THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 11 of 21 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#527116 - 08/10/09 04:57 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov *** [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Re: original question. I didn't hear it, but if Obama is taking the names of those opposed to the gov't. health plan, that is just as wrong as when Bush said, "either you're with us, or again' us," in reference to his war on "terra". Unbelievably stupid if true.

BTW, my Congressman, who's held 300 town hall meetings in his 11 years in Congress, is holding none, zero, nada this summer cuz of stories about health care complainers showing up and acting rowdy. What a nitwit! Holy Fvck! Democracy is rowdy. At the moment I'm thinking Dems were better behaved under Clinton.

Sg

#527119 - 08/10/09 05:09 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: Hankster
Now that they've retired and are expecting what they were promised, they find they are still paying for medical care. Although not as much as some do.

Although not as much as some.
Oh, you mean the monthly co pay and Medicare part B premium, as compared to the $800-$1,000 per month they would pay IF they could get insured at all?
And what would these old folks get if the republicans had their way. Oh yeah, nada. The Rs fought Medicare tooth and nail, just like they fought against Social Security. If they had been as good at telling lies then as, they are now - ala Palin's death panels, etc. we wouldn't have Medicare today. Imagine the health of this nation if seniors had no health coverage. There would be massive bankruptcies and old folks losing their homes.

It cracks me up to see seniors raising hell about not wanting Gobmint health care at the same time they are happily enrolled in Medicare.

#527127 - 08/10/09 05:41 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dave Vedder]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Democracy IS and should be rowdy Salmo... but what's happening at these town hall meetings being put on by Democratic members of Congress IS NOT democracy in action, IMO.

Right-wing groups such as "Freedom Works" are financing, providing scripts to and bussing a bunch of ignorant, ginned up with hate, redneck morons to these events to shout down the speakers and disrupt the process.

Protesting and voicing your opposition is one thing... and a GOOD thing... but that's not what's been happening. These right-wing extremists are REFUSING to allow the process to even happen... which is stifling the very democracy they claim to be exercising.

These Democratic members of Congress have received death threats, have been lynched in effigy and have had fights break out at their events... and all of this over healthcare reform? What does carrying posters of Obama with a hitler moustache and swastikas have to do with healthcare reform? This is a well-organized effort on the part of those who stand to lose the most by any changes in our current system to prevent at all costs any disruption to the status quo.

No wonder your Congressperson (Baird?) doesn't want to hold any town halls. What REAL good would it do?

As far as the govt. soliciting Americans to narc on their fellow citizens in a concerted effort to stamp out ANY resistance to the implementation of their healthcare plan... you would have to be a paranoid, hate-mongerin', FOX-watchin', right-wing simpleton to believe that to be true!

Which would explain WHY it has the support that it does... I suppose? fridge

#527128 - 08/10/09 05:45 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dave Vedder]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
So now Brian Baird compares people who are against the current healthcare reform plan to Nazi's, lynch mobs, and Tim McVeigh.

Clark County Columbian article on Baird.

Seems like he can't stand a little pressure.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#527136 - 08/10/09 06:26 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dogfish]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Maybe Baird has been wtaching Rush?

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200908060021

#527138 - 08/10/09 06:39 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dave Vedder]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
Whoa big guy...............with Soc Sec you go back and read the testimony on what it would cost and provide well before you whiz dung through the mix. What promised was miles away from what we ended with and the same Medicare. You do yourself a injustice.

Oh yes I retired early, am on Soc Sec with union pension & Med that will cost me $50 a month. Frankly I see nothing wrong with the system.......now my brother that pays $1200 a month and has been self employeed most of his life might think I need an mental adjustment.

#527139 - 08/10/09 06:42 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Rivrguy]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Rush is a total moonbat whacko, Dave.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#527150 - 08/10/09 07:04 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dogfish]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Well there's one thing we can agree on! what

#527152 - 08/10/09 07:11 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Rivrguy]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
Whoa big guy...............with Soc Sec you go back and read the testimony on what it would cost and provide well before you whiz dung through the mix. What promised was miles away from what we ended with and the same Medicare. You do yourself a injustice.

The bottom line is both are God sneds to the American people and both were opposed by the Republicans. Are they perfect - hell no - for example both parties raided Social Security. Are they better thna the current system where many people end their lives on Medicaid -welfare, because no one can afford the cost of a serious bout with cancer and a few years in a nursing home - hell yes.

I find it laughable that so many hate welfare but end up putting their parents in a nursing home that is funded by Medicaid, which is welfare.

If you find Social Security to be such a problem feel free to refund you next check - I'm keeping mine.

#527165 - 08/10/09 07:51 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dave Vedder]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Now now now. I will keep my check thank you but Dave I am on my wife's death benefit. Had not it been for that the 80k she paid in and her employer matched gone as mine if I kick the bucket which Soc. Sec is counting on as if we all lived to 90 then all gone. Before I was borne my grandmother was one of the first to get L&I so many years ago when my gramp was killed so I understand programs and intent.

I do not have probs with government programs but none have done or have cost what the nation was promised and this happens as we get used to this then expand for that reason, then expand for this reason or add a benefit for that reason. Want a read big guy???? Go get the congressional testimony on what, how, and what rates the income tax would be when it was implemented AND WHAT THE AMERICAN PEOPLE WERE PROMISED.

So when you talk medical for all then everyone then one should approach with caution. You should not trust the SOB that says oh we will control cost so it doesn't cost anymore as they piling BS on 10 ft deep deep just the same as the SOB who says oh everyone can have health care we don't need to change anything. Both are lying SOB's.

We need government programs to help those who can't for what ever the reason. Health care big example but it needs boundaries that stick so both parties can't use it to buy votes. Which big guy is why 90% of the changes in the tax code since the income tax and other social programs have been about. We let the SOB's in DC ( both R & D ) use our tax money to finance programs and just pure PORK to buy our votes. WE deserve what we get and it will rhyme with shucking!

#527170 - 08/10/09 07:58 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Rivrguy]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
We need government programs to help those who can't for what ever the reason. Health care big example but it needs boundaries that stick so both parties can't use it to buy votes.

YES we do Rivrguy! thumbs

So WHY don't we use these town hall meetings in a PRODUCTIVE way to pass along ideas for making that a reality... instead of chanting Obama is the Anti-Christ? huh

#527172 - 08/10/09 08:08 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: 4Salt]
nynook Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Wait....You mean he ISN"T????

#527174 - 08/10/09 08:16 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: nynook]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Yeah, that kind of sounded like the president's stfu and get out of the way comment to me too

#527175 - 08/10/09 08:17 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: nynook]
EnglishPete Offline
The Duke of Death

Loc: Upyerarseland
Originally Posted By: nynook
Wait....You mean he ISN"T????

Get a grip! Obama is a muslim. m-u-s-l-i-m. He also was not born in the United States and therefore is not eligible to be president.

Tally-ho!

What do Princess Diana and Pink Floyd have in common? Their biggest hit was the wall.

#527179 - 08/10/09 08:27 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: EnglishPete]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

What DOESN'T sound like that to you Vic? doh cowboy

nynook = nookie dreamin'?

Hmmmmm...

Either way... so tell me, how exactly does chanting Obama is the Anti-Christ bring us closer to a workable solution to the national healthcare issue?

#527196 - 08/10/09 09:25 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: 4Salt]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Good question. Watching this horror flick unfold as BO is labeled the true antichrist, not a citizen ect.......but then anyone that objects to the a thoughtless mass lemming health care stampede toward the cliff is a Rush twin driven by greed and hatred ..............it makes one wonder. Just so heartburn doesn't flare. Rush is a entertainer and judging by ratings rather good. Want the Lib counter? Try the ED man! Rush doesn't have a stranglehold on obnoxious talk!

Back to the subject. It is about money! Not profits that are obscene ( DV I give this one with applause ) such as the drug companies but campaign contributions. Both parties have fundamental views that are really reasonable but different and this is good. Throw in the money it takes to get elected and both parties are bought and sold to interest that are highly involved for philosophical and economic reasons and that are not necessarily the best for our population as a whole. Read this thread from this perspective. If you had been in a coma for 50 years and the first thing you read was this thread, would you think the world was nuts? No doubt what so ever me thinks!

It is what it is ............... and we as a people will survive it despite our government not because of our government. Our kids will pay one hell of a price down the road for our foolish behavior though.

Edited by Rivrguy (08/10/09 09:38 PM)

#527201 - 08/10/09 09:33 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Rivrguy]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Horror flick??....

About the most honest thread I've ever read....

Welcome to the board nynook .

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#527204 - 08/10/09 09:36 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
O's troops should be quelling the uprising very soon. Believe it. kneel

#527210 - 08/10/09 09:46 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ParaLeaks]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Which troops would those be Slab?

Lemme guess... his ACORN brownshirts... right? help cowboy

If the folks who oppose any sort of changes to our healthcare system would just express that sentiment in at least a semi-civil manner... instead of pluggin' their ears and shoutin' "Keep the government outta my Medicare"... then the democratic process which we claim to be so proud of would truly be working.

The ability of this right-wing hysteria to cloud the judgement of the otherwise rational has me completely mystified... I tell ya.

Hatred really IS the most powerful and base of the human emotions. beathead

#527232 - 08/10/09 10:09 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Semi civil manner.........would that be KK-like?
Just looking for a bit of clarity here. Do you deem the assault-frenzied responses of the far left sane?
The troops would be the droves of high school grads enlisting at present.....exactly as predicted. The number of lattes per day is inversely proportional to the number of fresh military recruits. More people joining the "free ride" train. And now with all sucking the gov teat soon, any hold-outs will be forced in line. Sound like Democracy to you?

Page 11 of 21 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 345 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |