Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62648 - 05/12/01 06:21 PM Yakima Area Lakes
ACE Offline
Alevin

Loc: Edgewood, WA
I'm driving over to Yakima with my wife on Tuesday. She's attending a meeting. I thought I'd fish a lake in the area. I see Myron, Mud, Rotary and Wenas as possibilities. Anybody got a suggestion on these or any other area lakes. I'll be able to fish from about 10 to 4. I'd like to fish chronomids but I can toss a leech, woolly bugger, damsel, dragon fly, etc. around just as well. Looking forward to your suggestions.

ACE

#62649 - 05/13/01 02:05 AM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
Chuck Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Fished alot at Wenas, dosent sound like you are going to have enough time to fish there very well though. I would fish one of the lakes right off Hiway 12, outside Yak. I bet draggin a wooly bugger round one of those would pay off!

#62650 - 05/13/01 05:33 PM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Check with Worley Bugger Flyfish Co. in Ellensburg on your way to Yakima - if you are going th I-90 rte.

#62651 - 05/13/01 06:01 PM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
ACE Offline
Alevin

Chuck and Micro Brew,

Thanks for the help.

MB do you know Steve or any of his crew? I've gone on a couple of trips on the Yakima with his outfit. They do a nice job, although, both times the fish weren't very cocoperative. Ironically, I've generally done better on foot than on the guided float trips down the river. I'm sure that's not the usual experience?

Have you heard from zen-leecher about his venture into his deep dark secret seep lake jungle? Do you we think we should tell him lots of people know about Quail Lake? I hope he had a great time wherever he was casting his mini-leech.

ACE

#62652 - 05/14/01 11:02 AM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Haven't heard from ZF, it's not Quail that he refers to. You know he'll have some sort of report on those new brown chronies.
I do know the crew, but only after spending a "few" $'s in the shop floatant & fluorocarbon, I've never floated with them - or anyone on the Yak. I tend to like to fish / wade from shore, although I'm not as stable (or is it stupid) as I used to be so I tend to wait until the level drops. I also generally fish the Highweay 10 sections, although the canyon below Ringers should be very fishable early this year due the lack of rain / snow.
Where'd you end up fishing this weekend? I hit Black Lake.

#62653 - 05/14/01 01:41 PM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I like fishing the upper Yak also. Only I usually fish from Easton down. It's easier to wade. I like smaller rivers to fish. They're more fun and I'm only here for the fun. :p

#62654 - 05/14/01 03:29 PM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
ACE Offline
Alevin

Micro Brew and Jim,

yeah, I didn't think it was Quail, especially since he was fishing from his 10' Hopper.

No fishing for me this weekend, just working around the house and Mother's Day celebrating. But I'm looking forward to a couple trips this week and I'd like to hit Cady next week. Maybe I can get the topo from Larry. How about you guys, did you get out?

You're right about the Yakima, it moves right along. I've waded it in the spring and fall here and there from the access below Easton into the Canyon. There is some easy wading behind the scale house before the Roslyn exit. My son and I have done well there a couple of times.

This summer I'd like to get up into Alberta and fish the Castle River. Nice looking small water and beautiful country. Good article on it in the Winter 2000 Northwest Fly Fishing Magazine.

ACE

#62655 - 05/14/01 05:14 PM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Thank's for the info. I am going to go there tomorrow. I don't care if its raining out as I haven't done any serious fly fishing in 2 months. I think that I'm going stir crazy. :p

#62656 - 05/15/01 09:37 PM Re: Yakima Area Lakes
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Went to the Yakima today. Weather did not cooperate. Was cloudy and windy. All in All it was a fine day. For a while I thought I was the worlds worst fly fisher person. But I finely almost caught one. It was about 18" long, but it was a LDR. at least things are picking up rolleyes

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1432 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |