THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#544140 - 10/07/09 06:14 PM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: team cracker]
Waterboy Offline
Returning Adult

I was on the samish today above the chuckanut road bridge. All the kings in there are very dark (I was not fishing). I saw a guy with a handful of rocks and a club walking up the river chasing kings! I can see it now, "So easy a caveman can do it!" smile

The lower samish access next year will be by permit only is the rumor I heard. Think you have to purchase the permits also. I have no idea how the landowner is going to enforce that.

It is really sad what that river brings out in people.

#544335 - 10/08/09 02:42 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: team cracker]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

As of a few weeks ago it is going to Permit only on the bottom for next year. I'm not sure how they will be doing it either. The big question is what will the upriver landowners do who closed their property this year. WIll they open it or keep it closed.

It still blows my mind the pigs that use our rivers. A few weeks ago I picked up litter in the parking area the landowner allows us to use on the lower Samish. I say litter because I only found a few pieces of paper etc. That is until I got to the toilet paper & sh.. that some pig left. They put multiple Porta Potties in there for a reason.

Things like that are why it is going to Permit & why other areas are being shut down. Personally I hope they do charge and limit and regulate the amount of people who go in there.

That fishery is done for the year. NEXT!!!

#608236 - 06/29/10 12:08 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: Blu13]
stickfisher Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Any update as to what pieces of land will be open and how the permits will work?

#608250 - 06/29/10 01:12 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: ]
Bantam Offline
Skytucky Redneck

those of you that fish it can have it... i quit going to that BS fishery years ago and will never go up there for that king fishery every again...

#608261 - 06/29/10 02:27 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: Bantam]
stickfisher Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Bellingham, WA
Originally Posted By: Bantam
those of you that fish it can have it... i quit going to that BS fishery years ago and will never go up there for that king fishery every again...

I've never fished it, but I appreciate your contribution and judgement all the same. I hear it can be a total $hit show on a weekend, but tolerable midweek. To each his own, I guess. You've got to earn your stripes somehow.

#608268 - 06/29/10 09:47 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: stickfisher]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
I hope you called the cops when you saw the knuckle dragger harassing those fish as that is a pretty hefty fine.

I have seen pigs fishing from the bank and out of very expensive boats and it all disgusts me.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#608269 - 06/29/10 10:44 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
ShimanoMan Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Lacey, WA
Major changes to the Skok regs this year but it's not going to work. This fishery brings out every digenerate in the state, easy access to the river and the fish. When you have to post rules to pick up after yourself and add a human wate management section on specific rivers I'll go fish somewhere else.

SKOKOMISH RIVER (Mason Co.) from
mouth to Hwy. 106 Bridge
(834)
ALL SPECIES - Aug. 1-Nov. 30: night closure, anti-snagging rule, and single-point barbless hooks required.
Aug. 1-Dec. 15: terminal gear (hooks, weights, lures, or baits) and line must not be within 25' of tribal gillnets.
We each must clean up after ourselves and pets. Refer to Human and Pet Waste Advisory (page 18).
All Game Fish First Sat. in June-July 31 Catch-and-release.
All Game Fish Oct. 1-Dec. 15 Catch-and-release.
SALMON Aug. 1-Sept. 30 Min. size 12". Daily limit 2. Release CHUM and wild CHINOOK. Only
fish hooked inside the mouth may be retained. Anglers must retain the
first 2 SALMON, if legal to do so, and stop fishing.

Note: You can only retain fish hooked inside the mouth, isn't that what your supposed to do!

End of Rant...............

#608271 - 06/29/10 11:24 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: ShimanoMan]
tailout terror
Unregistered

Are coho closed after October 1?

#608272 - 06/29/10 11:25 AM Re: Samish River. Has It Finally Happened? [Re: ]
Chum Man Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Yelmish
nah, just left off the later salmon regs. should be business as usual.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |