THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#574021 - 01/19/10 10:14 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: stonefish]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I saw Pearl Jam at the Moore Theater...that kicked ass. Alice in Chains at the Off Ramp (now Graceland) long before anyone heard of them was cool...saw all kinds of stuff at RCKCNDY when it was rolling...virtually every "famous" grunge band was there, though they were all taking turns being in each others' bands for a few years.

Never saw Mother Love Bone, who was the band to break the Seattle scene, bar none, 'til Andy died...and left it to Nirvana, who I also saw a few times and was far more impressed by live than I was by their studio albums.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#574022 - 01/19/10 10:17 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Todd]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

An observation...

People either really like Rush, or really don't. Same goes for Queensryche.

Funny thing is, it's usually the same people who either like them both, or don't like either of them.

The "likers" are hardcore about them...big time.

I'm not a "liker"...matter of fact, if I never hear another song from either of them, it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Am I the only one who observes this?

Fish on...

Todd

#574040 - 01/19/10 10:50 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Todd]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Oh yeah, another good one was Pearl Jam at the Showbox. While watching one of the openers (I think Supersuckers or the like) this short dude with a jean jacket and a fly guy like hat was standing next to me. Didn't recognize him until he's like "great show huh". Looked down to find it was Eddie Vedder. That was perty cool.

#574041 - 01/19/10 10:51 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Funny...I ran into Eddie Vedder at the Crocodile at a Lemonheads show...literally, we ran into each other.

His nose kinda bruised me right in the sternum smile

Fish on...

Todd

#574057 - 01/19/10 11:26 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: big moby]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
I'm just glad no one is talking Phish. they are strait up pussies.

#574059 - 01/19/10 11:30 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Todd]
SalmonPrincess Offline
Smolt

Loc: Tacoma
I totally agree. A couple good friends of mine are huge Rush fans. I tagged along to the Gorge two years ago and was not impressed. They remind me of a Canadian Styx.

Whoever mentioned Cheap Trick, that must have been many years past as they were terrible when the opened for Heart at White River in Sept. of '08. I've heard better from no name cover bands.

Best Concert: Tom Petty at the Gorge 2008 or Warped Tour 2001

I'm jealous of all the great shows back in the day you all mention. frown

#574064 - 01/19/10 11:36 PM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: SalmonPrincess]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: SP
They remind me of a Canadian Styx.

rofl

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#574083 - 01/20/10 12:08 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Dan S.]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

Okay. One more! Alice in Chains awhile back for the tsunami benefit at some refurbed warehouse place. They had several different artists come on stage to play with them like the singer of Damageplan, Ann and Nancy Wilson, Maynard Keegan and some others. Watching Alice in Chains do Zeppelin songs with Ann Wilson was incredible. Maynard also did Man in the Box!

#574085 - 01/20/10 12:15 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: cobble cruiser]
sodfarmer Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: sleeping in my duck blind
zz top at the gorge by far the best . a close second mid 90's at the construction show in Vegas we got free tickets for Tom Petty one night
chicago the next and our last night Leno

#574087 - 01/20/10 12:20 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: seastrike]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
Originally Posted By: seastrike
How'd they get the big dinosaur (godzilla thing) in the indian bar Mike?

think Spinal Tap and Stonehenge! rofl our dinner table was right at the stage and the other people sharing our table had a little, like 18" tall, wind-up godzilla. it was just like spinal tap, i thought eric bloom was gonna crush godzilla! rofl

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#574122 - 01/20/10 01:15 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: SalmonPrincess]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Originally Posted By: SalmonPrincess
I totally agree. A couple good friends of mine are huge Rush fans. I tagged along to the Gorge two years ago and was not impressed. They remind me of a Canadian Styx.

Their snakes and arrows tour sucked the big boner recently. Sorry Brewer. Took Hunter there when he was 12 and it was somewhat anticlimactic. The Rush of old has since passed. Back in the day, with a few beers under the belt and a "contact high" from my neighbor, they were pretty freaking awesome. (not that I inhaled)

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#574127 - 01/20/10 01:31 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Mikespike]
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Molly Hatchet back in 1981 at the Paramount. Went with my best friends lil sis Kelly, her date, and her friend Jill - Sol's sis. Jill was hot!

The Summer Jam was great at the Kingdome that summer. Saw Pat Benetar and Billy Squire.

Worked at some of the concerts at the Coliseum in Pullman. Huey Lewis, Joan Jet, Bryan Adams.

Yes in 1984 at the Coliseum in Seattle.

Saw Alice in Chains at the Vogue back in 1987 before they were big.

Haven't been to a concert since Aerosmith in 89.

#574139 - 01/20/10 01:57 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Steelheadman]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
The only concerts I go to these days are country, the Kenny Chesny concert at qwest was an eye candy bonanza. I even saw a chick piss her skirt there. Gorgeous drunk blonde, I'm standing there talking to her hoping to get lucky when I hear some water running, yuck, she really had to go. Funnest concert was Ozzfest at the Gorge 2000 (I think), Godsmack, Pantera, disturbed, static X, Incubus, slayer, black label society and of course ozzy. For an old man Ozzy went wild swinging from some rope setup over the crowd with a water hose spraying full throttle, I couldn't understand what he was singing but it was fun. Spent 3 days camping over there getting way too drunk and killing some of the extra brain cells.

Edited by stlhdr42 (01/20/10 02:06 AM)

#574146 - 01/20/10 02:34 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Todd]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Not my favorite band Or best concert and I don't think I have ever owned any of his music but I have seen George Thorogood 3 times and each time I was blown away. First time was in the Spokane Opera house and I didn't even want to go but DAM. The boy can belt it out. If ya get the chance do it.

#574150 - 01/20/10 02:49 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Achewter]
Satan Offline
I love me

Loc: Around the way
I saw Floyd once,front row center. Pretty good show. But the best of all time? Judas Priest,Oakland Coliseum. Hands down.And I've seen tons of bands from Alice Cooper to Motorhead to Slayer to Stanley Jordan ,list goes on and on. Priest was the best of all time in their heyday.

Edited by avid angler (01/20/10 02:51 AM)

#574158 - 01/20/10 03:18 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Satan]
jackiepoo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: University Place Washington
Tool @ the paramount was awesome, aling with the show they played called the rockstock festival @ the kitsap county fairgrounds with a band called Paw who kick major ass. The next Day Soundgarden and I think the screaming trees played and one of the best renditions of "just like suicide" was played solo by Chirs Cornell. Alice in chains opening up for vanhagar @ the tacoma dome was awesome as well. Fugazi @ DV8 WAS a damn good show. Sweetwater @ the Paramount or the Moore was awesomwe. Sweetwater had a knack for putting on a great enrgetic show. Tom Petty @ White river a few years back was great. Thanks everybody for all of the cool concert stories. Appreciate it alot.

#574160 - 01/20/10 03:30 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Satan]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
i grew up with Rush back in 70s, seen them many times now. they were never known for thier high entensity. so if thats what your looking for they won't deliver. what Rush does deliver on is a tight clean sounding show. you have to be a true fan to really dig thier shows. i've never been a KISS fan in any form, from what i've ever seen from them they royally suck. what KISS does deliver though is a great theatric show, full of glitz. some folks really dig that and think a KISS show is the bomb! trully blinded by the light.

in closing arguments, to each his own on bands and thier live shows.

#574161 - 01/20/10 03:34 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Brewer]
Brewer Offline

Loc: in the mass production zone
i saw sweetwater play twice in a bar in yakima. saw gruntruck twice two. the final time was in the same yakima bar on yakima avenue. they had some really cool new music i thought was fawkin great!!! never heard squat from them after that show.

Edited by Brewer (01/20/10 03:34 AM)

#574165 - 01/20/10 03:54 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: Brewer]
Satan Offline
I love me

I have to say Rush would be in the top 5. Great live band.

I never got to see Queen with Freddie. That would have been cool,or AC/DC with Bon. Or Metallica with Cliff,or Zappa.

#574166 - 01/20/10 03:56 AM Re: best concert you have ever been to? [Re: jackiepoo]
Satan Offline
I love me

" Fugazi @ DV8 WAS a damn good show. "

+1 for Fugazi. Those guys are solid .

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |