Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62463 - 05/05/01 11:45 AM Rattlesnake Lake Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those of you who are interested. I spoke with the Seattle Public Utilities and they said that they will be bringing Chester Morse reservoir up to normal capacity and this should cause Rattlesnake Lake to go up as well. Rattlesnake is fed by seepage from Chester Morse. Because of this the water levels will vary greatly and the fish population of the lake is not self sustaining. WDFW will plant the lake later this month when water levels come up. They plan a generous supply of Triploids and the regular plant of trout. The lake is open as of April 28th but still low. I plan to head there this coming week after work. Also, for those fly fishing the lake, the evening bite is best usually and I was told that you can park outside the main gate and walk in to the lake to fish after normal park hours.

#62464 - 05/06/01 11:56 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Thanks for the update.

#62466 - 05/11/01 01:45 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

The lake is able to be fished now but there is a hike to get to it. It is rising fairly quickly and I would expect that maybe mid May would be up to near normal levels. There should be some good holdovers in this lake from last year and I am sure they are hungry! I will be trying to head out there today or tomorrow to see what's up. I will bring my flyrod too just in case laugh

#62468 - 05/12/01 10:14 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
Phoenix Offline
Egg

Loc: Kent
I recently received the following rely to my inquiry to WDFW anent Rattlesnake Lake:

<b><i>
Thank you for your e-mail correspondence to the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
(WDFW) Fish Program.

We are holding the fish until mid-May. If water levels permit we will plant Rattlesnake then.
Otherwise, yes, we will distribute them into other King County lakes. If you have further
questions, please call our Customer Service Reception at (360) 902-2700, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00
p.m., Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,

Mark Downen
Area Inland Fish Biologist
Region 4

</b></i>

I do not live near Rattlesnake, but I would like to be kept aware of the lake's level. To tell the truth, I hope they do divvy out the fish intended for Rattlesnake to other lakes in this area.

#62469 - 05/12/01 12:23 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can understand your desire to see the fish dispersed throughout the rest of the lakes in the area but the information that I have is that this lake does not support a self sustaining population so that if the water does come up fishing there will be very poor. Since there are few lakes in the area that are selective gears like Rattlesnake it would not be fair to people who fly fish. I am trying to get them to create this lake into a C&R lake like Lone so that we can have a year round fishery here. Then after a while we would not need all the plants. smile

Dee, have I met you out at the lake before?

#62471 - 05/16/01 11:19 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I think I have seen you out there. You might have seen me in a float tube. I have since graduated to a 8 foot pontoon with oars that I am trying to rig with a trolling motor.
I'll try and find out where we can send letters. I was told by WDFW that sending letters to the legislative branch also helps. Perhaps TU may have some pull? Basically I was told that if a large enough group of people can come together, they will respond better. This was why the bass fisheries received so much attention a few years ago.

#62472 - 05/17/01 05:05 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was looking at the paper today and the fishing report specifically mentioned that Rattlesnake Lake water is coming up and the WDFW will be planting in the next 2 weeks. It seems that when we keep questioning Mark at WDFW he listens and mentions the lake. Lets keep up the pressure for all our fisheries!

#62473 - 06/04/01 10:07 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
Phoenix Offline
Egg

Loc: Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by TJacobs:
Was looking at the paper today and the fishing report specifically mentioned that Rattlesnake Lake water is coming up and the WDFW will be planting in the next 2 weeks. It seems that when we keep questioning Mark at WDFW he listens and mentions the lake. Lets keep up the pressure for all our fisheries!

The paper now says, they will not stock Rattlesnake lake, because it fail to to fill up.

#62474 - 06/22/01 12:50 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Update
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
I just read a report from Creekside Angling in issaquah, and they said that Rattlesnake finally got it's fish and is fishing well.

So what's the deal? Did they indead get stocked? When? How many? WDFW website still does not show any stocking for Rattlesnake lake...

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (DrifterWA, eddie), 1077 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645371 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |