THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#569239 - 01/05/10 01:08 AM Re: You ever had some pull this..... [Re: kjsteelhead]
cowlitzkiller Offline
Spawner

Loc: on the water
I had a bull taken 2 years ago while i was getting my pack board... really sucks...

#569288 - 01/05/10 12:06 PM Re: You ever had some pull this..... [Re: cowlitzkiller]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Sorry to hear that story, docspud.

There was a gunfight over a buck in John Day country this season shocked
http://www.oregon.gov/OSP/NEWSRL/news/11_06_2009_update_wheeler_means_death.shtml

#573274 - 01/16/10 09:26 PM Re: You ever had some pull this..... [Re: kjsteelhead]
meat hunter Offline
Fry

Loc: edgewood
had this happen to me 3 years ago up in packwood. killed a nice 5x5 bull and two dicks took it from me and my buddy. but all is good when we left them with my bull and walked by their truck about 300 yards from where they were my glock 22 found a target on all 4 of their tires.

#576682 - 01/28/10 01:18 PM Re: You ever had some pull this..... [Re: meat hunter]
Elkfins Offline
Eyed Egg

I'm curious - did you call law enforcement? Not that they could or would do much other than take a report but you never know... stranger things have happened.
This has happened to my hunting party twice in the last 10 years in the Manashtash unit. The first time it happened to a friend on his first elk. 3rd day of the season he was hunting alone behind a gate. When he got to his truck with the liver & heart there were 4 guys in a red chevy that noticed that he had an elk down (blood, heart & liver gives it away). He BS'd with them for a few minutes before he left and came back to camp to get help. When we got back there, the drag marks were pretty clear in the trail and we knew what happened right away. After that happened, we always make notes of the license plates and descriptions of all vehicles we encounter. Never did find the douchebags but spent the rest of the week with our eyes open for them.

Last year, in the same spot, almost the same story but a different friend and this time we had thier license plate and a description of the vehicle. We called law enforcement. Turns out that they were locals. Later that evening LE found them with the spike hanging in thier carport skinned. Buddys tag was in the bed of thier truck. I'm not sure what the outcome was for the douchebags but i suspect nothing good.

Now I always keep a notepad of license plates and vehicle & person descriptions of everyone i encounter while hunting.
steve

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1098 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |