THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#525938 - 08/06/09 12:06 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov *** [Re: Jhook]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
Please tell me why this is good for us? Don't you just love the one on Page 50?

Oh [censored]! I just realized now someone is going to turn me in to the White House!

Subject: A few highlights from the first 500 pages of the Healthcare bill in congress

Contact your Representatives and let them know how you feel about this. We, as a country, cannot afford another 1000 page bill to go through congress without being read. Another 500 pages to go.

. Page 22: Mandates audits of all employers that self-insure!
. Page 29: Admission: your health care will be rationed!
. Page 30: A government committee will decide what treatments and benefits you get (and, unlike an insurer, there will be no appeals process)
. Page 42: The "Health Choices Commissioner" will decide health benefits for you. You will have no choice. None.
. Page 50: All non-US citizens, illegal or not, will be provided with free healthcare services.
. Page 58: Every person will be issued a National ID Health card.
. Page 59: The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer.
. Page 65: Taxpayers will subsidize all union retiree and community organizer health plans (read: SEIU, UAW and ACORN)
. Page 72: All private healthcare plans must conform to government rules to participate in a Healthcare Exchange.
. Page 84: All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
. Page 91: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
. Page 95: The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
. Page 102: Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
. Page 124: No company can sue the government for pr ice-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
. Page 127: The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
. Page 145: An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.
. Page 126: Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
. Page 149: Any employer with a payroll of $400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays an 8% tax on payroll
. Page 150: Any employer with a payroll of $250K-400K or more, who does not offer the public option, pays a 2 to 6% tax on payroll
. Page 167: Any individual who doesn't' have acceptable healthcare (according to the government) will be taxed 2.5% of income.
. Page 170: Any NON-RESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes (Americans will pay for them).
. Page 195: Officers and employees of Government Healthcare Bureaucracy will have access to ALL American financial and personal records.
. Page 203: "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax." Yes, it really says that.
. Page 239: Bill will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors and the poor most affected."
. Page 241: Doctors: no matter what specialty you have, you'll all be paid the same (thanks, AMA!)
. Page 253: Government sets value of doctors' time, their professional judgment, etc.
. Page 265: Government mandates and controls productivity for private healthcare industries.
. Page 268: Government regulates rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.
. Page 272: Cancer patients: welcome to the wonderful world of rationing!
. Page 280: Hospitals will be penalized for what the government deems preventable re-admissions.
. Page 298: Doctors: if you treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission, you will be penalized by the government.
. Page 317: Doctors: you are now prohibited for owning and investing in healthcare companies!
. Page 318: Prohibition on hospital expansion. Hospitals cannot expand without government approval.
. Page 321: Hospital expansion hinges on "community" input: in other words, yet another payoff for ACORN.
. Page 335: Government mandates establishment of outcome-based measures: i.e., rationing.
. Page 341: Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc.
. Page 354: Government will restrict enrollment of SPECIAL NEEDS individuals.
. Page 379: More bureaucracy: Telehealth Advisory Committee (healthcare by phone).
. Page 425: More bureaucracy: Advance Care Planning Consult: Senior Citizens, assisted suicide, euthanasia?
. Page 425: Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney, etc. Mandatory. Appears to lock in estate taxes ahead of time.
. Page 425: Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death.
. Page 427: Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends.
. Page 429: Advance Care Planning Consult will be used to dictate treatment as patient's health deteriorates. This can include an ORDER for end-of-life plans. An ORDER from the GOVERNMENT.
. Page 430: Government will decide what level of treatments you may have at end-of-life.
. Page 469: Community-based Home Medical Services: more payoffs for ACORN.
. Page 472: Payments to Community-based organizations: more payoffs for ACORN.
. Page 489: Government will cover marriage and family therapy. Government intervenes in your marriage.
. Page 494: Government will cover mental health services: defining, creating and rationing those services.

Edited by Jhook (08/06/09 12:11 PM)

Otherwise I'm retired!

#525948 - 08/06/09 12:40 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Jhook]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
A quick peek at that list shows several inaccuracies without even having to go to the page and read it...don't trust whomever put that list together.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Haven't yet read the stuff about "grandfathered plans"...I will when I get a chance.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#525950 - 08/06/09 12:53 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Jhook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Columbia City
And what might those inaccuracies be? Sounds to me like the whole dang plan is subject to inaccuracies. Even the authors don't know what it says. of course I'm not an attorney

Edited by Jhook (08/06/09 12:55 PM)

Otherwise I'm retired!

#525960 - 08/06/09 02:04 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Jhook]
Marz Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds, WA
The list above looks to be a biased opinion, it doesn't look to be factual as much as speculation.

The government requires private sector insurance and providers to conform to regulations already, to ensue that this concept is new and designed to put the private sector out of business is as ridiculous as saying they are going to take our guns away and we are going to be waiting in line for bread and TP.

Keeping the private sector from using the "It's our way or stand in line at county" as they have in the past is the main concern here and many private insurance companies are doing all they can to make people think the government is coming to take away their health care and deny care to the elderly with no options.

The SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE. posted above looks to say that if you have insurance coverage that does not comply with the new regulations, you can keep it but new members cant be added to the grandfathered plan after the fact.

You are not forced into government coverage, you have every right to go pick any insurance you want, this is to protect plans that people currently have that they do not want to give up as a result of new regs.

No one is forcing you to government health care, insurance companies are just trying to scare people into keeping the current collect premiums / deny claims situation we have been in for years, hell wouldn't you if it meant keeping a 6-7 figure salary?

#525968 - 08/06/09 03:01 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Anyone who thinks the amount of federal bureacracy contained in those 1017 pages is a good idea needs repeated enemas until they can think straight or die. That thing makes the IRS regulations look simple enough for a 3rd grader from Alabama.

It always cracks me up when someone who has been sucking off the government teat her whole life, including government run health care, has a problem with the rest of us taxpayers wanting it...especially when the rest of us actually are taxpayers, not just married to one.

Fish on...

Todd

#525970 - 08/06/09 03:05 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"Ain't it amazin' how the left leaners want guv. in all our lives? The fact is, no one gets turned away for medical care. It's available and free or damn cheap. Oregon has their own medical plan for those less fortunate. A lot of them refuse to pay the $10 bucks a month to get it and would rather go the emergency room route. "

And who ends up paying? You the government. Or is Oregon printing money these days? If so then it's the rest of us who are supplying your state welfare.

"We have insurance that we pay for out of our retirement. "

Alot of people lose their insurance when they retire because most corps would rather you go on the govt teet, or nothing....they don't care.
Also, alot of people who thought they had corp healthcare through retirement have had the rug yanked out from under them? You better hope that doesn't happen to you because, like most people, I bet you don't have it gauranteed for life in writing.

It's like an AA program for some. The first step is admitting there's a problem.

#525972 - 08/06/09 03:16 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: stlhead]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Both Obama and Barney Franks have said that the way to a single payer system would have to incremental as the public would choke on it if forced on the public all at once. I have excellent health care that is paid for with monies negociated out of wages. I'm not interested in a single payer system. You can't add 47 million people to the current overall healthcare load and not increase wait times.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#525974 - 08/06/09 03:24 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Jerry Garcia]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

That's assuming those 47 million people don't get medical services now. I say they do and we pay for it.

#525982 - 08/06/09 04:06 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

"We" don't pay anything, Marsha...your husband does, and has. You've been living off of him, and he gets his from the gubmint...and you get exactly what you think others ought not get, which is government run healthcare.

I pay more for your healthcare than you ever have, every day...and I don't have health care, because I can't afford it.

I know that sounds fair to you, but I'd expect as much from someone who gets theirs for free...and somehow thinks they've "earned" it.

Fish on...

Todd

#525989 - 08/06/09 04:50 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
There's a lot of federal bureacracy in VA and military healthcare systems; more than 1000 pages, I'll bet.

Who doesn't think it's a good idea to give the best care the nation can offer for soldiers and veterans?

#525990 - 08/06/09 04:54 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
RichardSimmons Offline
how does my ass look in these waders?

Loc: Onyourface

Now go take your enema.

Flavored enemas? YAY!!!

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies." Katie (from Horton Hears a Who - 2008)

#525994 - 08/06/09 05:00 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Funny that someone who hasn't worked a day in her life is commenting on someone who has two jobs...typical.

Unlike you, I actually pay taxes, lots of 'em...both federal and state. No one buys me cars or pays for my food and clothing and housing, I pay for it all myself, with my own money that I earn...myself.

It takes a real piece of work to have sponged her entire life...off the government [censored], at that...to find superiority in it.

Fish on...

Todd

#526000 - 08/06/09 05:18 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA

Now about your being a worm and painting salesman......

It's the annual summer Aunty vs Todd Festival!!! are you saying Todd is a worm because he sells paint? wink Now, break, back to your corners, then come out swingin' at the bell grin

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#526001 - 08/06/09 05:18 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

..medical coverage that WE pay into... YOU should get free medical too.
Wait a minute... So are you saying you do pay to get your medical care or you don't? If you do, then Todd will as well, as he already pays for yours and mine. So if every American pays into the system--like you're alleging you do--then why can't they have medical care, too? Even the ones whose husbands go out and earn their right to medical care while they sit on their ass all day stuffing groceries down their gullet until they get so fat they develop Type II diabetes and suck up more than their share of tax payer provided health care...

#526014 - 08/06/09 05:47 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: Todd
"We" don't pay anything, Marsha...your husband does, and has. You've been living off of him, and he gets his from the gubmint...and you get exactly what you think others ought not get, which is government run healthcare.

I pay more for your healthcare than you ever have, every day...and I don't have health care, because I can't afford it.

I know that sounds fair to you, but I'd expect as much from someone who gets theirs for free...and somehow thinks they've "earned" it.

Fish on...

Todd

Todd you choose not to pay for health care, if you reprioritized your expenditures from fishing to healthcare you could afford some kind of policy.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#526019 - 08/06/09 06:01 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Jerry Garcia]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
I've always been of the mind that the spouses and dependents of our soldiers, sailors and airmen have made countless sacrifices for the support of their spouse and this country and as such, as a bare minimum, deserve health care .

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#526043 - 08/06/09 06:48 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Dudes... don't attack me unless you want me to fight back, and fight back I will.
Owww, now I'm ascairt. A Birther goin' on the attack. rofl

#526044 - 08/06/09 06:48 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Marsha, if you think anyone is afraid of your illogical retorts, name calling, or tough guy internet persona, then you are...again...greatly mistaken.

Fish on...

Todd

#526047 - 08/06/09 06:54 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

She doesn't realize that the GOP tactic of "shout them down" only works in person.

#526050 - 08/06/09 06:56 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: goharley]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

It doesn't even work then...when all you bring to the table is your big mouth, it barely works with folks who agree with you.

Fish on...

Todd

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cam, FisherJoe, Gettin-It-Wet, Krijack, Steelheadstalker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1419 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |