Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#594700 - 04/14/10 01:13 AM First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I went to Arts house to look at the new pups. Can't tell yet which will be mine, but they all look exceptional.

Edited by Dave Vedder (04/14/10 01:14 AM)

#594703 - 04/14/10 01:19 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Dave Vedder]
SRoffe Offline
Spawner

Proud Papa you are.

#594708 - 04/14/10 01:24 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: SRoffe]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

How in the world could you choose one solely based on good looks? I think your going to have to hold every one of them to see which one has the best temperement and personality! Could be a tough decision indeed! thumbs

#594710 - 04/14/10 01:25 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: ]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
I dunno, Dave. that one sleeping on you looks pretty special.

May you guys have lots of good years together.

#594711 - 04/14/10 01:29 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Doctor Rick]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

I love this thread. All these hard nosed fish bonkers go goofy drooly over an animal closely related to a seal. Any irony here?

No slammin' here. I love labs.
Hey, I met a Boston Terrier that convinced me to take him home with me, but his mom said no.

#594712 - 04/14/10 01:29 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Doctor Rick]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
My last pooch...I picked him out when he was three days old, but had dibs on two others, just in case...when they were eight weeks and one day old, he was still the best pick.

He died a few years ago at age 14, and was the best fishing buddy I ever had...I hope very much for a repeat performance!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#594718 - 04/14/10 01:51 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Todd]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Originally Posted By: Todd
My last pooch...I picked him out when he was three days old, but had dibs on two others, just in case...when they were eight weeks and one day old, he was still the best pick.

He died a few years ago at age 14, and was the best fishing buddy I ever had...I hope very much for a repeat performance!

Fish on...

Todd

Very cool. I am working towards sharing our home with another of these great guys.

#594720 - 04/14/10 02:36 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Doctor Rick]
meat hunter Offline
Fry

Loc: edgewood
i've got a cholate,yellow,black,and silver lab's. love all four of my fishing buddies. everytime i go fishing they proudly raise there heads while running the river's in the sled. God love man's best friend.

#594740 - 04/14/10 09:21 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: meat hunter]
Smalma Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Marysville
I have been owned by 3 labs (Sky, Hunter and Sauk). They all were yellows and all were great fishing and hunting buddies with different personality quirks!

Don't worry Dave labs are very adept at the training game and will quickly have you appropriately trained!

Have fun; looking forward to the sure to come pictoral display of the pup's (and old frat) growth and shared fishing experiences.

Curt

#594741 - 04/14/10 09:49 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Smalma]
TJN Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tulalip, Wa
Dave, you are killing me.

I have a lab at the other end of that spectrum... Trying to keep her comfortable...

Those pups are beautiful!

#594744 - 04/14/10 09:58 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: TJN]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Dave after losing one this winter those pics make me want to get another one to teach me how to pick up and chase after it.

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#594749 - 04/14/10 10:16 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: TJN]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Originally Posted By: TJN
Dave, you are killing me.

I have a lab at the other end of that spectrum... Trying to keep her comfortable...

Those pups are beautiful!

Really sorry. My last dog almost tore my heart out when he died. it's been four years. I still miss him, but he will live forever as part of my passwords

#594757 - 04/14/10 10:41 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Dave Vedder]
Phil Maraude Offline
Fluffer

Loc: Port Angeles Wa.
i have a lab/akita mix that is an awesome fishing partner.
and my siberian husky some how is becoming a decent fishing partner... kinda not the breed for it.

http://wfoworms.com
http://www.rvrfshr.com
http://www.batsonenterprises.com/

#594761 - 04/14/10 10:53 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: ]
Mikespike Offline
MPD

Loc: Santa Rosa, CA
my first lab was black, he went to the happy hunting grounds 10 years ago. it has been almost one year since my other fishing partner went there as well - she was a black lab mix. they both would bark at fish i was playing and would wade in to try to catch the fish when i had worked them to shore. dogs are priceless friends! oh, and once you go black, you never go back. wink grin

"Holy hell son, you're about as useful as a cock flavored lollipop."

#594763 - 04/14/10 10:54 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Dave Vedder]
browndog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Coast Range OR.
Lab's kick butt,Mine bring me great joy every day.

Hope the same for you.

When do the group training session's start.

#594765 - 04/14/10 10:55 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: ]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
Had one of each of those that made it 14+ years. Great dogs,....miss em' both.

#594767 - 04/14/10 10:57 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Dave Vedder]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: Smalma
I have been owned by 3 labs (Sky, Hunter and Sauk).

I hope you don't mind, Curt, but "Sauk" is on the short list of names for me...

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder

I still miss him, but he will live forever as part of my passwords

Funny you should say that, but my old dog's name is in many of may passwords, too!

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#594777 - 04/14/10 11:15 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Todd]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Great pics! Looking forward to it!!!!!

#594784 - 04/14/10 11:49 AM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: snit]
Driftin' Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Offshore
Looks like you're in love Dave....

Had a great Chesapeake Bay for 14 years. Broke my heart too when his body gave out on him after so many waterfowl seasons. Now I have a female pit rescue (someone did the Michael Vick thing with her). I'll get adopted by another retriever some day....

Probably preaching to the choir, but I learned about field trial training and general obedience training from the Chesapeake's breeder who was national class in field trial and also my hunting buddy. I also found Richard Wolters' "Game Dog" DVDs to be very good. Since the pit came into our lives, I've also found anything from Cesar Millan's Dog Whisperer series to put many things into perspective from the dog's view.

Looking forward to your forthcoming stories and pixels....

#594806 - 04/14/10 12:42 PM Re: First Pictures of My New Fishing Buddy [Re: Driftin']
SKYSTEELHEAD Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Right on, Dave!
Them pups are so dang cute... wish I could take one home... smile
You'll have to bring your new fishin buddy along next time we go clam diggin. thumbs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (eddie, wolverine, Carcassman), 1010 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645357 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |