Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#63149 - 06/18/01 04:30 AM Lake Washington warmwaters
Arklier Offline
Returning Adult

Does anyone have any suggestions on which dock on the lake to go to for warmwater fish? Perch, bass, crappies, ect. Salmonids are ok too, but I prefer warmwater fish personally. If anyone has any suggestions on which setups to use, I'd appriciate it also. Thanks.

#63150 - 06/18/01 09:06 PM Re: Lake Washington warmwaters
Jonduke Offline
Alevin

I like Lake Washington a lot, and regularly dock-fish it for perch. My favorite is at Juanita; its a big u shaped dock with some nice water. Even the swimming area produces. Luther Burbank usually has some nice perch (fish the small dock that you have to hike to) and I caught a 4-pound smallie once while perch fishing! Occasionally, the Kirkland docks and Seward Park dock are good, but focus on the first two. What i usually use is the good ol bobber and worm fished close to the bottom, but i have caught smallies and even perch on spinners. Sometimes I get a wild hair and bust out the fly rod (which I usually save for trout and salmon) and catch a few perch on Hares Ears. Good Luck.

#63151 - 06/19/01 02:14 AM Re: Lake Washington warmwaters
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Arklier,

If you're shorebound and want some Lk. Wa. warmwaters, then I'd recommend the Arboretum. There are many, many docks, walkways, and pieces of beach to fish off.

You can catch smallies, largemouth, perch, sunfish, crappie, and the occasional bluegill. Don't be surprised if your worm ends up enticing a cutthroat anywhere from ten to twenty inches, either.

I don't fish Lake Washington much, since I live on Lk. Sammamish, and when I do I usually do it via boat or float tube, but when I have been shorebound, the Arboretum is the spot.

Good luck, and wherever you do try it, post a report. Thanks in advance.

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#63152 - 06/23/01 01:38 AM Re: Lake Washington warmwaters
Arklier Offline
Returning Adult

Finally got a chance to fish out at the Arboritum, but I only managed to catch one perch. There was a guy just leaving when I got there who had several nice sized ones in his bucket, but it seemed I couldn't fish a single spot without having my bait run over every five minutes by a boat. People have no consideration for bank anglers and don't give them any space. I actually watched two ladies in a canoe paddle by in front of me not a dozen feet away! Luckily I didn't have any lines in the water at the time, so I wasn't as annoyed as I could have been. I started kind of late, so I only tried 3 spots, though. Was really just playing around with a new rod I bought the other day. I was mostly bottom fishing, because it was a bit too windy for a bobber, but there seemed to be a lot of underwater weeds around that fouled up my rig on almost every cast.

#63153 - 06/25/01 08:05 PM Re: Lake Washington warmwaters
Sparse Grey Hackle Offline
Alevin

Loc: Seattle, WA
I also like pan fishing. On lake washington, you will do best when you find a 25-35' deep area and fish it at SUNDOWN. There is good fishing from the east side of Mercer Island to Kenndale in Renton.

When bank angling, the arboretum is a fine spot. Again, SUNDOWN is the key. First bite is usually about 7:30 pm and the action will usually be pretty consistent until dark. Three of us went out to our favorite Perch spot a week ago and did absolutely horrible. The standard tear drop weight and worm hook pair usually produces really well when fishing from a boat, but was completely fruitless for us. It was a nice evening and a lot of large fish were showing, but the water temps out there were from 66-68 deg. I think that this might be just a tad bit cold for them.

The best way to "force" perch to bite, is by using a 1/16 smoke grey jig with sparkle and tip it with worm. I found this to be the best producer for perch in the arboretum last July-Aug.

One area that gets a lot of pressure, but provides much action for small perch is the east tip of "Marsh Island" of the Arboretum trail walk. You will also find small blue gills in the lily pads. There are LARGE crappies in these waters as well and a window of time in which to catch a lot of them, but I'm going to keep their secret with me. You'll have to put in your time to figure these guys out. I know I did. I give you one hint, though: You can leave your worms at home. I have never seen someone take these guys on any kind of bait.

#63154 - 06/26/01 03:41 PM Re: Lake Washington warmwaters
Arklier Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks for the tips on the perch.

Out of all the fish in this state, crappies are my favorite hands down. They're fairly big, have no limit (not that I would take any more than I needed), and taste delicious. If you can tell me what you know about Lake Washington crappies, I'll share some of the techniques and stuff I've learned about catching them in other lakes around here. Drop me a line by removing the pork. My email is: arklier@hotspammail.com

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 391 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |