THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 17 of 21 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#528291 - 08/13/09 06:31 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov *** [Re: Rivrguy]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Katie Abrahms is Joe The Plumber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_09xPF_9UjM

Sadly, I think she represents a lot of the angry people that are showing up "asking questions".

#528299 - 08/13/09 06:47 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
As she should. It is her right as a citizen.

One more time. Get over it.

#528300 - 08/13/09 06:49 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: Todd
Originally Posted By: Mikespike
okay - the fun train has left the station...

It would seem so...but then the funniest post on this board in a long time just crawled out from under a rock and implanted itself here...

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Did you have anything to say OTHER than a personal attack KD?

Fish on...

Todd

okay, so getting back to having some fun, and this is TOTAL CHEESE for humor, Todd, if your artist girlfriend has mexican food, does that make her artsy-fartsy? rofl

it's been a long day at work and not very fun, hope you at least smiled - fart humor never fails me........

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#528302 - 08/13/09 07:02 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Rivrguy]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
As she should. It is her right as a citizen.

One more time. Get over it.

Another citizen exercising her rights as eloquently as Katie Abrahms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

rofl

#528304 - 08/13/09 07:10 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I'm down with people exercising their right to free speech...even if they are stupidly wrongheaded and live in a fantasy world...I also am down with Kaiser's exercise of his free speech to point out that she and Joe the Plumber couldn't ID a political issue or fact to save their lives...

Ahhh...the conservative base...such fertile ground to grow idiots.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#528319 - 08/13/09 07:32 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
At least Obama kept his promise and is keeping Lobbyists out of the hoopla....

I mean if you can't trust the big drug companies who can ya' trust?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090813/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_health_care

"The new ad airing in a dozen states is being paid for by a new coalition called Americans for Stable Quality Care. Members of the group are Families USA, the Service Employees International Union, the drug lobby Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America, the American Medical Association and the Federation of American Hospitals."

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#528337 - 08/13/09 08:47 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

The fact that it's catching on ought to make you ashamed to be a Republican...they're lying, and you know it, and the lies are sticking.

What's an American Way debate when that's how it runs?

Making your voice heard is patriotic...parroting lies when you know they are lies is cowardly. Sending people out there to parrot those lies is cowardly.

Defending it is cowardly.

Can't win on the facts? Then come up with something other than "No!" as a plan, and put it out there for debate...

Fish on...

Todd

#528352 - 08/13/09 09:52 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Ya just gotta admire Hank's tenacity! thumbs

The only problem though is that he is about as good at political prognostication as say... Dick Morris. fridge

He's definitely willin' to go down with the ship... help

#528358 - 08/13/09 10:13 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Wonder what Obama and the Dems are lying about?

"This isn't socialized health care"

"This won't put private insurance companies out of business"

http://www.breitbart.tv/uncovered-video-...vate-insurance/

Think I will take him at his word and continue to oppose it.

#528367 - 08/13/09 10:30 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Quote:
I know there isn't anything in the bill about abortion but that's fishy to me because it's conspicuous in it's absence.

Could that possibly be because the Hyde Amendment already makes federal funding of abortion in all but cases of rape and incest illegal Hank? doh

Nahhh.... cowboy

#528374 - 08/13/09 10:59 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Here are some more Obama lies concerning his healthcare plan.

Anyone remember the promises of negotiating reform on CSpan and making it bipartisan.

http://www.breitbart.tv/naked-emperor-ne...yhem-it-caused/

Wonder why he chose the backroom deal instead of sticking to his word. Is this his idea of change?

Edited by Vic (08/13/09 11:40 PM)

#528375 - 08/13/09 11:00 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Hankster
I'm pretty sure I emailed you that hearing that's on youtube where the Rep from GA (a doctor) was complaining to Miller that Pelosi's marching orders were to ignore Repubs.

Lots of plans out there from the R's that could be considered in a bipartisan bill, or even discussed and debated. The Dems aren't interested and only want to mollify the Blue Dogs so they can pass it in the House. Period. They have the numbers in both houses to pass anything they want. They are even discussing going the nuclear option and passing it in the Senate with only a majority vote.

Tell me again that they listen to the R's.

Yep, payback's a bitch. I'm not defending it, but it is so reminiscent of when shrub was in the whitehouse and the Rs controlled Congress. If I'd heard a few of you conservatives opposing the crap that the R whitehouse and Congress forced on us I might feel slightly sympathetic.

Frankly I am a bit concerned that we aren't going to get the best health care reform that good minds can develop because it's become more important to just pile on and keep the Rs marginalized, even if one of them happened to have a good idea. (Ever the philosopher, I know that a good idea doesn't care who has it.)

You say that some Rs have good health care reform ideas. I've only heard one of them last week, and I didn't like it. But if Rs have good health care reform ideas, where the hell were they during all those years they controlled Congress, not to mention the Whitehouse? Oh, that's right, when the Rs are in power, they favor the unsustainable status quo that makes CEOs uber rich and deny coverage to policyholder's legitimate claims. Maybe there are valid reasons why Ds are reluctant to listen to anything Rs have to say on the subject.

Sg

#528380 - 08/13/09 11:07 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: 4Salt]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
KK...I went to bed after waiting for a response and not getting one. I see now that you were putting together a lengthy piece. And a rather well put together one at that. If you had excluded the slams it would have been better, but still all in all, not bad.
You are correct in stating that I have never stated much of substance concerning politics......I don't like politics. Apparently you think that everyone should be as into it as you are....now wouldn't that be pathetic? I recall you referring to political dedication as "patriotic". Whew......that's a reach for me. Seems to me that most politicians I have known are about the most dysfunctional people around.
I get much more enjoyment out of going out to the garden and picking peas, carrots, beans, lettuce, and blueberries as I did earlier, than bantering with you. Petting the dogs, watching the bees, working on my boats, and countless other things all beat your company. The only reason I bother jumping in your face is to momentarily upset your little world of "look how great I am and how little you are". You are so damn full of yourself that you undermine what you have to offer. Think about it. It's what I have been referring to when I suggested that you find some new tools. It's hard to see you through the pile of garbage you toss. I'd hate to live in your head....must be awful loud and scary in there.
Peace. Out

#528401 - 08/14/09 12:05 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ParaLeaks]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Hank, so long as the Republican leaders, and the Republican followers, are staying silent while the Repubs and their hired hands are spouting about...

1. Obama isn't an American, and

2. The Death Panel will kill all Americans over 71...

...then I think ignoring R's is not only good policy, it's damn good for America.

The only thing better would be if Man-on-Dog actually ran for President...with Bachmann or Palin as running mate...if the R's didn't clamp down on any possible combination involving any one of those three, then they not only deserve every single thing they're getting, but a lot more that will come later.

Hank, how is it "ignoring R's" when the R's aren't actually saying anything? When the R's version of the bipartisanship they keep clamoring for is to either do absolutely nothing, or spread lies about the Death Panel, then what exactly should the other 70% of us be listening to?

If the R's had anything useful to say, we'd listen...as it is, when Obama praised Grassley for being a reasonable Republican, one who was willing to sit down and actually talk about the content of the possible health reform bills, the next day Grassley had to go out and repeat the Death Panel Talking Point before he lost his "base"...the ignorant racist loudmouths who would sell their own mothers down the river before ever admitting that a Democrat, a black one at that, could possibly have a good idea.

Why listen? We have the votes, and if the R's don't want to play ball...well, to put it bluntly, fuckem.

They not only have very little of substance, and even less of use to say, but it's how they ran our country into the ground for the past eight years...they clearly can't be trusted with anything beyond parroting talking points and creating resolutions to make Obama apologize.

Fish on...

Todd

#528429 - 08/14/09 01:50 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
rofl

This thread is f'n killing me.

I'm telling you, you can't f'n PAY for comedy like this sh!t and here we are getting it for FREE!!

We got sand, we got chapped asses, we got hurt butts, I'm telling you this is why the Dark Side of PP is no place for the weak of heart or the easily offended.

Back to work you f'n Communists, Liberal Scumbags, Conservative Assbandits, lefty whackjobs, righty Limbaugh-lovers, and everyone in between.

It bet 4 years of lifespan has been lost by people frothing at the mouth in this thread. The health-care thread.

Little on the ironic side, don't you think?

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#528449 - 08/14/09 09:10 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I have tried to email Rick Larson 6 times over the last 2 days and my email is not accepted because his box is two full. This is the email that I am trying to send

Rep. Larsen, I want to thank you for the opportunity to attend the town hall meeting in Everett. I wasn’t fortunate enough to be called on to ask a question so I will pose it here. First a short statement and then a question that only requires a yes or no answer. A young man close by brought up his civics class from high school and it got me to thinking about my high school government class from 1969. I was taught that the representative that I vote for is my representative to the government and the feeling that I have from both parties now is that they represent the government to me. My question is if you were to find out that a majority of your constituents were against the healthcare plan would you still vote for it?

Thank you Richard Hunt

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#528451 - 08/14/09 09:21 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Jerry Garcia]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

Let me answer that....he won't ...of course he would.

#528457 - 08/14/09 10:03 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Jerry Garcia]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
Hank's argument concerning cost is legit in my mind.
Without being an insurance guru, my understanding is that an insurance company existance is based on profit. This appears to me to mean that if it were not for forced participants the companies would all fail. The reason is simple. If all particiapants in the health insurance pot needed health care and USED it, the health care providers would quickly be bankrupt. In order for insurance to be viable, most participants MUST NOT collect on it, at least not in cost amounts that exceed their contributions. Make sense? Insurance is not a "coupon" for savings, it's a bet that you will not collect (from the insurance carrier's point of view).

With baby boomers very soon, if not already, in the "I'm falling apart" catagory, they present a huge (if not unsurmountable) problem for insurance companies. So if all of those old bastards (myself included) jump on the insurance O train, guess who will be picking up the tab?...you young, healthy, and very gullible people who have litte to no present need for insurance...and even that, my friends, can only be a viable IF you participate... which means you will have to be forced to do so. My bet is that not enough healthy youngsters will willingly kick into the insurance pot when there are new reels and rods to buy. I know I went for many years with no insurance. I was betting, albeit foolishly, that I wouldn't need it. As it turned out, I was mostly right and saved thousands in insurance premiums. Was that wise? No. I was betting with others well being in the pot, and that is pretty much a "Screw You" thing to do.

So who has the most to gain? Old uninsured people. Mark, Jake, will you please pay my hospital bills as my old ass slowly falls apart? You will? Wow! I owe you, guys! Oh, and while you are at it, would you mind picking up that annoying national deficit tab, too? Damn, you guys are the best!

Looks like us old codgers have pulled the wool over them stupid kids' eyes again.

A new sig line possibility......"Beware of politicians bearing gifts"

#528472 - 08/14/09 11:20 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

...and just to make it more ironic, the pretty face of the Republican Party...and pretty face is all it is...ex-Gov. Palin fully endorsed end of life counseling for Alaskans...'course, she didn't call it a "Death Panel" back then...

It's a perfectly good idea, one that virtually everyone supports when it is explained for what it is, and a provision that was not only written by a Republican, but very similar to a provision in Alaska that Gov. Palin fully supported and endorsed back then.

When it's endorsed by a black Democrat, though, all bets are off...now it's a Death Panel, and that lie is not only being spread by the talking points handed out by the RNC for disruption at town hall meetings, but being spread by some of the very Republicans who supported it before.

Kinda like the Bridge to Nowhere...supported for political reasons, then not supported...for political reasons...and there's your Republican playbook in a nutshell.

Oppose whatever the Prez wants, at all costs, for no reason other than to oppose it...if we had a Republican Prez right now, The Newt, Palin, and the loudmouth radio shock jocks would be trumpeting it as the second Coming itself...

Liars and sumbitches, all of 'em, and until they stop purposely spreading lies for one reason and one reason alone..."Waterloo"...then they have no credibility at all, and should be treated...ignored...as such.

Fish on...

Todd

#528475 - 08/14/09 11:37 AM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Todd
When it's endorsed by a black Democrat, though, all bets are off...now it's a Death Panel,
Todd

Bravo! Bravo! 9.8 A near perfect execution of the race-card! If you point your toes a bit more it would be a perfect 10!

Page 17 of 21 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |