THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 27 of 30 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#572115 - 01/13/10 04:37 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

I'm with Todd. I expect if the big cheeses at CCA are reading this they must be pissed. I'm pretty sure you CCA members were supposed to vow an oath not to engage in internet blather like this. I know some of the top people know how to raise money and keep people excited to keep paying their dues and running banquets but this insane soap boxing is about as far from an incentive to join and pay money as anything I have ever seen.

#572116 - 01/13/10 04:41 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: boater
when this commercial selective fishing takes off and they start taking more hatchery fish sport fishing wont be to good above these new methods, i`d suggest fishing below them.

I tend to not believe this theory as I have fished in Hood Canal amongst the seiners and find them less disruptive/effective than a gill net... A gill net streched across a river is a gauntlet that permanently block access up or down stream. All the netter needs to do is run up and down the net pull the fish out. The seiners need to circle the fish then close up the net. While they are closing the net the rest of the river is opening up for fish to pass thru and around. Fish are also able to see a seign more readily than the gill net and possibly avoid it. They also bounce off them if they hit them...

Given the size of the lower columbia and the relatively small amount of water that the nets can actually work I think you will find that alot more fish will actually get through.

also, If this were such a great deal for the commercial boats dont you think that they would also be rushing out to sign the petition?

#572122 - 01/13/10 05:00 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.

#572123 - 01/13/10 05:01 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
LeadBounder, you need to either lay off the meds, or start taking better ones...your last several posts are almost completely indecipherable.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#572138 - 01/13/10 05:34 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Todd]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Boater,

They purse seined a lot of chums and pinks, not so many chinook and coho compared to the gillnets. The LCR pink and chum fishery isn't much to fret over. Fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case may be.

Of course, the important aspect Piper missed is that LCR seiners could be allocated many more fishing days if they had unused ESA impacts and significantly increase their harvest numbers.

Details, details . . .

Sg

#572139 - 01/13/10 05:36 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Salmo g.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Of course, the important aspect Piper missed is that LCR seiners could be allocated many more fishing days if they had unused ESA impacts and significantly increase their harvest numbers.

Details, details . . .

Sg

I wouldn't say that's a detail...I'd say that's the entire point.

Fish on...

Todd

#572141 - 01/13/10 05:39 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM

For those of you who LOVE to bash CCA, keep in mind, there are many, many hard working volunteers giving thousands of hours a month and believe it or not, NOT on any sort of fundraising, which also must be done. It's like you are spitting on each and every one of them. Good luck with that bad Karma you're spreading... It will come back at you eventually.

Who's spitting in who's face?? Let's not forget what CCA is going to do to the Columbia...

Keith

#572148 - 01/13/10 05:54 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

KK,

Fortunately, I think, the people running CCA are not the people who are posting here.

Sg

#572154 - 01/13/10 06:06 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
This thread rocks................

We have the dumb, claiming the moral high ground, while impugning both the motives, and rationale for anyone who disagrees with the vaunted CCA and their position on anything. All the while, facts are turned aside, to make room for nonsensical ramblings by boat launch dimbulbs, and now the internets biggest gasbag is talking about 'Karma' .

Rich...................... rofl

If the CCA members posts are in any way indicitive of how the group is run, they'll see no more money from me.................ever.

rofl

#572155 - 01/13/10 06:06 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
This thread rocks................

We have the dumb, claiming the moral high ground, while impugning both the motives, and rationale for anyone who disagrees with the vaunted CCA and their position on anything. All the while, facts are turned aside, to make room for nonsensical ramblings by boat launch dimbulbs, and now the internets biggest gasbag is talking about 'Karma' .

If the CCA members posts are in any way indicitive of how the group is run, they'll see no more money from me.................ever.

I agree this post ROCKS!

Let us not forget the sideline pontificate-rs, proselytizing and trying to convert all of us slope headed heathens they are the only ones that know the way to our salvation. That we should forever be grateful that they have stopped by to enlighten such a bunch of dullards.Risking not anything of themselves,save for some cyber type and time away from ruling other worlds.

How nice it must be to be you.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#572161 - 01/13/10 06:17 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Quote:
KK,

Fortunately, I think, the people running CCA are not the people who are posting here.

Sg

They aren't. They also can't control, or are they attempting to curtail free speech. The members posting here post their own views. The official positions can only come from those given the authority to speak for CCA. We've declared that so often that it shouldn't need to be repeated.

And KK...

It's a FACT that very good people who give of their time and dollars are being insulted daily here and the majority of the people doing it HIDE behind monikers and will NEVER give you their identities or meet you in public. That's scummy even if you can't acknowledge it nor are their "facts" really facts at all. It's ASSumptions and those who believe ASSumptions are usually...

That's right... asses.

Aunty you hit the nail on the head here!

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#572172 - 01/13/10 06:29 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.

The members posting here post their own views.

i thought the members and the members veiw`s and desires are what makes the cca ?, do the members of the cca vote on anything that the cca does or have input into cca policy ? , if they do wouldnt that mean that your veiw is the same as the cca`s ? , maybe leadbouncer should answer this rofl

#572181 - 01/13/10 06:48 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

I'm getting a headache reading this. CCA started out telling people who were either joining or thinking of joining NOT to air the company laundry on the internet...this bunch of craziness is the best example I can think of proving them right. Join the group and work your tail off for your causes, raise money and try your best to make a difference. Let the CCA machine issue the press releases.

#572186 - 01/13/10 06:52 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: grizz1]
grizz1 Offline
Returning Adult

Any of you that were at the first meeting at Three Rivers Marine in Woodinville when Gary Loomis spoke and the name SnoKing was chosen and the first officers were elected should remember the guy who came with Gary who said very clearly that the chapter's reason for existing was to raise money by recruiting more members and agreeing to hold atleast one banquet a year to raise more money. That was it. Policy etc...would come from headquarters. That was clearly stated. So was the idea of not getting on the internet with CCA business. I guess that didn't work out so well. Check your bylaws.

#572188 - 01/13/10 06:59 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Boater, its no wonder you dont make any sense. All that jet engine noise overhead, would make anyone insane. You keep writing the same thing over and over, expecting a different response.

#572204 - 01/13/10 07:39 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Don't be spreading those conspiracies again, KK...what are you? A gillnet hugger?

Fish on...

Todd

#572211 - 01/13/10 07:48 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: ]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

All the while, facts are turned aside, to make room for nonsensical ramblings by boat launch dimbulbs, and now the internets biggest gasbag is talking about 'Karma' .

Careful there KK, the gasbag claims to never be wrong.

I'd suggest having a banquet, often, these gillnet huggers have very deep pockets.

#572222 - 01/13/10 08:19 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: grizz1]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: grizz1
Any of you that were at the first meeting at Three Rivers Marine in Woodinville when Gary Loomis spoke and the name SnoKing was chosen and the first officers were elected should remember the guy who came with Gary who said very clearly that the chapter's reason for existing was to raise money by recruiting more members and agreeing to hold atleast one banquet a year to raise more money. That was it. Policy etc...would come from headquarters. That was clearly stated. So was the idea of not getting on the internet with CCA business. I guess that didn't work out so well. Check your bylaws.

Bummer, and to think Lead Bouncer almost had me closed on joining.... rofl

Keith

#572233 - 01/13/10 08:31 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: Salmo g.]
Piper
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Boater,

They purse seined a lot of chums and pinks, not so many chinook and coho compared to the gillnets. The LCR pink and chum fishery isn't much to fret over. Fortunately, or unfortunately, as the case may be.

Details, details . . .

Sg

The reason they seined more of the other types of salmon is because they tend to travel in tighter schools and not as spread out... even with the seine fleet in everyday more fish will be getting thru than currently with the gillnets... While upriver fishing may not be better it will at least be more consistant because you wont have the gillnets taking the entire run that is passing thru at the time...

#572235 - 01/13/10 08:38 PM Re: Gill-net salmon fishing ban on ballot? [Re: stlhdr1]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
Originally Posted By: LoweDown
hmmm now we have deleted posts adding to the mystery.

huh

KK said the magic word "partnered" and probably did a quick delete since WSC is partnered with SOS. A sportsman group in a coalition with diverse 56 organizations that include trollers, per seiners and gillnets

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

Page 27 of 30 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, 1 invisible), 1030 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645362 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |