LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63089 - 06/07/01 03:42 PM Biggest Bass?
404 Error*File Not Found Offline
Parr

Loc: BC, Canada
Hey people...tell me the biggest bass that you've caught.My personal recors is 2.3 pounds laugh
Pretty brutal..huh? wink

#63090 - 06/07/01 05:33 PM Re: Biggest Bass?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
8.5lbs for me. Caught it on a nightcrawler at age 10 in a private lake that we lived near in Olympia, WA. Unfortunately, I took it home with me. Please forgive my ignorance, I was 10.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#63091 - 06/07/01 06:08 PM Re: Biggest Bass?
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
mine was 4 pounds and 18 inches. Caught it fishing a jig under a bobber. I was after perch and a largemouth hit it and the fight was on as my outfit was an ugly stick ultra light with 6lb test.

It was at a little lake up by Granite Falls called, I think, Rainbow Lake.

#63092 - 06/07/01 06:15 PM Re: Biggest Bass?
Jonduke Offline
Alevin

My largest bass was a fat 9 pounds. I caught him a year ago on Neva Lake, on San Juan Island. It is in a private resort, Lakedale Resort, and is extremely weedy and shallow. Besides from tons of trout, it has loose schools of huge (7 pounds +) bass that cruise the shallows. I caught mine when I saw three huge shadows behind my cabin in the little channel. The only rod rigged was a 5-weight fly rod with a tiny little woolly bugger, but I managed to catch him with it, and actually land it. However, it fought like a log, so that was probably why I landed it. cool

#63093 - 06/07/01 06:28 PM Re: Biggest Bass?
Jellyhead Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: St. Helens, OR
Biggest for me so far is 8 1/2#'s out of Cullaby lake in oregon. A big prespawn female on a flipping tube last spring.

Let her go to make lots more for me to catch!!!

Aaron

#63094 - 06/07/01 06:58 PM Re: Biggest Bass?
Just Fishing Offline
Fry

Loc: olympia
Mine was a little over 5# caught at Chambers lake by Lacy Wa. I caught it on a green spotted flat fish. I did release it. laugh

#63095 - 06/09/01 03:30 PM Re: Biggest Bass?
Robert Allen3 Offline
Spawner

Loc: vancouver WA USA
a few years ago I caught an 8lb 9 oz largemouth out os silver lake in October on a 1/2 oz black and blue jig with a #11 uncle josh pork frog trailer.

A couple years later I caught a 5 lb largemout out of a small lake along the Columbia.

Then this spring after 2 years of no bass fishing I caught a 7 lb largemouth this march from Lacamas lake also on the balck and blue jig and pig. I caught this bass while fishing from the bank!!!
I'd like to find someone in the Vancouver area who needs a fishing partner is serious about bass fishing and has a boat set up for it.

#63096 - 06/12/01 02:14 PM Re: Biggest Bass?
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Largemouth- 7lbs 12 oz., Lake Terrel near Ferndale. Caught it in July on a four inch sluggo at the end of the flooded creek in the trees. Weighed it on a scale that a fellow angler had when he cruised over when he saw me pull it out of the water. Released, of course.

Smallmouth- 6 lbs. and a few ounces, Lk. Sammamish, back in '86. Released after weighed on a crappy scale, so not sure exactly, but scale said 6 lbs. and 5 oz. Good luck on me telling exact spot, but was caught on a carolina-rigged floating four inch grub.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |