Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#609961 - 07/09/10 09:55 AM Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
An unidentified flying object (UFO) disrupted air traffic over Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou late on Wednesday, the municipal government said on Thursday.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/90872/7058628.html

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#609994 - 07/09/10 02:10 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering [Re: Phoenix77]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Interesting Read. I don't buy that all of these are the results of swamp gas and pie plates.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#609996 - 07/09/10 02:22 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering [Re: John Lee Hookum]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
one of these days

#610000 - 07/09/10 02:49 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering [Re: Achewter]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
Originally Posted By: Achewter
one of these days

Werner Von Braun was once quoted in his later years as saying "one of these days" a false alien disclosure would be used to justify the weaponization of space.

What we need that for and why someone would go to all that trouble for space weapons is beyond me.

A thought provoking quote I once saw on a poster in astronomy class in college said;

"There is either life in the universe beyond planet earth or there is not. Either idea is completely unbelievable."

#610014 - 07/09/10 04:25 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: ]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Add to that the fact that the known Universe is governed by the same physical laws everywhere... and you can see why the odds against us being contacted by another life form are so great.

In order for another civilization to have conquered the barrier of the speed of light... they would have to be orders of magnitude more technologically advanced than we are. And as such... it is HIGHLY unlikely that they are travelin' around the cosmos in flying saucers.

#610018 - 07/09/10 04:41 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering [Re: ]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Buckminster Fuller has a quote that used to be my sig line......... 'either way the thought is staggering' is the last part of it. Life exists outside of this planet, of that there is no doubt. The nature of that life is the question that remains to be answered.

That's what the end of it was, my mistake. In my eyes the nature of the life would not be any different than the life that exists here. Both benevolent and malevolent forces existing in the same time and space.

Salty,

There are many existing and emerging theories that could prove our previous ideas of space, time, and distance completely obsolete.

Telsa's theories about resonant frequencies. String theory calculations tying quantum physics and relativity together use as many a 22 dimensions, most recent and credible calculations use 11 dimensions I believe. Extra dimensions answer the quantum level question of why electrons can appear to be many places and no where at the same time. Einstein's theories of worm holes bending time and space. All of these would prove we do not need to travel any distance at the speed of light to travel from one end of the universe to the other almost instantly.

Edited by StinkingWaters (07/09/10 04:46 PM)

#610020 - 07/09/10 04:54 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
I think it's fitting that humans are so +&%!!ing stupid and narcissistic that they believe beings capable of intergalactic travel would waste time on our stupid asses and our polluted little speck of a planet.

It's as retarded as the concept of time travel. If it was possible, someone would have came and told us about it thousands of years ago.

#610024 - 07/09/10 05:07 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hovering [Re: Irie]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Irie
I think it's fitting that humans are so +&%!!ing stupid and narcissistic that they believe beings capable of intergalactic travel would waste time on our stupid asses and our polluted little speck of a planet.

It's as retarded as the concept of time travel. If it was possible, someone would have came and told us about it thousands of years ago.

If you hate it so much feel free to check yourself out thumbs

#610047 - 07/09/10 07:29 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: StinkingWaters]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

That was my point Stink. doh

An advanced civilization, capable of using worm holes or other physical dimensions for interstellar travel wouldn't be gettin' here in flyin' saucers. thumbs

#610049 - 07/09/10 07:33 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: 4Salt]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Well then,.......what would they be using to get here?

#610062 - 07/09/10 08:29 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: StinkingWaters]
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Why... a transporter of course! doh moon

#610098 - 07/10/10 12:50 AM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
he real question is why the hell would they bother coming here ? I mean, certainly there must be a better world somewhere....

That was my point.

But I'm starting to think it's because StinkingFingers likes him some Anal Probes and dem-dar aliens like it when they cooperate.

#610139 - 07/10/10 12:29 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: ]
Phoenix77 Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Kent, WA
I tend to agree with you and the Professor. My thinking is, if the aliens are far advanced scientifically, they are most probably bellicose in nature. Few scientific advances are made during peace time. These advances may be perfected during peaceful times but seldom initiated. Self-preservation is a powerful motivation.

If you must burn our flag, Please! wrap yourself in it.
Puget Sound Anglers, So. King Co.
CCA SeaTac Chapter

I love my country but fear my government

#610157 - 07/10/10 01:52 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: ]
Tim M. Offline
Parr

Loc: UNIVERSITY PLACE,WA
Watch the old "Twilight Zone" episode "To serve Man".It was always one of my favorites.

#610195 - 07/10/10 07:31 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: Tim M.]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Maybe they think were screwed as a planet and want to grab a couple more specimens for there zoo's before its to late?

There's a sucker born every minute

#610270 - 07/11/10 09:41 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: SBD]
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#610393 - 07/12/10 06:01 PM Re: Flights diverted, delayed as UFO detected hove [Re: John Lee Hookum]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Thats pretty wild almost looks like a double decker bus, still think there down to just needing a couple of panda's. They have taken enough steelhead already.. rofl

There's a sucker born every minute

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |