THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#615334 - 08/09/10 04:59 PM Is there anything a lab won't eat?
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Tye has the shaits today. A little detective work revealed he's been eating lots of both ripe and unripe blueberries off my bushes. So far he has eaten horse poop, grass, a very dead frog, a butterfly, a bee, lettuce, and a variety of other treasures. The only thing he has ever spit out was an onion, but he tasted it three times before giving up on it. Last week he herked up a bone about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.

#615342 - 08/09/10 05:22 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Dave Vedder]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Cedar likes chicken, turkey, and pheasant poop, along with kitty almond roca.

Let him lick your face. I dare you.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#615348 - 08/09/10 05:33 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Dogfish]
SKYSTEELHEAD Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Hey Dave,
Sounds like Tye has a healthy appetite...
Do you think Tye would eat clams, oysters and geoducks? smile

#615354 - 08/09/10 06:13 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: SKYSTEELHEAD]
Happy Birthday Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Mine is currently pluged up on rocks.... again...

Last time cost me almost $2k in surgery. Not really in a position to keep doing that.

Hope they (the rocks) pass...

#615358 - 08/09/10 06:17 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Twitch]
deerlick Offline
Spawner

Loc: around
Just wait til he shits cherrys

#615360 - 08/09/10 06:24 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Dave Vedder]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett
Watch the onions,they're toxic to dogs.

#615362 - 08/09/10 06:27 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: SundayMoney]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
My sister's lab ate some rope. Needed some assistance on the other end. At least there was something solid to hold onto.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#615384 - 08/09/10 08:44 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Dogfish]
fish monger Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Dogs LOVE sh!t.

My buddy and his dad were duck hunting way down on the wasteway several years ago. As they were getting ready to pack up, my buddy had to head back into the bushes to take care of number 2. Afterwards, as they continued packing their gear, the dog disappeared into the brush for a while. A few minutes later, out comes the dog, walking real slow and looking pretty green. They had a pretty good idea of what happened, and a quick trip back to where my buddy was earlier confirmed what the dog had eaten. Disgusted, they get all the decoys and the rest of the gear loaded into the boat, and just as they begin motoring back up, the dog throws up....in the boat. sick And of course nothing to hose the boat out with down there. Said it was the longest boat ride ever.

Lesson learned. If for any other reason then it being disgusting to see...save yourself AND your dog a lot of grief and make sure your man poo pile is buried well.

#615421 - 08/10/10 12:14 AM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: fish monger]
Fog Ducker Offline
Juvenile at Sea

My last Chess ate all the downed peaches off the tree, passin' the seeds made him quiver.

Ducker!

#615485 - 08/10/10 10:57 AM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Dogfish]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
My sister's lab ate some rope. Needed some assistance on the other end. At least there was something solid to hold onto.

My lab ate his blanket.......thankfully there was enough sticking out I could use my foot to hold it with.

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#615493 - 08/10/10 11:41 AM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: NOFISH]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Obviously, if you can, keep an eye on them enough to know when they are getting into stuff and keep all potential items in the house out of range. Bones scare me the most because dogs find them in a hurry and they are readily available in most camping settings.

My friends just told me a story of their friend's dog that was a panty-eater. 4 different surgeries to remove panties. The 5th time killed the dog. frown You'd think the dog (or at least the owners!) would have learned.

Worst thing my old dog ate was a full bar of ivory soap (and surrounding items) that was along the bank of the Nooksack River. Puked it up in the back of the car on the way home and I nearly drove off the road attempting to hold down my vomit from the smell.

The new dog has a thing with socks. I'm having to be really careful.

#615523 - 08/10/10 02:06 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Dave Vedder]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

A good cure for the squirts is 100% canned pumpkin. A couple spoonfuls a day will help get rid of the problem.

#615574 - 08/10/10 05:28 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: SundayMoney]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: SundayMoney
A good cure for the squirts is 100% canned pumpkin. A couple spoonfuls a day will help get rid of the problem.

rofl rofl rofl
Yeah, run with that one wink

Damn Stam!

#615639 - 08/10/10 10:38 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: NOFISH]
SundayMoney Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Originally Posted By: SundayMoney

rofl rofl rofl
Yeah, run with that one wink

You're probably right. I'm sure a million breeders and vets have no idea WTF they're talking about.

#615657 - 08/11/10 01:18 AM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: SundayMoney]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
It works, I have used it several times.

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#615717 - 08/11/10 02:02 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: FishRanger]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

I've heard of vets prescribing it for constipation, not for the squirts..........wife got tired of neighbor's dogs crappin in her roses, stuck a can-o-pumpkin out there, and the next day the neighbor was hosing off their bed quilts in the yard...

So, maybe squirtin more is the solution for the squirts rofl

Damn Stam!

#615740 - 08/11/10 05:01 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: NOFISH]
floatinghat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Seattle
I took Bella for a walk on the beach yesterday, she started munch a salmon head. She stopped after I told her to leave it, later she found a bullhead head, story repeats....

Squirts, brown rice...

Something she won't eat, haven't found it.

#615762 - 08/11/10 06:58 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: floatinghat]
hybridcx Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: sequim, Wa
yeah my chocolate has passed some wiered things best probably was a whole safeway sack and it had a stick in it too when it finaly came out....

#615831 - 08/12/10 03:13 AM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: ]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
that ought to do it for this thread

#616263 - 08/14/10 02:08 PM Re: Is there anything a lab won't eat? [Re: Achewter]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
Can't stop now.
Old dog loved crayons and play dough when my boy was young. Made for nice looking poop. She also loved to roll in dead stuff. The worst was a dead seal while we were duck hunting up in Skagit Bay. She stank for a week even with daily baths.
Dog before that one ate a D sized battery amongst other things.
New dog ( 2 years) eats nothing but his food. Ok not true he's a salmon eater and roller.
ok time to fish.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1004 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |