Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#62992 - 05/24/01 10:28 AM Pilgramidge
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Zen leecher ,what flies should Micro brew and I take with us for next weekend? Will we receive stone tablets when we arrive at the top of the mountain? rolleyes

#62993 - 05/24/01 11:52 AM Re: Pilgramidge
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
well... you called this a pilgra"midge"... so one thing you'll need is midges or chronies.. and beadheaded to boot. black, brow (big), green (14 & 16) and silver.

Also a coupla types of damsel imitations...maybe a damsel adult for grins, mayfly dries and emergers... don't forget floating dragon nymphs to drag around, and of course chironimids.. Oh..did I repeat myself... guess chronies are doubly important.

This should sound just like a list for Leniece as it's also a desert lake.

Maybe a couple of leech imitations.

#62994 - 05/24/01 12:08 PM Re: Pilgramidge
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Brow = brown I hope. allright lots of chronies, damsels,dragons. What about the all important Leech? Will we be shaving our heads and using the tamborines, What sandals
as some of the streets there get hot. Thats if were passing out leaflets.

#62995 - 05/24/01 01:18 PM Re: Pilgramidge
Spawner

T M,

Your "footer" refers to indicator fishermen... and not to try to figure them out... or some other oddball group?? Is that it?

Yeah.. brow equalled browN. I cleaned my keyboard a couple of weeks ago and now I have some sticky keys. The "G" key is the worst. I really have to thump it to type that letter.

If you recall an earlier report I made on this "secret lake" in question, I noted that leeches let me down and maybe I should change my title to "zen chronie".

I keep thinking the swirls I saw were fish chasing down damsel nymphs... but the one I threw didn't get any special attention. Maybe a different damsel pattern might have worked better... but I didn't have any special insight.

I'd suggest floppy hats instead of sandals as the weather east of the mountains is hot. Where I'll take you... you'll get baked and baked lots as the fishing is good thru the day.

So... after you fish from the "well of knowledge" will you be any more humble afterwards??? I should let you fish it twice as you may need a touch more "humble" than most.

Oh.. maybe some shrimp imitations and some backswimmers might be in order.

Right now I'm corresponding with a zen (damsel) master of the damsel persuasion from Logan Lake, BC to suggest some special insight to what's going on with the hatches east of the mountains.

#62996 - 05/24/01 02:13 PM Re: Pilgramidge
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
ZF - I would concur on the damsels. Had one crawl onto the pontoon last week and emerge. Also saw anumber of small ones swimming near the surface - size 14 / 16. If TM could see, he would see some of that good stuff in the water and then, perhaps, he could work on matching the hatch.... It is kind of a Zen thing though, takes concentration & dedication to the signs which are presented to you.

#62997 - 05/24/01 02:29 PM Re: Pilgramidge
Spawner

I had a fleeting thought of smaller damsels (or instars) like you mentioned.. but that thought "fled" and I neglected to try any smaller ones.

I'm still trying to work out the problem that was presented to me that weekend and haven't come to a solution yet.

Might have been "instars".

#62998 - 05/25/01 08:29 PM Re: Pilgramidge
Fishnfella Offline
Alevin

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa.
A humble suggestion Zen,oh wise one.Possessor of infinate knowledge.
If the "Secret Lake" is the one we fished together,consider that those swirling raises from large fish may have not been takes of Damsel nymphs at all.
I fished that same rise a few days before you and threw many fine damsels to no avail.The water was rife with returning Chronomid Adults and I think they were porposing for them. I had no size 20 dry midges,don't fish that hatch anyhow as my eyes have failed me. frown

#62999 - 05/29/01 10:38 AM Re: Pilgramidge
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Bill, with this memorial weekend gone by, Thank Zen, I'm looking forward to the teachings of Zen. I suggest saturday as that would also work for Micro Brew. Hope you had a good weekend. eek

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer), 566 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |