Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#542374 - 10/01/09 07:45 PM KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB20001424...

Obama Can't Outsource Afghanistan

By KARL ROVE

So our top commander in Afghanistan, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, has told CBS's "60 Minutes" that he has spoken with President Barack Obama only once since June.

This is a troubling revelation. Right now, our commander in chief is preparing to make one of the most important decisions of his presidency—whether to commit additional troops to win the war in Afghanistan. Being detached or incurious about what our commanders are experiencing makes it hard to craft a winning strategy.

Mr. Obama's predecessor faced a similar situation: a war that was grinding on, pressure to withdraw troops, and conflicting advice—including from some who saw the war as unwinnable. But George W. Bush talked to generals on the ground every week or two, which gave him a window into what was happening and insights into how his commanders thought. That helped him judge their recommendations on strategy.

Mr. Obama's hands-off approach to the war seems to fit his governing style. Over the past year, he outsourced writing the stimulus package to House Appropriations Committee Chairman David Obey, washed his hands of Attorney General Eric Holder's decision to reinvestigate CIA interrogators, and hasn't offered a detailed health-care plan.

Mr. Obama's aloofness on the war will be a problem if the recent airing of Joe Biden's views on Afghanistan is a tipoff that Mr. Obama will rely on his vice president's guidance. According to reports in the New York Times and other publications, Mr. Biden supports reducing troop levels in favor of surgical attacks—mostly launched from offshore—and missile strikes against al Qaeda, especially in Pakistan.

Such an approach would almost certainly lose the war. Actionable intelligence—key to defeating an insurgency—would dry up. Tribal chieftains would cut deals with the Taliban and al Qaeda. The Afghan government would probably collapse, and the Afghan people would have little choice but to swing their support to the Taliban. Pakistan would likely come to see us as a fair-weather friend and increasingly resist U.S. attacks against al Qaeda on its soil. American credibility would be shattered. And militant Islamists would gain a victory.

cont................It's a GREAT READ

- Albert Einstein.

#542392 - 10/01/09 08:50 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Sol Duc]
wntrrn Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Edmonds
Obama was voted into office because of the belief he could help change us for the better. People saw water and trees in the desert that was just a mirage. But, it was better than 4 more years of the same ol' same 'ol.... so they thought. Now we see that nothing is different.
The D's are no different than the R's. It's only about getting re-elected and paying off their personal old debts.

Bush's personal debts were to the oil companies and defense contractors. Obama's are a different set of contributors.

Read this one because I think it's spot on. Look where we're going as a country and look at the debts that every state and city are facing. The federal government used to contribute money to the states for building infrastructure, etc. Now, it's all about fighting a war that even the generals have stated can't be won.

BLEED TO BANKRUPTCY.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/01/binladen.tape/

#542402 - 10/01/09 09:20 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: wntrrn]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Wasn't it Obama that said it was the "WAR of Necessity"....you know the "GOOD WAR" unlike Iraq...His Words.

You Liberals lose Afghanistan you will lose Pakistan and India ain't going to let the Taliban anywhere close to the Pakistani Nuclear Arsenal.

Lose Afghanistan, and your going to see a Blood Bath the Likes that this Planet has never seen.

- Albert Einstein.

#542554 - 10/02/09 11:36 AM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"Such an approach would almost certainly lose the war."

Yeah because Karl Rove knows what he's talking about...blah blah blah.

One could also say he's a good delegator, Rove spin = outsource, and leaves the issues to the experts like Generals doing war, Attorney Generals conducting investigations, House Appropriations Committee writing stimulus packages, etc. What a concept.

BTW, as we all witnessed, allowing GW to judge anything was extremely dangerous to America and a lot of careers.

#542559 - 10/02/09 11:46 AM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: stlhead]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Karl Rove doesn't have enough credibility to run a coffee stand, and in fact, should be in jail...and should acknowledge that many of the difficulties in Afghanistan were created by him and his cabal when they completely dropped the ball there...against those who did commit the atrocities of 9/11...to start a war of choice against an unarmed and pacified Saddam Hussein, who just happened to have a lot of oil, not to mention a completely destroyed country that will take trillions of taxpayer dollars to pay Halliburton to rebuild.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#542565 - 10/02/09 11:59 AM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Todd]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: Todd
not to mention a completely destroyed country that will take trillions of taxpayer dollars to pay Halliburton to rebuild.

somewhat related - turns out that iraq could have it's electrical infrastructure completely rebuilt using solar systems for less than it will cost to rebuild the oil industry, it's prime source of money and energy.

As far as for Rove and other Bush admin people, many of them were warned by their legal council that when they left office, there were several countries where they would not be able to travel to because they would face prosecution by those countries - i think Rumsfeld had to cancel a trip to Germany over this.

Edited by Mikespike (10/02/09 12:02 PM)

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#542566 - 10/02/09 12:01 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Mikespike]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It's also funny that Rove is talking about "outsourcing the war" when we have more contractors with guns in Iraq than we have US soldiers...and not surprisingly, it was him and his knucklehead friends who put them there.

What a fuckin hypocrite.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#542615 - 10/02/09 01:46 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Way to stir the pot Sol Duc. Like Todd said, Rove doesn't have the cred to run a coffe stand, but I don't think he should be in jail. Jail is too good for Rove. Rove should be pilloried, along with his cohorts, on the national mall, and left to rot by the elements as slowly as possible. Because extraordinary rendition is also too good for Rove. See what a popular guy you chose to copy/paste?

Sg

#542633 - 10/02/09 02:46 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Salmo g.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Way to stir the pot Sol Duc. Like Todd said, Rove doesn't have the cred to run a coffe stand, but I don't think he should be in jail. Jail is too good for Rove. Rove should be pilloried, along with his cohorts, on the national mall, and left to rot by the elements as slowly as possible. Because extraordinary rendition is also too good for Rove. See what a popular guy you chose to copy/paste?

Sg

Salmo G, this post was not made to pump up Karl Rove. It was made to bring discussion to BO handling of the war in Afghanistan.

- Albert Einstein.

#542660 - 10/02/09 04:15 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Offered for your consideration, actual, factual evidence to the contrary:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/09/27/i-very-much-enjoy-working-for-obama-gates-says/

Note this is from the Secretary of Defense, not a partisan blowhard. It's also from a who was in the cabinet of both administrations...

Now Go Away.

#542662 - 10/02/09 04:25 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: ]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
Dav'e boat has paint on it?

#542665 - 10/02/09 04:34 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Bucket/Good Sport]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Who is Dav'e?

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#542671 - 10/02/09 05:01 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: ]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
rofl rofl rofl rofl

Is that [censored] pink STAM?

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#542736 - 10/02/09 06:23 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: ]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Please don't defend these kinds of people. We need to eliminate the "Roves" with no ethics and no decency from the limelight and make sure their influence is greatly diminished.

if you replace "Rove" with "politician" we all come out winners smile

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#542737 - 10/02/09 06:24 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Mikespike]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hank does his best Rory Bellows impersonation again..........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#542751 - 10/02/09 07:06 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsource A [Re: Dan S.]
Marz Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds, WA
None of these are "wars" they are Military Installations that are met with local resistance.

Have you seen the small city we are building in Iraq? Afghanistan is going to be another "protect them from the Taliban", but if we gain some strategic military footholds in the ME, I guess that would be ok too.

The prime directive has not changed with the presidents.

#542781 - 10/02/09 08:23 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsour [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
No one ever said Rove wasn't smart Hank... it's the fact that he's an evil, manipulative, lying, criminal douchebag that turns normal folk off. fridge

No wonder the wingnuts respect him so much... cowboy

#542812 - 10/02/09 09:27 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsour [Re: ]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Originally Posted By: Hank
He's criminal only if he's convicted.

OJ Simpson never killed anybody, and Al Capone was merely a tax-evader.

#542830 - 10/02/09 10:07 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsour [Re: 4Salt]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: 4Salt
No one ever said Rove wasn't smart Hank... it's the fact that he's an evil, manipulative, lying, criminal douchebag that turns normal folk off. fridge

No wonder the wingnuts respect him so much... cowboy

He's just the Right's answer to John Podesta is all Webo.

#542845 - 10/02/09 10:47 PM Re: KARL ROVE IS SPOT ON!!!!! "Obama Can't Outsour [Re: DBAppraiser]
Dan S. Offline

Originally Posted By: Hank
You can do better than that.

What would be the point?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |