Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#638604 - 11/29/10 02:49 AM damn DOG
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
So whats the pup damage so far.
Radar dined on the interior of my truck tonight while I had dinner with Doc. Got the leather off of half my steering wheel, almost chewed through my seat belt, gnawed on my shift handle then moved to my sun visor for desert. Anyone need any used lab parts?

GAWD I wanted to kill him. should of named him shredder. He is also fond of power cords

Edited by Achewter (11/29/10 02:50 AM)

#638605 - 11/29/10 03:37 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: Achewter]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
Dang Art that sucks, Radar sounds like the average lab. You can look forward to another 6 months of chewing if he is anything like his dad.

#638607 - 11/29/10 04:05 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: huntncoug]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
WHen I saw your title, and poster name, I cringed. I knew it would be lab related.

Mine is sleeping peacefully next to the woodstove at the moment, yet memories of dropping a paycheck into his emergency rock removal surgery only a year ago, is still fresh in my mind. So to is the wireless modem, most of the fuchsias in my landscaping, any garden or hand tool handle, ANYTHING plastic... damn dog hates plastic....

He's a lab... the list gets fresh entries daily.

Hell, just yesterday, the fiance's cat puked in her room... "MOOSE!" she yelled, and he happily ate it... sick

#638701 - 11/29/10 01:45 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Twitch]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
radar's sister is very fond of socks and shoes. chewed up a shoe or 2 of my wife's, gnawed a hole in a blanket, munched a dry-erase marker this morning. major damage has been minimal, though she did try and eat my seatbelts, too. she now rides in the bed of the truck after smearing her stinky, mud caked ass all over the seat 2 weeks ago. if you leave the bedroom door open, she knows it and will not stop until she finds a sock. luckily, when she does find something she shouldn't have, she runs into the living room with it. Lindsey shouts "Bandito!!" then kenna jumps on the chair and gives it up. if she stops doing that, we're doomed.......

willy

#638703 - 11/29/10 01:52 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: landcruiserwilly]
Driftfishnw Offline
Steelhead Hitman

Bear has chewed my hats, socks, shoes, cell phone, digital camera, clothes, rod cork, and reel handles.... Just to name a few..

Though, these days it's pretty much just the toes in my socks.... I'll take that over the other stuff any day...

#638714 - 11/29/10 02:28 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Driftfishnw]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Loc: seattle
You guys have all owned labs.....just normal chit. It will stop. What up with the socks.....Chase demolished out sock population when he was a puppy as well as the remote, christmas tree, xt lights, wallet etc.

Happily it all ended when he got done teething ( nine mos?).

Now an awesome non chewing dog.

#638727 - 11/29/10 03:35 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: seastrike]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
I'm thinkin that Labs could quite possibly be the answer to the recession, or at least a boon to sock manufacturers rofl

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#638737 - 11/29/10 03:43 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: NOFISH]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

this just in.....it's laundry day at our house, and kenna's helping out....

willy

Edited by landcruiserwilly (11/29/10 03:45 PM)

#638784 - 11/29/10 06:39 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: landcruiserwilly]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Well, unfortunately, I have you all topped. Nothing like coming back from a vacation to put a damper on one's life. I just found out about this 30 minutes ago.

Left for a week of warmth and arranged multiple people to watch Boris for me. The person that was supposed to have first shift backed out at the last minute due to fear of not being able to get to/from my house. A co-worker with dogs offered to watch him instead.

Apparently, Boris had 2 unattended hours at their house the first evening. He first cleared everything off their kitchen counter and ate apples, whole garlic, and opened their breadbox and ate all their bread. Then proceeded to crap ALL over their house.

From there, he moved on and destroyed 2 cordless telephones and pulled out 2 phonebooks and shredded them to nothing. After that, he moved on to every wicker basket in their house and turned all the wicker into 1 inch pieces. Fortunately, they had no wicker furnature.

When they arrived home to find the destruction, Boris bolted towards the remaining wicker for further destruction. The husband grabbed Boris by the collar to stop him but apparently Boris has gotten big and strong because he straight-up broke the man's hand. X-Rays, missed work, no driving, etc. Later, when they let him outside, he came back to the door, jumped on the screen and tore it right out. I'd imagine with all the damage he caused there, it is likely they forgot to mention the small stuff.

Besides all that, he has ripped out the center brake light in the back of my SUV, chewed off the wires that run the rear defroster, and has taken out 1/2 the fabric on the back of my SUV rear seats.

Let's not talk about fishing rods.

Currently feeling shell-shocked.

-AP

#638795 - 11/29/10 06:56 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
Bucket/Good Sport Offline
Kitsap's Crankiest Contractor

Loc: Poulsbo
Father-in-Law stuck his lab in the camper and hit the road. 6hrs later opened the camper door to find every cushion and the bed totally shreaded. Good thing he had a GOOD sense of humor!

#638796 - 11/29/10 06:58 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

jesus christ, aaron. sorry to hear of all the carnage. i'd been frustrated lately with kenna's habits, but wow! hope it all works out....

willy

#638797 - 11/29/10 07:02 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: landcruiserwilly]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
...oh Aaron, that sucks in huge loads of suckness! I hope those folks have a strong love for dogs and a good sense of humor as well!

#638829 - 11/29/10 08:32 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Sky-Guy]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
holy crap, I am speechless. Blue chewed up a few pairs of sandals and sunglasses but that was it, he never broke anyones bones.

#638835 - 11/29/10 08:52 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: huntncoug]
Driftfishnw Offline
Steelhead Hitman

Damn, Aaron!

That story reminds me of the movie " turner and hooch".

#638839 - 11/29/10 09:00 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Driftfishnw]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

Assume Boris is gone now....too bad. Chase liked him.

#638840 - 11/29/10 09:00 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: seastrike]
seastrike Offline
Hey Man....It's cool...

jk

#638864 - 11/29/10 10:25 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: seastrike]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Tye has been a saint - at least compared to Boris. Tye has destroyed a pair of slippers, multiple socks, a hat (He especially likes hats) a softball and a few dog toys. It helps that we are almost always here with him and if not he gets locked out in the yard.

It's easy to tell when he has something he shouldn't as he runs like the wind with his tail wagging a million miles an hour. He tries to run away with his treasures but will sit, if commanded to loudly and then I can get it away from him. Recently I have been whacking him with the flats shoes he loves to steal. It doesn’t seem to have any effect. But he does run to my wife for love when I punish him.

Sorry about Boris. But he's a great dog and one day will settle down. I think you may want to look into a shock collar.

Edited by Dave Vedder (11/29/10 10:34 PM)

#638947 - 11/30/10 01:46 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: Dave Vedder]
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
We've. Created. Monsters.

Im scared, oh and ya i got a kitten at my moms house and he's not effected by spray bottels. He ignors the water( i think he likes it.), I cant imagine a dog.... I have'nt really been around with radar's crimes- only seen them.

Sorry about the damage, mickey was a spaz but calmed down now that shes older. cute puppy faces and innocent eyes dont last.

-Allie

p.s.- cute pic of kenna-I laughed when seeing the picture.... but i laughed harder at the crimes though it sucks.

Aaron I hope you have not lost a friend.

Nothing is safe at counter top level or lower. Hats, socks, plates, a deer leg, Mickey's collar while she was wearing it, bags of chips, sandwiches, a frozen wild turkey breast, cordless phone chargers, 3 cpap masks, (one of them I was out of the room less than a minute) both guest chares in my office are destroyed and on the way to the dump, he even wacked a heavy duty power cord on an air conditioner into several chunks. Anything paper can and will be shredded and spread over a large area. Seems like the little bastard will just lay around innocent as can be until ya leave him alone for a second.

My brothers lab (one of two pups that were abandoned on the side of the road)once watched a cable guy work a cable under some carpet. That night he and his wife made a quick run to the store when they retuned the dog had pulled the carpet up at the very spot the guy had worked.He then tore it out all the way across the living room and all the way down the intire hall way of the house. When they first saw it they were sure someone broke in the house and were looking for something hidden under the floor.

There is no such thing as a good deal on a lab.

#638952 - 11/30/10 01:56 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: Achewter]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Maybe if you are the one giving it away? ? ?

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#638956 - 11/30/10 02:05 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: Achewter]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: Achewter
There is no such thing as a good deal on a lab.

That's funny, Art, I was thinking the same thing earlier today. rofl

The crazy thing is that, with the exception of his 2 hour rampage at my co-worker's house, he has been really good. My girlfriend and I were actually shocked to hear the story. I'd been leaving him unattended at my house for 1/2 my work day at 5 months with no issues other than one day when he took 3 placemats and and already broken float rod off my dining room table and chewed them up. I have to think it was a combo a completely new environment, puppyhood, and separation anxiety. He really does like having people around.

I also got some comments that he doesn't "play well" with dogs which I found strange because he's hung out with TONS of dogs, both on and off leash without any issues. The roughest I've seen him play was with Seastrike's dog, Chase. And besides being a little overzealous considering it was inside, they were fine. I'm thinking he's hit that point where he doesn't understand how big and stong he's become.

The people that had all the problems with him have a very positive outlook on life and didn't seem to hold it against me or the dog (which is probably more than I'd be able to say about myself) so, overall, things are fine. This whole thing will blow over but I'd be damn leary about ever asking them to dogsit again. I've already contemplated tying him to their front door, ringing the doorbell, and then running away just to see their reaction. rofl

Naturally, since I've had him back, he's been absolutely perfect...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish Lady, onthefly, overkill45
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 321 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |