Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64000 - 11/26/01 06:12 PM Nickname for T. Jacobs
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Tom,

All you need for a neat nickname is just an active imagination.

Just ask Trout Master how he got his.

Actually, I think he got his by sniffing way too much powerbait. He puts it in a paper bag, holds the bag to his nose and sniffs in and out. When he first said "huffing" I thought he was reading an old fairy tale about a wolf and three little pigs, but after a while I figured it out.

I got my nickname from the skillful use of woolly buggers and leeches to catch many large trout.

Pick one for yourself, otherwise I'll give Trout Master his paper bag back... and he'll name you.

Shoot, he might name you after a drink, just like he did to Micro Brew. Would you like to be called "Old Turkey"?

Also he's hung up on this nugget thing...

#64001 - 11/26/01 06:51 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
TM - Couldn't spell Laphroaig.

MB

#64002 - 11/26/01 07:34 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

Scary... you came real close to being a "Lapfrog"

#64003 - 11/26/01 09:51 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the advice about the nicknames. Laphroag or 'lapfrog' doesn't quite fit. eek

I do have a nickname from some friends because of another hobby of mine but it does not sound so good. I guess not everybody can be a Trout Master or a Zen Leecher.

Perhaps 'Grasshopper' since I am learning the way of the Leech? Although I would hate to have a damsel pattern burned on one arm and leech pattern on the other.

#64004 - 11/26/01 10:56 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Allright, Now why is the Len Zeacher picking on me? And Bill you said you would never tell about the huffing the power bait story! And Micro Brew
I dont even know the guy. Only seen him catch fish. I've never seen Zen Leacher catch a fish.
Tom has one thing going for him and that is the same last name as me.No realation that I know of though. laugh

#64005 - 11/27/01 01:50 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Mr. Twister Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: wa
Ah, but some of us just mispell our own names. But hey, ZL is not a bad guy, he just send you off with his maps containing his red circles. Besides, ZL doesn't even fish the same no-name lakes that some of us do, or we would have to out fish him with pleasure. And I bet his leech collection is sorely out of date. My most recent leech pattern becase my favorite lerrch pattern after it slayed nice trout after nice trout in a lake not 45 minutes from ZL's ranch. And the poor guy has to drove to Canada for his fixes. Some of can do well in our own neighborhoods, guys.

#64006 - 11/27/01 09:55 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
T.M. - same last name huh? Well that should take care of my nickname - something like Trout Apprentice or Trout Journeyman. laugh But with the same last name maybe it should be something like Smolt Master. laugh

#64007 - 11/27/01 12:26 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

My name is just that I dont know where I got it from. Now the Master part is cause I onced worked on a bait barge and started off as a jr, baiter.
And I'm sure you can figure out the rest.Tom you will find a name in time. laugh

#64008 - 11/27/01 01:58 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

TJ,

Your modesty in picking a nickname is refreshing. Some of us on here, TM and myself included, displayed a lack of that in our eagerness to come up with the best name.

I may have to reconsider speculating that TM doesn't have enough "modesty" as he did (by his own report) catch a trout larger than me this year.

He told me, and I freely accepted it as the gospel truth, that he caught a 26 incher a couple of weeks ago.

My best was a 25 incher back in May, but that was 6 months earlier than TM's fish. If I rather conservatively calculated 6 months growth rate and added that to my fish, possibly mine would have bested his by two inches.

Woolly Worm - I had to think a while to remember the name behind that moniker, but it came to me. I forgot as I read your post of your trout catching exploits under your real name. I noticed you didn't pass on the name or location of the lake in that post either.

I do have a problem with lots of leech imitations in my fly box. They didn't get much use after a June BC trip. Most still look brand new. Next year they should lose their luster and pristine appearance.

Back to nicknames. I have a friend at work who has given me the title of "Big Fish". I assumed that was recognition of my ability to catch many large trout, in retrospect I should have been more suspicious as I think he is remarking on my many fish stories and that it appears I catch the same trout more than once (not necessarily catch and release).

Here are some sample nicknames you could consider:

Glo Bug
7x (as in tippet)
Light Rod (not recommended)
Damsel Master
Fish Catcher
and
No Bull

#64009 - 11/27/01 02:18 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Zen I think you have too much time in your hands. It seems that you spend more time on your computer that work. Now that's a bad word. Work. If my car wasn't sick I'd be out there fishing. Jim S. And as you see I don't need a nick name because I'm brave enough to use my own. cool

#64010 - 11/27/01 02:33 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Zen Leecher again I thank you for the bad time you give me and for speaking for me. As for the names for T.J. Damsel Master would be a good one for him. I was thinking of changing mine to Zonker.
Now regarding the fish I caught, I do have the pic's to show you. We should hook up to xchange pic's. No news on the job yet for me. The owner should be up from California tomarrow. I'm keeing my fingers crossed.
And regarding Jim S's comment that you have to much time on your hands? I think it is great that you are at work and still keeping this board active. I have much respect for the Zen Leecher for this. next year we will all to go to the secret lake,T.J. , Zen and T.M. and Micro brew just to see who can catch the biggest trout. laugh

#64011 - 11/27/01 02:48 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
T.M. - next year huh? Just needing to practice up some on your abilities? Did you get a glance at that humorous link I placed here? (see new offseason flyfishing sport)http://www.conknet.com/~b_bull/special/chickenfishing.html

What about a little winter action? Wouldn't that be the test of a true Trout Master? What does anyone else thing?

#64012 - 11/27/01 03:33 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

When it comes to cold weather, I'm kind of a wuss. I have no problem admitting this. So late winter or early spring is the next time I will be out. Unless anyone has idea's on where to go.

#64013 - 11/27/01 03:34 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

When it comes to cold weather, I'm kind of a wuss. I have no problem admitting this. So late winter or early spring is the next time I will be out. Unless anyone has idea's on where to go. Plus my abilties are fine, I dont have to prove anything to anyone, As I am the Trout Master! laugh

#64014 - 11/27/01 03:36 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Looks like I hickupped! laugh

#64015 - 11/27/01 03:45 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

TM.

If we all fish together I will catch the biggest fish as I have spent the most $$$ on gear.

Technique or ability means little.

P.S. I will share some of my special $10.00 flies with you.

#64016 - 11/27/01 06:28 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

$10.00 thats all? What do you have for $25.00.
I'll catch more as I'll be sleeping in comfort at the lake, while you sleep in a tent.
Micro brew will proably out fish us both. The man is quiet, but he is really Trout Man. I saw what he can do. laugh

#64017 - 11/27/01 06:38 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

TM,

Why do I have to sleep in a tent??? We bought a new truck camper last year. It even has an ice crusher in it for margaritas.

For $25.00 I'll give you two special trout catching flies, and a diagram of how to use them, and I'll put an "x" on the special spot where you're supposed to use them.

Changed my mind. I got a better offer for you. How about for $25.00 I give you two special trout catching flies and also a charter membership in the Zen Leecher fan club. You'll be the 2nd member..... right behind me.

Tom, here's another nickname for you. You might even like this one. How about "TeeJay"??

#64018 - 11/27/01 07:25 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Charter Member huh? Is there any benifit from being a member, like discounts on events,fly tying classes etc? Oh I forgot you bought the camper. I still think it's a good idea for those of us that fly fish to meet up some weekend to fish. It would make for a very interesting weekend. laugh

#64019 - 11/28/01 08:10 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Since we are upping the ante, how about 50.00 and Zen catches the fish for us? laugh laugh

Or, you all will be fine outside while I fish from inside Goose's cabin next time the water rises. (reference northwest fishing bb under Goose's Ark part II)

As far as the most money for gear, that is meaningless unless you have the ration of fish to gear correct. Therefore my 99 cent fly is equivalent to your 20.00 fly. :p wink

I think that it would be seriously interesting to get in some challengine winter fishing...maybe for soem cutts or some bows down deep? Then maybe meet up and see why he is called MicroBrew?

By the way TM, Zen was to the northwest of you, sounds just like my dad, but he had sense enough to blame the dog. :p laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1323 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |