Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#525763 - 08/05/09 08:41 PM Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov ***
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
I know this has been well covered all over talk radio. Just curious why nobody here is talking about it.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

What do they plan to do with this information?

How come you left wingers haven't spoken out about this? You would have been screaming if the previous administration had tried something like this!

WTF?

Here is the link to official White House blog it is posted on

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

Edited by Vic (08/05/09 08:43 PM)

#525770 - 08/05/09 08:50 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Hyperbole and regurgitating the Prezs' promises are equally as threatening to an administration without a phugging clue.

But hey at least there ain't no tax cheats or criminals in this "white" house.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#525783 - 08/05/09 09:22 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
Originally Posted By: Vic
You would have been screaming if the previous administration had tried something like this!
Quite the contrary. I would have loudly applauded any attempt by the previous administration to keep the lieing RWWJs in check.

#525784 - 08/05/09 09:26 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: goharley]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Vic, honestly, you aren't helping your cause. Same to be said of Hank and RvW (who I'm guessing has been drinking due to his 3 racist comments in the last few minutes.) for chiming in. It really does make you guys look even crazier. Cheers.

#525820 - 08/05/09 10:44 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I hope you really don't have a problem with an effort to cut out all the bullchit made up crap out there so we can at least know what it is we're looking at...kind of like JG's "the Gubmint now owns your computer" email cut and paste...it's made up stuff that has no place in the debate.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#525824 - 08/05/09 10:50 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
I'm still waiting for Obama to shut of the internet, take away the guns, and install Sharia Law.

rofl

#525855 - 08/05/09 11:54 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Yeah,,, I didn't really expect you guys to be honest.

I have yet to read or hear anyone say that Obama's plan was to euthanize the elderly in print or on the radio. I did read the transcript of Obama's ABC special where he said that there would be cases where the elderly wouldn't be able to get surgeries to correct problems, but that they could have plenty of pain pills.

#525873 - 08/06/09 12:23 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Vic, rather than just copy/paste stuff that other RWWJ's send you, how about going to the link you posted and reading it? It debunks the very made up scare tactic bullchit that you are talking about...

'Course, that's not as much fun as reading those chain emails and getting all ascairt, but at least you'll know something when you're done.

Fish on...

Todd

#525877 - 08/06/09 12:30 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Huh!!! Funny thing. I did a little google search trying to find where a republican claimed that Obama said he wanted to Euthanize the old. Couldn't find any. I did find plenty of liberal bloggers and liberal talking heads claiming it had been said. Wonder who is really spreading the bullschit.

#525879 - 08/06/09 12:33 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Actually Todd, I have spent a fair bit of time reading the president's speech about helath care reform and spent about an hour reading the actual bill, particularly the part about the end of life counciling.

Instead of trusting the salesperson, I think I choose to go to the source.

#525884 - 08/06/09 12:51 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Vic Offline
Spawner

He also had this to say:

And all we're suggesting -- and we're not going to solve every difficult problem in terms of end-of-life care; a lot of that is going to have to be we as a culture and as a society starting to make better decisions within our own families and for ourselves. But what we can do is make sure that at least some of the waste that exists in the system that's not making anybody's mom better, that is loading up on additional tests or additional drugs that the evidence shows is not necessarily going to improve care, that at least we can let doctors know, and your mom know, that you know what, maybe this isn't going to help, maybe you're better off not having the surgery, but taking the painkiller.

and representative Foxx was referring to rationing which is what Obama is implying should happen here.

KK

I don't think I would want to be on the government plan. But I don't think I would have a say as long as I work for some one else. Why do you ask

#525889 - 08/06/09 01:15 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Like I said my employer makes that choice not me. So I might wind up on it any way. And if I decide to change jobs in the middle of the year I will be REQUIRED to go on it until the start of the next calendar year. So anyone who changes jobs will likely wind up on it. Beyond that, Barny Frank said the other day that the Obama plan was the precursor to a single payer system.

Funny thing KK, my mom works for a company that administers a current form of government health insurance. In fact she has been in the health insurance industry for a long time. After talking with her, who I trust a whole lot more than any politician or even you, sounds like the games and BS are worse where she is at now. But I am not gonna drag mom's name or company, or program that they administer into this so I guess you can rip me, and attack moms credibility now if you want.

#525890 - 08/06/09 01:18 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Well that is his exact quote. Here is the link if you want it.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x8495975

#525892 - 08/06/09 01:35 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Like I said mom has been in the industry for along time. I have heard plenty of stories, so I have no love for insurance companies. I just don't believe that the government can administer anything more efficiently or effectively than the private sector.

#525896 - 08/06/09 02:32 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

If the gubmint option isn't able to compete with the private sector because the private sector is so much more efficient, then what are you afraid of? No one will go with the public option, and no one will be forced to...not even you if you change jobs.

The idea that an industry who makes its billions by accepting premiums then denying coverage is better for the consumer is a pretty long stretch...that's why they're spending a million dollars per day to put out propaganda and blatant lies to scare people.

From the looks of this thread, it's money well spent on some folks.

Fish on...

Todd

#525903 - 08/06/09 03:34 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Well Todd you are supposed to be an attorney. What does this say?

SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE.

(a) Grandfathered Health Insurance Coverage Defined- Subject to the succeeding provisions of this section, for purposes of establishing acceptable coverage under this division, the term ‘grandfathered health insurance coverage’ means individual health insurance coverage that is offered and in force and effect before the first day of Y1 if the following conditions are met:

(1) LIMITATION ON NEW ENROLLMENT
(A) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in this paragraph, the individual health insurance issuer offering such coverage does not enroll any individual in such coverage if the first effective date of coverage is on or after the first day of Y1.

I don't know, but it sounds like it could be interpreted to mean if you aren't already grandfathered in on a private plan you are on the gov's plan.

Come on Todd, surely you must see that private industry can't win when one of the players they are competing against is making the rules.

Edited by Vic (08/06/09 03:34 AM)

#525910 - 08/06/09 09:47 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Vic, if you are laid off from your job now where do you go for health coverage....yo momma?

Your options today:

Quit your job = good luck finding insurance. If you do it will be big bucks and not cover pre-existing conditions.
Get laid off = COBRA = (no income and a $500 a month bill) or become destitute and go on....GOVERNMENT INSURANCE.

#525921 - 08/06/09 10:50 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
I have had a recent experience with th VA hospital, some departments are extraordinarily officiant, radiology comes to mind. I'm not at all afraid of the government getting involved in healthcare. The care givers there blow away many of the staff I have seen at other hospitals. One thing though. they have a posting and you see it all over the place. Non cancelled, missed appointments cost th VA $1 million, this would be a s problem if a similar program was expanded just a thought.

#525931 - 08/06/09 11:46 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: One Way]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Didn't you guys read the clause from the bill I posted? If I am reading it correctly, it isn't an option at all. It is designed to put private companies out of business over time. Doesn't that bother anyone?

#525936 - 08/06/09 12:00 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
Ain't it amazin' how the left leaners want guv. in all our lives? The fact is, no one gets turned away for medical care. It's available and free or damn cheap. Oregon has their own medical plan for those less fortunate. A lot of them refuse to pay the $10 bucks a month to get it and would rather go the emergency room route.

A neighbor who had no insurance recently checked himself in to the hospital had his gall bladder removed and left the next day. he paid the bill with his own money. That was his choice. We have insurance that we pay for out of our retirement. My wife had two knee replacements, I had cancer surgery and radiation and we paid less than $1000 co pay.

Medicare does nothing. They rely on and turn the money over to providers to offer you health care under your supplemental insurance. And the providers do a damn good job as far as we are concerned.

Anyone can go online in Oregon, apply for an insurance card, free, and get their meds at the same rate we get them for with paid insurance.

So please tell me why the feds need to inject their faces into our private lives?

I agree that every person should have a living will. Both of my parents had a do not rescucitate provison that was honored in both their cases. But that does not mean the government should dictate the terms. I didn't get my info from Hannity. It came from Daschle who very plainly stated that old people were going to have to accept the fact that end of life care may not be available under the plan.

Daschle says health-care reform “will not be pain free.” Seniors should be more accepting of the conditions that come with age instead of treating them. That means the elderly will bear the brunt.

Thanks Barry and Tom, I'd like to be able to make that decision without your help.

Otherwise I'm retired!

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1395 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |