Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#600117 - 05/17/10 09:55 AM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Dave Vedder]
Driftfishnw Offline
Steelhead Hitman

I will also be there on the 29th to pick the pup up.

#600132 - 05/17/10 11:58 AM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Driftfishnw]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Got to check out the pups again yesterday. All of them are looking great.

My little guy wouldn't stop staring into my girlfriend's eyes.

Can't wait!

Attachments
IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2803.jpg

#600525 - 05/18/10 10:39 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
that's the little bugger that kept untying my shoelaces! smile
can't wait!!!!!!! i think we'll be there on saturday as well.

willy

#600719 - 05/19/10 08:16 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: landcruiserwilly]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
OMG, Art those pups are gorgeous, that pup of Kaisers looks exactly like Blue when he was a pup. I think Jackie is going to try and bribe you into having another litter.

#600823 - 05/20/10 04:05 AM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: huntncoug]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
OK Snit she is looking for you.
You all ready for this.....

DFNW's Bear

FB's Big Head Mack

Veddar's Tye with Tally and Kenna

#600855 - 05/20/10 12:51 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Achewter]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Those are some great looking dogs! Jealous of all you guys who are getting one and kudos to Art for doing the heavy lifting.

#600858 - 05/20/10 12:55 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Achewter]
Driftfishnw Offline
Steelhead Hitman

Alright!! Those are some great looking pups thumbs

I will probably be up this weekend to drop off his create, so he can get used to sleeping in it.

I'll give you a call later today, or early tomorrow morning.

#600896 - 05/20/10 02:41 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Achewter]
SalmonPrincess Offline
Smolt

Loc: Tacoma
Keep the pictures coming so I can live vicariously.

Edited by SalmonPrincess (05/20/10 02:41 PM)

#600958 - 05/20/10 05:54 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: SalmonPrincess]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Hey Art. What are you feeding them? I want to begin wiht the same food so Tye doesn't have to deal with a food change right away.

#601051 - 05/20/10 11:24 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Dave Vedder]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Thanks again Art. We'll see you tomorrow night! What Vedder said...."what brand and type of food are you feeding"?

#601053 - 05/20/10 11:44 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: snit]
Achewter Offline

Kirkland from Costco. Both the puppy and adult food are real good and were suggested by Mickey's breeder.

#601146 - 05/21/10 02:03 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Achewter]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

can't find the link right now, but the kirkland is one of the highest rated foods around, and you really can't beat the price. we picked up a 20# bag of puppy formula for $12 at costco yesterday. it's made by diamond if you're interested. no corn, no soy. these are important factors in choosing a food. dogs (and chickens and cows and most everything...) were not made to eat corn. can cause digestive issues, skin issues etc. whatever you choose, try and stay away from corn...

willy

#601160 - 05/21/10 03:15 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: landcruiserwilly]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Couldn't agree more, willy. I started Kaiser off on Science Diet (not cheap food!). After a while, he started getting red spots on his belly that kind of resembled flea bites. My vet said it could be caused by his food and, sure enough, even with Science Diet, the number 1 ingredient is corn. Switched him to Iams Eukanuba (also not cheap!) and within days, the spots were gone and never came back. I believe chicken is the number one ingredient in the Eukanuba I buy.

I recently have been looking at alternatives to the Iams as it is about $50+ for a 40 pound bag (does that seem ridiculously high to anyone else?). The Kirkland is indeed rated as one of the best dog foods out there and is a surprisingly reasonable price in comparison to the other "good" foods.

Can't wait! Art has done a stunning job in caring for the pups. Awesome socialization with adults, kids, cats, and dogs.

-AP

#601180 - 05/21/10 04:20 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

had the same thing with the skin on my last dog. (i even think that it was science diet). we ended up feeding lamb and rice, then allergy formula venison and rice to finally get rid of the skin issues. think we were paying upwards of $1.00/ lb as well. it is ridiculous! we can't wait to take our pup home. we're going to spend the weekend getting the house ready for puppyhood.

willy

#601426 - 05/22/10 11:52 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: landcruiserwilly]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Gotta say it was a real pleasure to meet Art, Drake, and Ali (sp?)! They've done a great job raising the pups!!! We took the yellow one (Lu-Lu) home to Wenatchee last night. She slept through the night in her air kennel and she's retrieving to hand. We had to run all kinds of errands today and she just "chilled" in her dog box in the pickup waiting for us. We're very happy with the new family member. Thanks again Art!!!!!!!!

#601517 - 05/23/10 03:58 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: snit]
Achewter Offline

Try to get some pics of your boy when he gets his surprise...

#601564 - 05/23/10 10:52 PM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Achewter]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

congrats, snit. sorry we didn't meet. i'm sure there will be a "family reunion" of sorts at some point, and i figure that i might be in your neck of the woods hunting birds. best of luck with your new buddy!

willy

#601574 - 05/24/10 12:07 AM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: landcruiserwilly]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
I went over to Arts house tonight and all dogs are awesome. Every litter I have ever picked dogs out of had one or two that were obviously inferieor to the rest of the litter. Every dog that I saw tonight was an awesome specimen, I couldnt pick out one that was better then another. Although Kaiser, your pup was a fetching machine, I threw the tennis ball a couple times and he brought it back, not right away but it ended up back at my feet.

#601583 - 05/24/10 01:30 AM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: snit]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: snit
Gotta say it was a real pleasure to meet Art, Drake, and Ali (sp?)! They've done a great job raising the pups!!! We took the yellow one (Lu-Lu) home to Wenatchee last night. She slept through the night in her air kennel and she's retrieving to hand. We had to run all kinds of errands today and she just "chilled" in her dog box in the pickup waiting for us. We're very happy with the new family member. Thanks again Art!!!!!!!!

Did you put her in the kennel before you left Arts? I have a small travel kennel, but was concerned that shoving Tye in it might make him wary of kennels. I wa planning on having the wife and or grandson hold Tye on thier lap on the way home. My thought was to put his food and water in the big kennel at home then let him get used to going in there on his own. Any thoughts guys?

#601589 - 05/24/10 03:13 AM Re: Looking for Lab homes [Re: Dave Vedder]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

The Mrs held her until we got thru Monroe, then we slid her into a small pet carrier. She never even snivelled all the way home! She loves her nest.It seems like the more towels and stuff the better. Reminds her of the whelping box and all her brothers (and sister) snuggled in.

Today was 10hrs of fishing (more like boating. lost one good fish and caught a dink) on Rufus and she slept about 8hrs plus the ride up and back from Wenatchee. I gotta say, they're damn nice dogs (so far LOL)! We're super excited about our new family member! It seems the breeding was an exceptional match for disposition. I'm sure there will be trials, but these pups have a great start. Art and family did a great job of acclimating the pups to different people and situations. Ours is just perfect (so far). The kiddo (6 yo) gets to meet her tomorrow night and he'll just lose his mind!!!!!!!!!

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
birdhunter111, metalman, solducsinker
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 992 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |