THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#606720 - 06/21/10 04:01 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: OldRedSled]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: OldRedSled

now please tell my why i am stupid..

your not stupid, the ones that are stupid are the ones wanting the commercial gillnetters to change to a selective method so they can take more fish.

#606734 - 06/21/10 05:10 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Boater, how many fish did you catch between 1974-2001 in the Columbia?

#606738 - 06/21/10 05:43 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Fast and Furious]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer

what kind of oil do you use in your lawn mower ?

#606741 - 06/21/10 06:51 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: boater]
Salmo g. Online   content
River Nutrients

Aside from the never-ending pissing match that accompanies LCR topics, the state is spending Mitchell Act funds to study purse seines, beach seines, and fish traps on the LCR. Yet the very best and biologically most beneficial to the fish species and to superior fisheries management would be to harvest excess hatchery salmon from fish traps that could be retrofitted to the Bonneville Dam fish ladders. BPA would likely fund that modification in a heartbeat to improve the management and conservation of ESA listed salmon and steelhead. And ODFW and WDFW aren't investigating this alternative because why?

Sg

#606744 - 06/21/10 07:00 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Salmo g.]
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

Quote:
And ODFW and WDFW aren't investigating this alternative because why?

....because it would upset the commercials "way of life". You know; "It's our heritage and the way my grandpappy and his pops used to do it" crap.

That, and the commercial lobby still has enough influence to convince the legislature to believe said crap.

#606746 - 06/21/10 07:05 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Eric]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Define surplus.

Then see if the up river tribes and the state of Idaho agree.

#606747 - 06/21/10 07:09 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: boater]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: boater

That's ranked in the top 5 all time Zinggggg's..........

Keith rofl rofl rofl

#606749 - 06/21/10 07:13 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Salmo g.]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Aside from the never-ending pissing match that accompanies LCR topics, the state is spending Mitchell Act funds to study purse seines, beach seines, and fish traps on the LCR. Yet the very best and biologically most beneficial to the fish species and to superior fisheries management would be to harvest excess hatchery salmon from fish traps that could be retrofitted to the Bonneville Dam fish ladders. BPA would likely fund that modification in a heartbeat to improve the management and conservation of ESA listed salmon and steelhead. And ODFW and WDFW aren't investigating this alternative because why?

Sg

My feeling on it....

It would just make too much sense.....

Keith thumbs

#606753 - 06/21/10 07:26 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: stlhdr1]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
I was up at McNary a few years back and I was talking to a tribal member about a little flag he had on his boat. He said it was so BPA security could identify him, I asked him would they shoot at you if you forgot or lost it. He said he didn't think so because they know they would shoot back, so my guess is they just don't want to..

There's a sucker born every minute

#606763 - 06/21/10 08:30 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Salmo g.]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.

Sg

They say what goes around comes around.

The fish traps in 1930’s were kicked out without restitution. Start the dam traps and kick the nets off the river without restitution.
Cowboys and tribes split the catch, keeping hatchery fish off spawning grounds and boater can catch all the fish he wants before the traps.

I’ll make an exception to my thoughts on socialization when given WA & OR F&W the cowboy share for their use and general funds.

The studies showing the sport $$ overwhelming commercial$$ would also come into play in what could be a world class destination Chinook fishery, bringing in needed tax dollars from tourism.

It’s all good except for the commercials. But since they back stabbed the traps and sports fishermen back and since the 1930’s --- WHO CARES.

Edited by Lucky Louie (06/21/10 10:10 PM)

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#606785 - 06/21/10 10:30 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: boater]
billjr64 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: SW WA.
Originally Posted By: boater

HAHAHAHA. Too funny boater. Keep up the good work. These guys want to end all hatchery fish output and we`re getting the word out that that would end sport fishing. Funny how people on these fishing sites can applaud these guys, if they only could realize they`re digging their own graves maybe they`d give them the one finger salute instead. Bill

#606795 - 06/21/10 11:01 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: billjr64]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: billjr64

Funny how people on these fishing sites can applaud these guys, if they only could realize they`re digging their own graves maybe they`d give them the one finger salute instead. Bill

i dont know whats so hard to understand about what the game departments are trying to do, if they are successful with a new selective method for commercial fisherman it will have a negative effect on sports fishing, whats so hard to understand about that ??.

#606804 - 06/21/10 11:39 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: boater]
billjr64 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Unfortunately it`s not just the new {outlawed} selective commercial fisheries. Hatcheries are being assaulted on all sides. From reform that basically means minimal plants to out right closures. My favorite stream had a weir put in at the mouth this past winter. Wondered where all the fish went, even the coho weren`t there, then I fished down to the mouth after 4-5 trips without success. Weir was stopping ALL fish migration. I guess they were passing the natives as I caught a few upriver. Real shock though to see NO christmas coho where before there were many. ALOT fewer native steelhead too, wonder if the weir at the mouth made them change there minds. Heard of a few more of these weirs in local streams near the mouths. Has our fish and wildlife people gone crazy? They`re about to bite the hand that feeds them and they have no clue as to the consequences. Bill

#606817 - 06/22/10 01:11 AM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: billjr64]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Your favorite river is the Grays. It was fun reading your meltdown. Im sure the loss of your support will crush them. rofl

http://wdfw.wa.gov/do/newreal/release.php?id=nov0609a

http://wdfw.wa.gov/cgi-bin/database/sasi...h&wria=wria

#606836 - 06/22/10 08:51 AM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Fast and Furious]
billjr64 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Your favorite river is the Grays. It was fun reading your meltdown. Im sure the loss of your support will crush them. rofl

No LB it was not the Grays. Good guess though for a ------. LMAO

#606837 - 06/22/10 08:57 AM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Fast and Furious]
billjr64 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

You know I was going to leave it at that but, YOU REALLY THINK THAT`S FUNNY LB? SHOWS EVERYONE YOUR TRUE INTENT. ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEFRIENDED THIS TRE ARROW SUPPORTER KNOW THAT WHEN YOUR FISHING SPOT IS SHUT DOWN, THIS ANUS WILL BE LAUGHING AS HIS AGENDA HAS BEEN MET. Bill

#606877 - 06/22/10 12:02 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: SBD]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: SBD
The HSRG has used these products to review and provide recommendations for state, tribal and federal hatchery programs; first in Puget Sound and coastal Washington (2001–05) and now in the Columbia River Basin (2006–08). The HSRG’s specific recommendations are not presented as the only possible solution, but rather as a clear demonstration that current hatchery programs can be redirected to better meet both conservation and harvest goals.

Just reading the report Aunty, I didn't write it! beer

I had a chance to talk to Oregon's leading Gubernatorial candidate, and he's a firm supporter of SAFE For Salmon Plan.

#606894 - 06/22/10 01:00 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: billjr64]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

[/quote]
You know I was going to leave it at that but, YOU REALLY THINK THAT`S FUNNY LB? SHOWS EVERYONE YOUR TRUE INTENT. ALL THOSE WHO HAVE BEFRIENDED THIS TRE ARROW SUPPORTER KNOW THAT WHEN YOUR FISHING SPOT IS SHUT DOWN, THIS ANUS WILL BE LAUGHING AS HIS AGENDA HAS BEEN MET. Bill [/quote]

Bill, you're scaring the dogs. Don't hurt them, you need them to warn you of the black helicopters.

#606911 - 06/22/10 01:39 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Bill, disregard virtually all that LB has to say...he's expressed an utter inability to grasp anything involving fish management beyond "send $25 to Texas"...start talking actual management activities and he gets lost before the first sentence is over.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#606915 - 06/22/10 01:54 PM Re: State to test gillnet alternatives on Columbia Riv [Re: Todd]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Bill, pay no attention to Todd. He's just looking for friends with benefits.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., wolverine), 1097 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |