THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 29 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#616476 - 08/16/10 03:00 AM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Illahee]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: freespool
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
[quote

SO don't preach to me about the habitat factor, its smoke up my ass... Although it has some merit, it's very little.

Keith

So your saying that hundreds of stock assessments by state and federal fisheries biologist that say the leading factors for recovery are habitat related issues are all full of crap?
It just strikes me as odd that your solutions don't seem to show up on any scientific radar screens.
What makes you right and them wrong?

140 years of commercial harvest bias? Its not us, Its not us.
Ask any hatchery bio if he happy about the hatchery reductions. Its the very reason the commercial are paying for hatchery fish.
That leaves Dams and various issues like culverts and errosion

Blame is not the same as evidence. 4 Hs seals, birds, pollution, nutrients, biomass

When a tire goes flat, it could be the tire delamination, holes, valve, stem or a bad rim, or your neighbor. Some want to stand around and blame the bottom half of the tire.

As much as we fight about it, we seem to be the only user group willing to tackle all of the evidence. Three years after I woke up, people are still fighting over which is worse and which to fix first. When you realize that no organization is going to solve all of the issues at the same time, you may find some inner peace and work on the issues that interest you.

#616494 - 08/16/10 10:58 AM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Fast and Furious]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Remember that the factor of "making escapement" is directly tied to the habitat productivity of the system...

"Escapement" numbers are based on the carrying capacity of the stream, the carrying capacity is based on the habitat.

A river "making escapement" right now might still only be producing 5% of the fish it produced historically before overfishing and massive habitat loss...and if habitat were significantly improved on a river, then by all rights the escapement goal should go up, too, along with the actual escapement.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#616503 - 08/16/10 11:30 AM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Todd]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Guess my point with the salmonberry clip is would it make more sense to close and protect small area's like the Nehalem to any type of fishing.Than trying to fix the whole PNW at one time, of course Manzanita has some of the most expensive property on the Coast and I'm sure the deep pocketed home owners would say Flock that and its the tribal gillnets up there that are the real problem not us.

There's a sucker born every minute

#616511 - 08/16/10 12:04 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: SBD]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: SBD
Guess my point with the salmonberry clip is would it make more sense to close and protect small area's like the Nehalem to any type of fishing.Than trying to fix the whole PNW at one time, of course Manzanita has some of the most expensive property on the Coast and I'm sure the deep pocketed home owners would say Flock that and its the tribal gillnets up there that are the real problem not us.

For the sake of discussion, I personally think smaller tribs like that should be closed off to fishing. More than not, those areas are spawning grounds. It's similar to Rock Creek and Copper Creek on the EF of the Lewis. It's where a fair % of the big winter nates go to spawn. They'll hang in the EF until they're ready or until there's a good rain storm to allow easy passage in the creeks. Although the Salmonberry is a tid-bit bigger, it's known for great spawning grounds for the big natives too....

On another note, I personally think some of the deadlines on the tribs in SW WA should be moved down river from Jan 1st through April 31st. Even though most SW WA tribs have lower river spawners in will decrease the handling of these fish.

Keith

#616517 - 08/16/10 12:20 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: SBD]
N W Panhandler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Bremerton, Wa.
Somewhere here in this thread, someone said that the best steelhead rivers left, had a lot of fish surviving to make a second and third spawning run. The tribal nets catch fish going up and back down the rivers. Now if we could put weirs on those rivers and traps, our native counterparts could just take half the fish out of the traps and pass on the other half up river, remember 50% right. Oh yeah, if they wanted to show us what great conservationists they are, maybe pass more natives up river to help build the run back. This would work on the penninsula rivers as we are very constrained about how many natives we are allowed, while they have a wide open gill net fishery. I might point out that if the weirs were set low in the river, the native fishery would be guaranteed their 50%. In other words without tribal help and cooperation on the penninsula, restoring steelhead is just a frustrating dream. Without fish, habitat and all the other problems if solved would do nothing to bring back the fish.

Edited by N W Panhandler (08/16/10 12:22 PM)
Edit Reason: add to

#616520 - 08/16/10 12:29 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: N W Panhandler]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
Hate to say it but when your to the point of trying to separate the hatchs from the high finners you might be years to late.. beer

There's a sucker born every minute

#616521 - 08/16/10 12:32 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Curtailment of harvest hasn't recovered the steelhead, in spite of over 25 years of "NO FISHING", yet we have dimbulbs saying that is what we need to do to recover dwindling stocks.

#616524 - 08/16/10 01:05 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Curtailment of harvest hasn't recovered the steelhead, in spite of over 25 years of "NO FISHING", yet we have dimbulbs saying that is what we need to do to recover dwindling stocks.

You never answered the question about "your" favorite southern Oregon rivers... What's the last time they netted them??

Keith thumbs

#616525 - 08/16/10 01:10 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Let's talk the Kenai for a second...........

Why are their king runs crashing?

Water quality suck?

Does the river lack stream complexity?

Does the river lack woody debris?

Poor estuary habitat?

Help me understand why the Kenai's kings would be crashing..... Then when you finish explaining the Kenai, explain the Skeena/Babine/Kispiox and why their steelhead returns aren't what they used to be....

Is there a better example of a pristine watershed than the Skeena?

Keith

#616526 - 08/16/10 01:10 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Lucky Louie]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie

Other than a gut feeling, can you show any data that shows where this is really a factor.

History .

Fishing was in full swing in the 1800's on the CR in the NW territories. Before the time WA entered into the union there was already cries of more fish being caught than could be replenished from spawning grounds. WA became a state in 1889. The beginning of building of hatcheries to supplement the runs occurred before 1900.

The CR fish were only intercepted terminally, with no dams, plenty of habitat ,water quality, no urban sprawl.

I'm not here to dismiss your top 5 list would be nice to see again, but the documented tonnage taken from the CR was over fishing according to the people of that time and also F&W starting 1889 and supplemented with hatchery fish.

Continuing on…

A few cut and pastes from history pages;

“In the mid-1800s, stocks of salmon on the Columbia River began to diminish quickly. Scientists advocated a hatchery program in the 1870s,
Canneries
Fresh, salted, dried, and smoked—these were the options for preserving and eating salmon before the spread of canning technology in the mid-1800s. William Hume, his brother George, and their friend Andrew Hapgood established the first cannery on the Columbia River in 1866.
Other companies followed, as did fishermen, laborers, and merchants. By 1883, there were 55 canneries on the Columbia, and the Pacific salmon industry was among the most valuable fisheries in the world. That year, the best ever, the canneries piled up 630,000 cases of salmon—30.2 million one-pound cans.
Other immigrants, a large percentage of them from Scandinavian countries and the Balkans, caught most of the fish processed in the canneries. Cannery owners rented small boats and nets to the fishermen. The two-man boats, powered by sail and oar, dragged long gillnets -- generally at night so the salmon wouldn't see them -- on which the salmon were caught by their gills. Historian Richard White notes that while one gillnet boat's catch was small, the fleet of nearly 2,000 boats "covered the river below Portland from May to August. Their nets formed a vast floating barrier to salmon -- 545 miles long by the late 1880s if connected and stretched end to end" (White, 40).”

Scientists advocating hatcheries in 1870's because of dwindling stocks and the largest catch was caught in 1883. Sound familiar? It sounds like overfishing to me then and similar circumstances today.

The overfished depleting CR stocks were only fished and caught in the mid 1800’s from the CR. Unlike their ancestors of today running the WA,BC and AK gauntlet before returning to the CR.

Because of this gauntlet only small percentages of PS Chinook are returning to their streams to spawn today to keep with this threads statewide concerns of CR,OP,PS and GH.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#616528 - 08/16/10 01:33 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Lucky Louie]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

OK Keith, you're on to something that could work for me. Stop planting hatchery steelhead and restrict steelhead rivers to fly fishing only. That provides "opportunity" but is equivalent to no fishing since the bug chuckers either don't catch fish or don't kill the ones they do catch. I'm willing to give that plan a try for the next 25 years.

Sg

#616529 - 08/16/10 01:35 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Salmo g.]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Here's a post I put on another board this morning...and it's easily the 20th time I've had to explain the most basic fundamentals of setting seasons on the Lower Columbia River for spring Chinook. If more sportfishermen would internalize the facts about how seasons are set, I think they would feel very differently about using commercial selective gear on the lower Columbia for spring Chinook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The take of hatchery spring Chinook in the LCR is not based on a quota of hatchery fish caught, it is based on how many hatchery fish can you catch while not exceeding your quota on allowable ESA mortalities.

Without changing the "allocation" one iota, if the commercial guys cut their mortality by 50%, they will automatically double the amount of hatchery fish they are able to harvest while killing their exact same quota of ESA fish.

This is without changing the allocation at all.

We allocation battles that take place every two years regarding the spring Chinook fishery is not a battle over hatchery fish...it's a battle over what percentage of the non-tribal 2% allowable ESA impacts gets allocated to us, or gets allocated to the commercial guys.

When we get a 60/40 split in our favor, we don't get 60% of the hatchery fish harvest...we get to use 60% of the allowable ESA impacts on the wild fish. Since our mortality is roughly 1/3 of what the commercial guys do with gillnets, we end up with a lot more than 60% of the hatchery fish...we actually get a whole lot more.

Look at it this way, for example:

The non-tribal share of ESA impacts is 2% of the wild run.

Also just for illustrative purposes, let's assume the entire run of spring Chinook is 100,000, and that 10% of them are wild fish. That means that there are 10,000 wild fish in the run, and the non-tribals altogether get to kill 200.

With the 60/40 split, that means we get to kill 120, and the commercial guys get to kill 80.

To kill our 120 wild fish, with a 10% mortality on released wild fish, that means we have to encounter 1200 wild fish. To do that, we'd at the same time encounter (harvest) 12,000 hatchery fish.

That's our take of hatchery fish, 12K.

For the commercial guys to kill their 80 wild fish, with a 33% mortality, they will encounter 240 wild fish. That works out to harvesting 2,400 hatchery fish.

There is only one variable that is different between the two groups...release mortality on wild fish.

If the commercial guys drop their mortality down to 5%, they now would have to encounter 1600 wild fish to hit their limit...that's their mortality rate multiplied by encounters...to kill their 80 ESA springers.

1600 wild fish encounters comes with 16,000 hatchery fish encounters, i.e., 16,000 fish in the totes.

With absolutely no change whatsoever in the quotas or allocations, they have just increased their harvest of hatchery fish by 667%.

This happens downstream from you, you who already complain bitterly about how bad fishing is behind gillnets...think it's bad now, wait until they catch almost seven times as many hatchery fish before you even get to fish for them.

As I've pointed out dozens of times, this is with NO change in the allocation.

If the allocation were changed to 50/50 on the allowable impacts, or worse, then just plug the numbers into the formula and you will see just how much worse it gets, and fast.

There are undeniable benefits to wild steelhead, and probably to sturgeon, too, if they are able to reduce their mortality to 5%...without a doubt.

If the people supporting this change said "we know this will screw spring Chinook fishing badly, but we think it's worth it to save the steelhead and sturgeon that die in gillnets", then they'd be honest about the effects of this change, and then we could all decide if we want to support this or not.

However, mainly due to ignorance about how LCR seasons are set (based on allowable ESA impacts, not hatchery fish quotas), many supporters of this think that the commercial guys will catch the same amount of hatchery fish, far less wild fish, and everything will be super duper...but they'd be very, very mistaken if they believe this.

Others suggest that the DFW's will somehow magically change the allowable ESA impacts...which is naiive for two reasons. First, they're set by the feds, and not by the States, and the States are always trying to get the allowable impacts raised, not lowered, to provide better access to hatchery fish. It's not a state issue.

Second, even if the allowable impacts were lowered, then they lower for everyone...it would just reduce the total catch for everybody, not just the commercial fleet.

The most important take home message from this is: harvest rates on hatchery fish in the LCR spring Chinook fishery are not based on how many hatchery fish you catch, they are based on how many ESA fish you are allowed to kill in your fishery. The lower your mortality rate, the more hatchery fish you get to catch. The same amount of wild fish die, but as you lower your mortality rate, your hatchery harvest rate goes up.

Fish on...

Todd

#616534 - 08/16/10 01:56 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Salmo g.]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
OK Keith, you're on to something that could work for me. Stop planting hatchery steelhead and restrict steelhead rivers to fly fishing only. That provides "opportunity" but is equivalent to no fishing since the bug chuckers either don't catch fish or don't kill the ones they do catch. I'm willing to give that plan a try for the next 25 years.

Sg

There was some sarcasm in that post of mine, I've got some bug chucking buddies and I've even closet chucked a bug or two thumbs.... The right bug chuckers certainly can hammer out some #'s of steelhead, I've witnessed it.... moose

Keith beer

#616535 - 08/16/10 02:00 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: stlhdr1]
Driftfishnw Offline
Steelhead Hitman

#616536 - 08/16/10 02:02 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Todd]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Todd
Here's a post I put on another board this morning...and it's easily the 20th time I've had to explain the most basic fundamentals of setting seasons on the Lower Columbia River for spring Chinook. If more sportfishermen would internalize the facts about how seasons are set, I think they would feel very differently about using commercial selective gear on the lower Columbia for spring Chinook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The take of hatchery spring Chinook in the LCR is not based on a quota of hatchery fish caught, it is based on how many hatchery fish can you catch while not exceeding your quota on allowable ESA mortalities.

Without changing the "allocation" one iota, if the commercial guys cut their mortality by 50%, they will automatically double the amount of hatchery fish they are able to harvest while killing their exact same quota of ESA fish.

This is without changing the allocation at all.

We allocation battles that take place every two years regarding the spring Chinook fishery is not a battle over hatchery fish...it's a battle over what percentage of the non-tribal 2% allowable ESA impacts gets allocated to us, or gets allocated to the commercial guys.

When we get a 60/40 split in our favor, we don't get 60% of the hatchery fish harvest...we get to use 60% of the allowable ESA impacts on the wild fish. Since our mortality is roughly 1/3 of what the commercial guys do with gillnets, we end up with a lot more than 60% of the hatchery fish...we actually get a whole lot more.

Look at it this way, for example:

The non-tribal share of ESA impacts is 2% of the wild run.

Also just for illustrative purposes, let's assume the entire run of spring Chinook is 100,000, and that 10% of them are wild fish. That means that there are 10,000 wild fish in the run, and the non-tribals altogether get to kill 200.

With the 60/40 split, that means we get to kill 120, and the commercial guys get to kill 80.

To kill our 120 wild fish, with a 10% mortality on released wild fish, that means we have to encounter 1200 wild fish. To do that, we'd at the same time encounter (harvest) 12,000 hatchery fish.

That's our take of hatchery fish, 12K.

For the commercial guys to kill their 80 wild fish, with a 33% mortality, they will encounter 240 wild fish. That works out to harvesting 2,400 hatchery fish.

There is only one variable that is different between the two groups...release mortality on wild fish.

If the commercial guys drop their mortality down to 5%, they now would have to encounter 1600 wild fish to hit their limit...that's their mortality rate multiplied by encounters...to kill their 80 ESA springers.

1600 wild fish encounters comes with 16,000 hatchery fish encounters, i.e., 16,000 fish in the totes.

With absolutely no change whatsoever in the quotas or allocations, they have just increased their harvest of hatchery fish by 667%.

This happens downstream from you, you who already complain bitterly about how bad fishing is behind gillnets...think it's bad now, wait until they catch almost seven times as many hatchery fish before you even get to fish for them.

As I've pointed out dozens of times, this is with NO change in the allocation.

If the allocation were changed to 50/50 on the allowable impacts, or worse, then just plug the numbers into the formula and you will see just how much worse it gets, and fast.

There are undeniable benefits to wild steelhead, and probably to sturgeon, too, if they are able to reduce their mortality to 5%...without a doubt.

If the people supporting this change said "we know this will screw spring Chinook fishing badly, but we think it's worth it to save the steelhead and sturgeon that die in gillnets", then they'd be honest about the effects of this change, and then we could all decide if we want to support this or not.

However, mainly due to ignorance about how LCR seasons are set (based on allowable ESA impacts, not hatchery fish quotas), many supporters of this think that the commercial guys will catch the same amount of hatchery fish, far less wild fish, and everything will be super duper...but they'd be very, very mistaken if they believe this.

Others suggest that the DFW's will somehow magically change the allowable ESA impacts...which is naiive for two reasons. First, they're set by the feds, and not by the States, and the States are always trying to get the allowable impacts raised, not lowered, to provide better access to hatchery fish. It's not a state issue.

Second, even if the allowable impacts were lowered, then they lower for everyone...it would just reduce the total catch for everybody, not just the commercial fleet.

The most important take home message from this is: harvest rates on hatchery fish in the LCR spring Chinook fishery are not based on how many hatchery fish you catch, they are based on how many ESA fish you are allowed to kill in your fishery. The lower your mortality rate, the more hatchery fish you get to catch. The same amount of wild fish die, but as you lower your mortality rate, your hatchery harvest rate goes up.

Fish on...

Todd

You can't say it any better than that Todd.....

Keith thumbs

#616538 - 08/16/10 02:10 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: stlhdr1]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

I wish that everyone involved knew how seasons are set, and what changing any one of the variables does to the final numbers...but no matter how many times I explain it, there are not only many who need to be told, but many who need to be told repeatedly, and still don't get it, or even bother to try and get it...

Fish on...

Todd

#616545 - 08/16/10 02:28 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Illahee]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Like I said before, you dont live in Puget Sound. Tribes net in most of the rivers and they run gillnets or seines in the bay. I can remember back in 97 or 98. The department closed the humptulips for kings and then turned around and let the tribes net. Before we had a gamefish status for steelhead, non tribal was havesting them. Tribes came along and as soon as they fished with the force of the Boldt decision, the fishing trips to the skagit were reduced from limits to mostly skunk outings.
We didnt even have full no retention regulations in the PS rivers here until some time this last decade, so people were still catching and keeping wild steelhead. Then you have the poachers. How likely are we going to hear about steelhead bycatch if they cannot keep them? All it does for them is to light off a flare, that the dept will eventually be forced to respond to.
Its 2010 and some of these guys are still finding restaurants and grocers selling wild (hifins).

I take issue with your statement, that No FIshing has existed for 25 years, but others will have a better recall on the dates and time periods I referred to. Once again, even no fishing, isnt enough for recovery. The dimbulbs just are not going to ignore harvest issues anymore. There is a lot more at stake than your safe areas. Commercials manage to catch plenty of our fish in Ak and BC with seines, gillnets and trollers. If WE cannot show responsible harvest management, the folks that want to create Marine Reserves will have a much stronger case.

#616556 - 08/16/10 03:13 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: Lucky Louie]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Other than a gut feeling, can you show any data that shows where this is really a factor.

History .

Fishing was in full swing in the 1800's on the CR in the NW territories. Before the time WA entered into the union there was already cries of more fish being caught than could be replenished from spawning grounds. WA became a state in 1889. The beginning of building of hatcheries to supplement the runs occurred before 1900.

The CR fish were only intercepted terminally, with no dams, plenty of habitat ,water quality, no urban sprawl.

I'm not here to dismiss your top 5 list would be nice to see again, but the documented tonnage taken from the CR was over fishing according to the people of that time and also F&W starting 1889 and supplemented with hatchery fish.

Continuing on..;

A few cut and pastes from history pages;

&#147;In the mid-1800s, stocks of salmon on the Columbia River began to diminish quickly. Scientists advocated a hatchery program in the 1870s,
Canneries
Fresh, salted, dried, and smoked&#151;these were the options for preserving and eating salmon before the spread of canning technology in the mid-1800s. William Hume, his brother George, and their friend Andrew Hapgood established the first cannery on the Columbia River in 1866.
Other companies followed, as did fishermen, laborers, and merchants. By 1883, there were 55 canneries on the Columbia, and the Pacific salmon industry was among the most valuable fisheries in the world. That year, the best ever, the canneries piled up 630,000 cases of salmon&#151;30.2 million one-pound cans.
Other immigrants, a large percentage of them from Scandinavian countries and the Balkans, caught most of the fish processed in the canneries. Cannery owners rented small boats and nets to the fishermen. The two-man boats, powered by sail and oar, dragged long gillnets -- generally at night so the salmon wouldn't see them -- on which the salmon were caught by their gills. Historian Richard White notes that while one gillnet boat's catch was small, the fleet of nearly 2,000 boats "covered the river below Portland from May to August. Their nets formed a vast floating barrier to salmon -- 545 miles long by the late 1880s if connected and stretched end to end" (White, 40).&#148;

Scientists advocating hatcheries in 1870's because of dwindling stocks and the largest catch was caught in 1883. Sound familiar? It sounds like overfishing to me then and similar circumstances today.

The overfished depleting CR stocks were only fished and caught in the mid 1800&#146;s from the CR. Unlike their ancestors of today running the WA,BC and AK gauntlet before returning to the CR.

Because of this gauntlet only small percentages of PS Chinook are returning to their streams to spawn today to keep with this threads statewide concerns of CR,OP,PS and GH.

Continuing on...

The guantlet exists and here is an example from just one hatchery in PS where 89.61% of chinook where caught in BC/AK.

Table 5. 2001-2006 average distribution of fishery mortality, based on coded-wire tag recoveries of Kendall Creek Hatchery fingerlings (CTC 2008).
Alaska 9.26%
B.C. 80.35%
US troll 2.85%
PS net 2.22%
US sport 5.32%

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#616559 - 08/16/10 03:24 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: stlhdr1]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1

You never answered the question about "your" favorite southern Oregon rivers... What's the last time they netted them??Keith thumbs

You going to answer the question Freespool?

Keith

#616579 - 08/16/10 04:34 PM Re: Alternative commercial fishing gears to be tested [Re: stlhdr1]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Instead of thinking up ridiculous scenarios as to why our fish runs are dwindling, why not do some research and find out for yourself?

Page 8 of 29 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 28 29 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (wolverine, DrifterWA), 1083 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |