Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#653110 - 01/11/11 10:04 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Dogfish]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Dogfish...

My quail are in a bad way... as in raccoon bad, and ferel cat, and possum. I went from 26...to 2. Both male frown

Too bad you only ended up with 3 females. I've ben trying like crazy to track more down, to no avail. California Valley are flippin' hard to come by.

#653123 - 01/11/11 10:15 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Twitch]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I'll give you one. You gave me many.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#653149 - 01/11/11 10:45 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Dogfish]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Keep yours together...build up a brood, then I'll take ya up on a batch of eggs or something.

I'm trying to get a line on Mountain Quail. Cool birds....

#653156 - 01/11/11 10:55 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Twitch]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I'd be happy to send you a pistol case of eggs.

Jason Y here turned me onto a guy in Longview who has heavy duty fencing for half the price of anyone else. This is "second" fencing, but it is entirely servicable. If I remember correctly, you have suffered losses before, so it might be time for an upgrade in fencing. 100' of 6' 2"x4" no climb was about $90. Easily twice that at Dell's or Tractor Supply. Supplement with galvanized hardware cloth as needed.

Also, build one of these, buy some .22 longs or shorts, and take care of business. Killing goes both ways.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#653306 - 01/12/11 01:34 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Dogfish]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
Originally Posted By: Dogfish
If you guys need a bird for training next spring, I may have a few spare quail roosters. It seems that by the luck of the draw I have 3 hens and 8 roosters left. I'll probably cull down to 3 roosters. Wish it was the opposite, but that is the luck of the draw. I'll hatch as many as I can in the incubator, but I may also hatch a few chicks for capons and use those as brooders. We'll see.
Anyway, let me know if you guys need training birds for next summer.

thanks for the offer, andy. i'll definately take you up on it. i'm planning on going to gamebirds this spring, and getting away from pigeons.

dave, i'll let you know. maybe this weekend?

willy

#653308 - 01/12/11 01:39 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: landcruiserwilly]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
Wily, this weekend is all good with me. 206 595 6564

#653339 - 01/12/11 03:26 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Dave Vedder]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Thanks for the vest Dave. . . the pups are very interested in smelling it. . . I think Tye left about 5lbs of hair in it.

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#653509 - 01/13/11 12:51 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: FishRanger]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

So what is it with dogs and socks? I got so tired of retrieving my socks from Tye I screamed at him, beat him, shook him and put the socks away. Within minutes, I look up and see
. . .

Then for good measure he ate my grandson's homework. We wrote the teacher a note. I do hope he has a sense of humor.

Edited by Dave Vedder (01/13/11 12:52 AM)

#653544 - 01/13/11 01:30 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: FishRanger]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
Originally Posted By: FishRanger
Thanks for the vest Dave. . . the pups are very interested in smelling it. . . I think Tye left about 5lbs of hair in it.

You can blame the small holes on top of it on Tye's dad Blue. Tye was getting out of hand one day and Blue thought he needed some discipline.

#653599 - 01/13/11 11:42 AM Re: damn DOG [Re: huntncoug]
browndog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Coast Range OR.
Add to the list.
My black lab Abby is in heat , Bristol the browndog is beside himself and cannot keep his paw's off the poor girl she's abought 30 pounds lighter and is getting down right mean to him.
I cannot even let them out at the same time as Bristol pounces on her at any given chance. She gave him a bloody nose this morning.

Dave you want an addition to your family ? I can let it happen !!! Double the fun.

Edited by browndog (01/13/11 12:57 PM)

#653616 - 01/13/11 12:35 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Dave Vedder]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
So what is it with dogs and socks? I got so tired of retrieving my socks from Tye I screamed at him, beat him, shook him and put the socks away. Within minutes, I look up and see...

Boris was big into socks for his first few weeks and not much since. However, I took a nap yesterday and when I woke up, a pile of dirty clothes had been redistributed around my room (although nothing was chewed on). I think they have days where their frustration gets the best of them and revert back to their younger days.

Dave, IF you catch him in the act, one form of punishment that has always worked well for me is to pin the dog down sideways on the ground. Keep one hand on the side of his butt and one hand around his front shoulders or neck. He'll try to pop-up because he won't like it. DO NOT let him up until he is completely submissive. Usually, I give him some angry-sounding words tellling him not to do that again and holding up whatever he grabbed and telling him it isn't for dogs. Usually, at that point, if I put the item in front of him (the sock in this case) he'll bow his head and turn away from it.

-AP

#653679 - 01/13/11 03:55 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
Ah, yes the sock thing. i know it well...... it's such an issue at our house that lindsey made me this in her ceramics class:

heard about the chicken-killer aversion therapy, by placing the dead chickens on the offending dog's collar. figgered that it might work with socks, too. not so much....

willy

#653706 - 01/13/11 04:52 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: landcruiserwilly]
GreenRiver Offline
Spawner

They need their own sock. Take one sock, stuff another one in it and tie a knot on the end. That's what we always did.

btw/ When these lab threads started up, I was really thinking about getting one. I have changed my mind since, because of the first 2 looooong years.

Most people suck at internet........

#653761 - 01/13/11 07:10 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: GreenRiver]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

BD,

Last night I jokingly told my wife we should get another one. She said there would be plenty of room for him as she would be leaving.

#653771 - 01/13/11 07:20 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Dave Vedder]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Just found my Dog curled up right on top of my pillow...of course the sheets and pillow cases were just washed a couple days ago. He knows it's impossible for me to get mad at anything he does. flog

- Albert Einstein.

#653842 - 01/13/11 10:12 PM Re: damn DOG [Re: Sol Duc]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Dave, your dog obviously has his own stash!

Tying the sock around his neck so that he can take his snack with him is a great idea.

I too was thinking of getting one, but have reconsidered, seeing as we just got the kids out of the house and I am liking the peace and quiet.One of the boys ate everything in sight, maybe that's where my socks went.

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Bob, Jerry Garcia, ReiterRat, Sky-Guy 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Fish Lady, onthefly, overkill45
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 987 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28169
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13519
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63770 Topics
645260 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |