THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#590380 - 03/24/10 08:41 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: stlhead]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Nope, just bring your credit card.

BTW, when was the last time someones house burned down and they
came crying you? I've never had anyone come crying to me to pay for
their house. There is no way possible to take care of everyone, no matter how good your intentions are.

BTW, you are the one that compared HC to homeowners. If it was up
to me, if you put your house in a flood plain without flood insurance, I wouldn't let people collect money for that either. We bail them out too.

Edited by DBAppraiser (03/24/10 08:46 PM)

#590392 - 03/24/10 09:53 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: DBAppraiser]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: DBAppraiser

Irie, I have noticed that in the previous 12 months the Patriot Act
has not been repealed. Matter of fact, the new crew has made a lot of use of it. Must be ok then huh?

NO. It's not ok. Never has been.

You failed to address my point that the same fucktards that thought Patriot 1 & 2 were swell think Health Insurance is trampling The Bill of Rights.

#590420 - 03/24/10 11:36 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Irie]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Originally Posted By: Irie

has not been repealed. Matter of fact, the new crew has made a lot of use of it. Must be ok then huh?

You failed to address my point that the same fucktards that thought Patriot 1 & 2 were swell think Health Insurance is trampling The Bill of Rights.

I think the best way to answer that would be this way: The same fucktards that screamed about all the rights that the Patriot act trampled are now more than happy to trample the Bill of Rights to force someone to buy health care.

Obviously Fucktards come in both blue and red. It just depends on who gets to do the trampling.

#590427 - 03/25/10 12:10 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: DBAppraiser]
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres

I think the best way to answer that would be this way: The same fucktards that screamed about all the rights that the Patriot act trampled are now more than happy to trample the Bill of Rights to force someone to buy health care.

Obviously Fucktards come in both blue and red. It just depends on who gets to do the trampling.

Its fukin jobless fucktards that want the hand outs and DB you know as well as I there is a pile of them on here why the fukk else would they post 24/7. What I would like to know is how many of the supporters of this have jobe with Insurance!!!!

#590453 - 03/25/10 02:43 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: DBAppraiser]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Ok, great & fine, but then why weren't any Teabagger Rallies organized about the passage of The PATRIOT acts?

#590454 - 03/25/10 02:55 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Irie]
ISO Chrome
Unregistered

Ok, great & fine, but then why weren't any Teabagger Rallies organized about the passage of The PATRIOT acts?

To be honest, I think enough people were pissed off about the "Patriot Act" (I don't see anything "patriotic" about it) that it was the kindling for the fire that is now driving these rallies. I think the American people are a bit "slow to burn", so the reaction wasn't immediate.

Lord only knows where it will all go from here.

ISO

Edited by ISO Chrome (03/25/10 02:55 AM)

#590457 - 03/25/10 03:49 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
. HMOs will NOT see you. I am a member of an HMO the "deluxe plan". My plan allows me to go to the HMO & pay no deductible...well pay nothing really except a $15.00 co-pay even if hospitalized but if not satisfied can go anywhere I chose & have the 20/80. Thing is I was waiting for a tentanus shot recently, sitting right next to the intake area & a lady wanted to be seen but they wouldn't allow it, she offered credit card & cash, no not part of the HMO...we're sorry. I felt bad for her.

Perhaps Im confused about what an HMO is. When I typed in HMO into bing, the top four answers talked about a PLAN.

My understanding was that HMO was like Group Health. Which at the early age of 20+ my brother was denied acceptance due to a medical condition he contracted. He filled out the application and was denied coverage, from Group Health. Had no problem getting health insurance from other employers and personal individual policies like Regents. GH on the other hand, cherry picks and then obviously spends as little as it can to service its patients.

I dont have insurance and Ive never been turned away as a self pay patient. I work for a company with more than 50 employees and we dont have health insurance, unless we pay for it. It will be interesting to see what happens to these jobs.

I guess time will tell who is right and who is wrong. But Im not buying insurance until I get a bill from the IRS. I have my doubts, that I will. They went into a panic cause their constituents didnt get their TV digital box last year before the digital deadline.

#590458 - 03/25/10 08:36 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: stlhead]
Jerry Garcia Offline

Loc: everett
Originally Posted By: stlhead
"Why would that person want coverage when well?"

He wouldn't. Just like he wouldn't want to pay SS until retirement. Or pay property insurance until his house catches on fire. Me either. Can I be exempt and only pay for various coverages when or if I need them? I'd put a ton of money in the bank.

I believe one of the tenants of bending the cost curve was that you had to get the young and healthy enrolled in the plan, money paid in with few benefits paid out.

Growing old ain't for wimps
Lonnie Gane

#590495 - 03/25/10 11:32 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Jerry Garcia]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

That's what insurance is. Anyone who thinks they can get buy without health insurance is either uber rich, in denial or a future welfare recipient sucking the blood out of the rest of us. I recently read an article which stated that 60% of those who filed bankruptcy due to health care costs had health insurance.

#590503 - 03/25/10 11:43 AM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: stlhead]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

"If it was up to me, if you put your house in a flood plain without flood insurance, I wouldn't let people collect money for that either. We bail them out too."

And if it were up to me if you have the option but choose to not carry health insurance then you shouldn't be treated without cash up front. Maybe a new member of an EMS team should be a credit analyst. You are laying unconcious on the sidewalk, EMS arrives and starts running the credit check and freezing bank accounts. Not enough to cover well you rolled the dice and lost. See ya. Probably better to just force insurance on these idiots.

#590517 - 03/25/10 12:13 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Irie]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
[/quote]Ok, great & fine, but then why weren't any Teabagger Rallies organized about the passage of The PATRIOT acts? [/quote]

Irie,

If you'd been paying attention in 2007 you would know that the first Tea Party rallies were organized for exactly that reason, among others.

#590546 - 03/25/10 01:10 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Both sides are bought and paid for that's why we will never see real reform. Too many dollars to lose.

#590561 - 03/25/10 01:43 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: stlhead]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Irish Rogue,

Very good post about Ds and Rs self-contradictory values. At least it makes me feel better about my own values, which cross party lines routinely.

Stlhead,

I thing you're right. The HCB sure isn't what I'd hope for. Key features left out, like the public option Aunty refers to - it couldn't be a threat to insurance companies unless the private companies are truly over-priced because we know for damn sure that the gov't. is the farthest thing from true efficiency.

Me, I'm pretty lucky. I get the same HC options as members of Congress. Only being lower paid, I choose a less expensive (GH) plan that I can afford. And while it ain't the best, I expect it will serve my needs, since every time I go to GH I see that my premiums are paying to help keep chronic smokers and obese patients alive. It's a perfect illustration that life ain't fair.

Sg

#590572 - 03/25/10 02:39 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: StinkingWaters]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: StinkingWaters
Quote:

Irie,

If you'd been paying attention in 2007 you would know that the first Tea Party rallies were organized for exactly that reason, among others.

Fine, prove it then: Show me pictures of these angry racist GOP dittoheads then having "Tea Party Rallies" in D.C. on the Capitol Mall, holding signs denouncing The PATRIOT acts during the Bush Administration.

#590586 - 03/25/10 03:20 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Irie]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Jeebus must I do everything for you? Not that your request was vague at all.

Tea Party Rally, check (an early Paul rally), In D.C., check, in the Capitol Mall (I don't know the layout of D.C. that well but I'd say the pics are close). During the Bush Administration, check (July 12th, 2008). Holding signs denouncing the Patriot Act, check.

Not all GOP'ers are racist dittoheads. Sounds like you need to layoff the Olbermann.

If this isn't enough you could spend a couple of minutes to seach out the hundreds of websites and thousands of youtube videos that spang into existence during the 2007 campaign. All created by people who one way or another had misgivings about the Patriot Act and both wars, but were also concerned about the Fed Reserve and fiscal issues as well. Not your typical "GOP racist dittoheads".

#590588 - 03/25/10 03:21 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: StinkingWaters]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Whoops big pic but what you're looking for is in there.

"Patriots Beware of the Patriot Act"

#590602 - 03/25/10 04:05 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Ok, nice 241235x8734287934 pic there, but that's a Libertarian Ru Paul rally, not a Teabagger Love-in.

#590611 - 03/25/10 04:31 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: stlhead]
Stew Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Extreme Left of Center
Quote:
20. Are we worried there will be less boob jobs?

Hell yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

#590621 - 03/25/10 05:28 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: Irie]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Ok, nice 241235x8734287934 pic there, but that's a Libertarian Ru Paul rally, not a Teabagger Love-in.

The Tea Parties were a creation of the Ron Paul campaign. Only after the Obama election were they co-opted by the republican establishment. After that the message changed some and Palin worship by McCain voters ensued.

The new Tea Party isn't easily identified since many of the participants are RP republicans, small "l" libertarians, ex-liberals, anti-war folks, and of course died in the wool republicans who only started attending after Fox News started pumping the Tea Party. Those folks didn't like us RP folks at their primary caucuses one bit.

Ironically it was Fox News who excluded Paul from their New Hampshire Republican primary debate in 2007. Infiltrate and discredit,......it's a pretty good strategy.

#590831 - 03/26/10 03:43 PM Re: 20 Ways Obamacare Steals Your Freedoms [Re: ]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Dont expect a fat tax on Candy. Warren Buffet owns too much of that.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bucktail, Richard E.
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 366 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |