THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 18 of 21 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#528483 - 08/14/09 12:16 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov *** [Re: Vic]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

Loc: oly
All of this bull [censored] began with the recognized need for "affordable" healthcare. It has now become a issue of health insurance for all, whether you want it or not. As I read the house bill all I see is the increased roll of the federal government in the health care business.

Supporters seem to believe that if passed they will receive free health care.
I don't think that is going to happen. At least I haven't found it in the bill.

WHAT IS AFFORDABLE?

#528484 - 08/14/09 12:16 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: chasbo]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

you can say cocksucker but not [censored]?

#528485 - 08/14/09 12:21 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: chasbo]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Anyone that believes they'll get FREE healthcare from ANYONE is strongly mistaken.

Newsweek article on some common healthcare myths... something for each "side" to chew on.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/211981

#528495 - 08/14/09 12:55 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
docspud Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Silverdale Wa
My god this post is getting more painful by the moment. How can anyone including the all informed cocksucker himself have any idea what is or is not in this "bill". The damn thing is not written yet. No final product!. Nothing has been completely dropped or added! So quit pissing down all our backs and telling us it is raining all informed.
Right now the best we can do is guess. We all know that last minute things will be added to get this vote and dropped to get that one. One thing we can be sure of is that all this bitching is just that bitching. the only other thing we can all know is that everyone that makes these statements about how great or horrible it will be is full of crap(incuding the pres, rep leadership and dem leadership).
When they promise everything at no cost.......B.S. When they promise unending cost and no return.......B.S.(well most of the time). It is the wieght of cost to benefit we should be looking at not "death panels" or whatever the latest inflamatory statement is.

#528503 - 08/14/09 01:15 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: docspud]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Aunty, your avitar pic is damn funny! thumbs

#528507 - 08/14/09 01:26 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
chasbo Offline
Spawner

great, another personal attack

#528532 - 08/14/09 02:32 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
With this great new healthcare plan I wonder if the Prez and Congress are going to switch plans. Or are they exempt??

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#528539 - 08/14/09 02:45 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: RowVsWade]
Vic Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa, USA
Yup, they are exempt. The Cadillac plan is what they are on. If this is such a great deal, all they have to do is put EVERYONE in congress and the White House on it and I will quit bitchin about it. That would be kind of like leadership and they aren't gonna do that.

#528552 - 08/14/09 03:16 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Vic]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Rick Larsen was asked that and he said just like you we get to keep our health care plan if we want.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#528560 - 08/14/09 03:29 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: docspud]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope

applause beer applause

#528575 - 08/14/09 04:06 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Jerry Garcia]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Jerry Garcia
Rick Larsen was asked that and he said just like you we get to keep our health care plan if we want.

Did anyone ask him about Death Panels, or is that finally off the table at the meetings?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#528580 - 08/14/09 04:36 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
How many Seniors were there carryin' signs that said "Keep the government outta my Medicare" too Jerry?

I thought you lived in Mill Creek by the way?

To be in Larsen's district, you must live north of Silver Lake?

#528608 - 08/14/09 05:48 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: 4Salt]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
I live just south of Silver Lake, northwest of Mill Creek. He spoke a little about counseling every 5 years after 65 or whenever your health changed .

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#528636 - 08/14/09 09:19 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ]
ParaLeaks Offline
WINNER

Loc: Olypen
"Let's talk about cost for a few pages now.... "

half hour and no calculations coming forth....yoooo hoooo....Mr. I-know-the-plan.....got some figures for us?

Maybe I can help....it's to be financed ala Robin Hood....just like the rest of this out-of-this-world spending. Everything will balance if we just keep taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

I'll guarantee that it won't be financed by the participants, at least not in full......unless the enrollment is mandatory....There are only two ways it can work, and if enrollment ISN'T mandatory, then the money will be garnished from every swinging dick that has a job, because the cost of actually getting the sick/poor population healthy, or even reasonably so, would be astronomical.

Maybe we should ask Darcy....she has a degree, you know....in economics.....from Harvard.

Let's hear those numbers.....or how about at least a method of balancing this new found dream. This new math really has me confused.

#528648 - 08/14/09 09:43 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ParaLeaks]
Krijack Online   content
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
"because the cost of actually getting the sick/poor population healthy, or even reasonably so, would be astronomical."

So, what is you answer to the sick, poor population?
Get a job?
Get well and then get a job?
Or is it..

maybe you should just take the pain killer?

#528653 - 08/14/09 09:50 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: ParaLeaks]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
You are absolutely right Hank.

I'm curious though... what major piece of Republican legislation concerning the very well-being of so many average Americans have the Dems applied such a concerted effort of lies and unadulterated hate-mongering to defeat... in say, the last hundred years? huh

Slab - KK's style may be a bit direct and abrasive to those on the right who don't do much thinkin' for themselves. But all of that aside... what exactly do you think he's been wrong about and where is your evidence to prove it?

#528654 - 08/14/09 09:51 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Dan S.]
Big Stick Offline
"Sasquatch on Land"

Loc: Paradise,AK.
Dan,

I concur,as I'm more than a touch reticent to quantify someone with both their hands out,in the EXPECTATION of receiving handouts...as being my voice of "reason".

Of course I can wipe my own ass too,so that puts me light years ahead of the respective "curve" and lands me once again in the minority.

I've longed figured that the more bitching moaners there are in this World,the easier things go my way. It's a nice arrangement.

(Please disregard my Post count,should you find it unsettling.)

#528655 - 08/14/09 09:53 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: 4Salt]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: 4Salt
You are absolutely right Hank.

I'm curious though... what major piece of Republican legislation concerning the very well-being of so many average Americans have the Dems applied such a concerted effort of lies and unadulterated hate-mongering to defeat... in say, the last hundred years? huh

At least since Ronald Rogain began, that's an easy answer...none...not because they couldn't, nor because they wouldn't...but because they don't do "well-being of average American" legislation...not their schtick.

Fish on...

Todd

#528656 - 08/14/09 09:55 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Big Stick]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Big Stick

I've longed figured that the more bitching moaners there are in this World,the easier things go my way. It's a nice arrangement.

Lookey there...we have something in common.

"Bitching moaners" tend to spend too much time bitching and moaning rather than enjoying life...and enjoying life is, well, something I enjoy.

Fish on...

Todd

#528658 - 08/14/09 09:58 PM Re: Are they serious?!?! flag@whitehouse.gov [Re: Todd]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

Page 18 of 21 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1004 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |