Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64020 - 11/28/01 11:06 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
That's an awful a lot of money to spend for flies .99. I go to Out dr. emp. for mine. .75 and that's the same price for Steelhead flies also. At that price I only have to go once a year to stock up. They have a good selection. And no they do not fall apart when you cast them. Jim S. :p "so much water--so little time"

#64021 - 11/28/01 11:33 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Okay, MB needs to step in here. I spent last Saturday up at Cady fishing in some of that crummy weather. Biggest fish there this year was a 32"er, caught earlier in the year. Did okay. As for winter fishing, today seems to be a good place to start.

Name the place & time of the fish off. Catch must be verified by a second person.

Seriously, it would be great for all of us to get together and flog the water. We might even be able to learn a few tricks from each other.

My December is out for any trips, but Jan. on would be great.

ZL / TM, that "secret" lake is supposed to be fishable as early as February. But it will probably be too cold for wussies...

"Fishing consists of a series of misadventures interspersed by occasional moments of glory" Howard Marshall

#64022 - 11/28/01 11:44 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Micro Brew like a said I know your abilities. I've learned alot from you. I think the same about the secret lake, late feb would be great!
T.J. How could he be N.W. of me? As he lives in Kirkland,and works down south? Do you need a map?
And a compass? Let it snow ,Let it snow ,Let it snow. Opps not I have my second interview today at 1:30pm. laugh

#64023 - 11/28/01 12:00 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Forgot to mention this.

I do hit the Emphorium for some gear. You might also check out Hills Discount Flies, they run $7.95 - 8.95 per dozen for most types.

#64024 - 11/28/01 12:08 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

That is alot cheaper than Zen Leecher brand! I myself am gonna start tying again , as I spent a small fortune this year on a new vise. Ah it's raining. mad

#64025 - 11/28/01 12:12 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Jim,

I'm working on catching a "big one" so please don't mention the 79 cent flies anymore. I'd like TM to "bite" on one of my $10 special flies with the addition of the free charter membership in the Zen Leecher fan club.

Disclaimer: Membership only free with purchase of special fly.

MB I'd already given thought to that lake being a February lake. I think the water seepage percolating thru the sand would have that lake amongst the first open. Also, I may get adventureous this year and do some hike in's in the DWA lakes. I think the minimum hike is a mile and there's a string of lakes past that. DWA is Desert Wildlife Area and the state's owned them since somewhere around 1972, maybe a little earlier than that.

#64026 - 11/28/01 01:10 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Old Man Offline
Spawner

They are .75 cents not .79 cents. Please keep my facts straight. HEHEHE. Jim S. I too have a lot of time on my hands also. Car is sick. Almost to much to fix but cheaper than buying another one. TM, heard there is 5" of snow in Edmonds Jim S. cool

#64027 - 11/28/01 02:53 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Only about 2.5" here next to Lake ballinger.
Zen Leecher , I cant afford your flies. But maybe you will just start to show me your skills of tying.? Please Oh wise one. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmm,Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

#64028 - 11/28/01 03:58 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

TM,

You should make some sacrifices to get my "special flies".

Remember the story of Jack and the beanstalk and how he obtained "special beans".

These should help you catch giant trout, and if your girlfriend tries to throw the flies away... well just don't let her do that as a large bamboo rod will grow in your yard.

#64029 - 11/28/01 06:57 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

T.M. allready catches large trout! As for the girlfriend throwing things away, cant happen as she does not live here anymore ,plus she knows how special my fishing gear is. And it's priority
in life. #1. Fly fishing #2. My dog (fat black Oso dog) big lab that is. #3. Girl friend.
Thats the rules here!

P.S. got any magic beans for sale mister? laugh

#64030 - 11/29/01 10:51 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Alright, I'm back. December is out for me as well, January has posibilities but that February lake sounds good. I kind of like caddis master but TeeJay sounds good too. I wonder if Bob will help me change my profile without having to start over????

As far as cost for flies goes.....as long as it catches lots of fish, the price is usually worth it! Generally I don't have tome to go to Outdoor Emporium, but when I do, I like to stock up. They have some great patterns.

One thing for sure...I am not in the same class as TM, Zen of MB. Just from reading your posts I am blinded by the aura that you put off and hope to just keep warm in February basking in your presense. rolleyes wink

As far as biggest fish, mine was a 39+ inch brute of a chum.....unfortunately not on a flyrod though. laugh

I have yet been able to get to a lake the will boast some of these monster 'bows that you guys get but I have fun all the same. As far as flyfishing goes I am still a babe in the woods with regards to knowledge. frown Please don't take advantage of me. wink

#64031 - 11/29/01 11:22 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Old Man Offline
Spawner

I been doing this thing for about 20yrs of and on and I think I'm still a novice. As for tying flies. I tried to but they look awful. Too shaky. So my best bet is to buy them. Zen, your flies don't cost too much. I went to Montana one year it was in June I think. Was in Missoula, went to Grizzly Hackle.Paid $2.80 for one fly that they said was out at the time. Boy what a sucker. 6 flies for 25.00 bucks. Does your camper have a shower? Jim S. P.S. Still didn't catch anything. I think that I'm the worlds worst fly fisher man. cool

#64032 - 11/29/01 01:37 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

Yeah Jim, my camper has a shower, and if you remember how big I am, it's big enough for me.

Last one had a shower too, but the plastic shower curtain would stick to me when I sprayed water on myself. Made me feel like a taco. and the shower area was so small I couldn't even stick my elbows out.

This new one is roomy. I don't mind staying clean on fishing trips when using it.

If I really become a "plus size" it also has an outside shower, but I don't think anyone would want to watch me.

P.S. Dining area is roomy and well lit. Makes for a good area to sit, tie flies and watch what's going on outside.

#64033 - 11/29/01 02:25 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Ok enough, Why dont you guy's go get a room! I dont need to hear about Zen showering and being wrapped in plastic. Damn what a site. frown
Zen what do you think about a trip east in feb?
We could almost do it like the clean up we had earlier this year!(remember where only us fly fishers should up).Or as a instructional retreat of Zen? Or whacky rude TM seminar? Or the way of the Micro Brew. laugh

#64034 - 11/29/01 04:30 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

TM,

I have a new nickname for you. It's PITB". And that doesn't stand for Pretty Intelligent Trout Bonker.

#64035 - 11/29/01 07:23 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

So sir Zen what does it stand for? Come dont be shy ,Let it be known what is it? laugh

#64036 - 11/29/01 07:43 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Spawner

you're a smart boy... you figure it out.

I see you're picking on MB also.

#64037 - 11/29/01 11:32 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Zen, as for picking on M.B., not so just said he has been quite,thats all. And for the nick name I allready have one ,TROUT MASTER. DONT FORGET IT! mad

#64038 - 11/30/01 10:57 AM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Alright you two, calm down or I will send you to your rooms with no fishing until spring :p ...wait a minute you two aren't planning to go out until then anyway! eek rolleyes

Hey T.M., I think you have a cool name you too Zen, if M.B. has been too quite recently then he may be out doing what we have only been talking about...fishing. laugh Nah! That would be giving him too much credit.

Hey do you two know what happens while trying to walk with felt soled wading shoes on the snow? Probably not, you were inside on the 28th! Think making a snowman......what a way to get some platform shoes! eek

A serious question - what is the best way to fish with chironomids. I have read some of the previous posts. Do either of you know of any snail patterns?

#64039 - 11/30/01 01:11 PM Re: Nickname for T. Jacobs
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Tom, Micro Brew is the one who taught me earlier this year at Nunally how to fish chrono's with a indicator. Worked well. No I dont of any snail patterns. Wish I did as now is the time of the year they are feeding on them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Salmo g., steely slammer), 1356 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |