THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 15 of 21 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#527842 - 08/12/09 06:16 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov *** [Re: Jerry Garcia]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Jerry, I wish you were working towards improving the debate.

I haven't seen any busses but I've seen plenty of people that would qualify as wackos. Anyone going to those things that isn't asking an honest, thoughtful question is simply there to either stir things up or watch things be stirred up. Most people on this thread seem to be in that club as well.

As I posted above, much of the time/intensity related to the meetings has been in regard to either promoting/shouting/addressing falsehoods or ridiculous "interpretations" of the proposed house bill.

#527845 - 08/12/09 06:21 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Here is what happens when you ask a sincere thoughtful question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L3FnWNkIzU

They aren't listening and they don't care what we think!

Edited by Vic (08/12/09 06:23 PM)

#527847 - 08/12/09 06:31 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
Hippie

Vic, what was her question? Honestly, at the very end of the clip, listen to how she describes her current situation. Do you think that the current system will benefit her seeing as she is a past cancer patient who is losing her job and will need to acquire private insurance on her own?

BTW, she also implies that Congress doing something because it is "simply good for America" is somehow wrong. I'm not sure I'd agree with that.

To tell you the truth, she is a classic Joe-The-Plumber... someone that is actually fighting against something that would benefit her.

#527848 - 08/12/09 06:32 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: Kaiser D.
Show your work, Dogfish. Quoting an Internet blog isn't good enough. Not to say that isn't true but the way you are presenting it is no different than me pointing to a webpage saying the moon landing never happened.

I'm not picking a side. I'm just saying that both sides are playing the same game and they both suck at it. Somebody has to point it out. It would be interesting to find out the facts, after the fact to see if what was stated was true.

Me, I'm not going. I have stairs to finish.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#527850 - 08/12/09 06:39 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dogfish]
Hippie

While the facts might be hard to find/know, some of the lies being promoted as fact are easily disproved.

I feel confident that you or I are way better off doing something around the house or going fishing than going to one of those meetings.

#527855 - 08/12/09 06:52 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dogfish]
Vic Offline
Spawner

We didn't get to hear all of what she had to say, so who knows? She clearly wasn't part of the unruly mob. Was how congresswoman dipshait responded appropriate? Its clear this is one congress person who doesn't care what the people have to say. They are there to represent us. If the cell phone call was so important,she should have had the decency to ask the lady asking the question to give her a moment then get back to her.

Who knows what her situation is. Maybe she has savings or investments and can afford health insurance. Maybe she thinks this plan is bad for America and is willing to take the risk. I don't know. But it is clear to me that many in congress are gonna do what they want, and don't care what we the people have to say about it even though all of the reputable poles show Americans are against the plans being put in front of us.

As for doing what they think is right even though it isn't popular, you could make the case that Bush did what he thought was right. How many here supported that?

Properly braced, ready for the pile on!

#527861 - 08/12/09 07:07 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
Hippie

Originally Posted By: Vic
reputable poles show Americans are against the plans being put in front of us.

I'm reserving my judgement on whether you are reputable but I'm not holding my breath.

We didn't get to hear all of what she had to say, so who knows? She clearly wasn't part of the unruly mob.

Why didn't we get to hear all of what she said? Oh yeah, the "unruly mob". The congresswoman's reaction isn't very smart but if she'd been in that room for long, I don't blame her. The best thing those loud people could have done is STFU and make the congresswoman look like a douchebag for ignoring the question.

Who knows what her situation is. Maybe she has savings or investments and can afford health insurance.

She can keep what she has. What about that don't you understand?

#527881 - 08/12/09 08:07 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Originally Posted By: Todd
Take a bus to the meeting, JG...whatever constitutes a "bunch", you'll be one whacko closer smile

Fish on...

Todd

LOL!!!
Hey thanks for the WSC stickers Todd. I will put them to good use.

#527889 - 08/12/09 08:21 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Quote:
It's the easily debunked things like 'Death Panels' and 'pulling the plug on Grandma...

These are perfect examples.

Vic, Jerry et al... when I say things like "keep an open mind"... it's NOT that I'm tryin' to force the 'liberal' point of view on you guys... I'm just tryin' to make you see how ridiculous these right-wing talking points are from a LOGICAL standpoint... NOT a partisan one!

WHAT would Obama and the Democrats possibly have to gain by advocating healthcare rationing and killing old people? They're potential voters after all. Most of this fringe lunatic bullsh!t makes absolutely NO sense at all!

Yet you guys on the right let your hatred of Obama and your mistrust of Democrats cloud your ability to think rationally?

I just do not get it? beathead

#527897 - 08/12/09 08:47 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: 4Salt]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: 4Salt
Quote:
It's the easily debunked things like 'Death Panels' and 'pulling the plug on Grandma...

Vic, Jerry et al... when I say things like "keep an open mind"... it's NOT that I'm tryin' to force the 'liberal' point of view on you guys... I'm just tryin' to make you see how ridiculous these right-wing talking points are from a LOGICAL standpoint... NOT a partisan one! beathead

4 Salt perhaps you don't think you are being partisan but you are trying to link me to the death panel argument. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else, or you think I am guilty by association. Go back and reread the thread, I did comment on rationing for the elderly, and posted the President's quote where he admitted it would happen. I also mentioned that I read the end of life counseling passage, but didn't make comment on that, so don't associate me with that. Like I said earlier in the thread the only real truth I see in this debate is that both sides are playing their little games trying to forward their agenda's.

#527904 - 08/12/09 09:06 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: 4Salt
Quote:

Vic, Jerry et al... when I say things like "keep an open mind"... it's NOT that I'm tryin' to force the 'liberal' point of view on you guys... I'm just tryin' to make you see how ridiculous these right-wing talking points are from a LOGICAL standpoint... NOT a partisan one! beathead

4 Salt perhaps you don't think you are being partisan but you are trying to link me to the death panel argument. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else, or you think I am guilty by association. Go back and reread the thread, I did comment on rationing for the elderly, and posted the President's quote where he admitted it would happen. I also mentioned that I read the end of life counseling passage, but didn't make comment on that, so don't associate me with that. Like I said earlier in the thread the only real truth I see in this debate is that both sides are playing their little games trying to forward their agenda's.

That is the way I am seeing it as well, both sides are trying to sell their position and aren't exactly checking all the facts before they spew them, including the President with the comment yesterday that AARP has endorsed a plan. BTW, who is the idiot who planted the girl questioneer at Obama's town hall meeting? What a moronic thing to do, definitely doesn't help the Pres when it appears that questioners are being planted in the audience.

Most people do not have the time to sit down over a period of days or weeks and try and sift through a 3000 page proposal that isn't written in English because we have to actually work for a living. If Congress wants to get the public on board with some type of health care reform I would recommend that they keep it fairly simple and write it in plain English. Glad to see cocksucker has got the time and the aptitude to read 3000 pages of legalese, I have to find a way to generate funds so that we can keep the lights on.

Edited by DBAppraiser (08/12/09 09:06 PM)

#527906 - 08/12/09 09:07 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: DBAppraiser]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Someone want to enlighten me as to why when I type "KayKay" I get cocksucker?

#527907 - 08/12/09 09:08 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: DBAppraiser]
Vic Offline
Spawner

cocksucker

#527908 - 08/12/09 09:09 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Wow! I think he must have pissed someone off.

#527914 - 08/12/09 09:16 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
One of the Mods did it through the filtering system that prevents 'profanity' from appearing on the board.

It's a joke by one of the Mods................... grin

Doesn't bother me, but I can see where some might be offended, so just call me K K (leave a space between the K's), and it's not a problem.

Or you can call me cocksucker for all I care.................I've been called worse by far better people than the likes of you Vic.

Thats a little funny, just didn't want you to think that I was calling you a cocksucker, if I do I will spell it in Caps so you know I mean it. smile

#527915 - 08/12/09 09:17 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Vic Offline
Spawner

K K I have tried to be polite to you through out. Not sure why you are such a cocksucker to me.

#527918 - 08/12/09 09:19 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
I love have the limp wristed left can use the "N" word and none of the pansy assed thumb suckers on the left care.

Where's KaiserD now?

Edited by RowVsWade (08/12/09 09:21 PM)

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#527925 - 08/12/09 09:32 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

The "3000" is a typo, should say "1000", my mistake.

Yes I have read legislation and it is like reading a zoning code or watching paint dry.

No public schools didn't fail me, on the contrary down here in University Place 20+ years ago they were good enough that college wasn't needed, no longer the case. I haven't read 3200 because I have been pretty busy trying to recover my business after AG Cuomo and Fannie Mae screwed me with their little HVCC agreement. Healthcare isn't quite on the top of my list, its a little below the mortgage payment, electricity, and water.

#527934 - 08/12/09 09:46 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Mark it's the only thing the GOP has................it's the thing they have used for over 30 years. No matter how absurd the meme is, the GOP always and without fail uses the most inflammatory statements possible in the hopes of leaving a lingering doubt in the minds of undecideds.

cocksucker-

that is such an inflammatory statement - have you forgotten all about Bush 1 and his kinder, gentler world vision? how 'bout those thousand points of light? LOL! BEEP!

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#527936 - 08/12/09 09:47 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Mikespike]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
late to the joke - if i type 'cocksucker' will it spell K K?

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

Page 15 of 21 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (eddie), 1474 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |