Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64237 - 12/31/01 04:26 PM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
FFF, thanks for the info. I have definetely been going to BIG with the tackle. I think I need to down size a little.
Fished the Kalama this morning, once again no luck. Saw a couple of fish caught by drift boaters.
A little excitement on Kalama River Rd too, there was a high speed chase about nine this morning. Pretty weird seeing State Patrol and Lewis County Sheriff chasing a mid 80's Corolla in a peaceful river setting. I thought the guy was just heading up to Pritchard's for more sand shrimp. laugh

#64238 - 01/01/02 04:21 PM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Any one fish today? How did you do? I took the day off from fishing. rolleyes

#64239 - 01/02/02 01:49 AM Re: Green Bums
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: kent
well carl I took the day off to. But I will be in the park at 8 am and fish on the bank by 8:30..........heeheeheeheeheehee

#64240 - 01/02/02 10:18 AM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Paul, saw your post on the "other" fishing forum about hooking up sometime and sharing tactics on the Greeen.
Unfortunately, you will have to share tactics with me because I do not have any to share with you. This is my first winter steelheading. I feel like I am in kindergarten. Man, I need some cookies and milk and a nap. laugh

#64241 - 01/02/02 03:40 PM Re: Green Bums
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
laugh Reading your last post cracked me up carl. I was in the same boat 2 years ago. Don't you almost feel uncomfortable or out of place sometimes when there are alot of people fishing around you? I did at first. Not sure really what to use or if i just looked like a bozo with my trusty roostertail. But those feelings are long gone and the way this year is starting i think you will have your cherry popped pretty soon.

I ventured up high today and walked down to the hole and to my surprise there was no one in site, except for the guy that walked down with me but he went down river. I rigged up eggs and a float and a long ass leader and third cast whammo. 3 feet out from me, thought it was a snag at first. A nice plump summer hatchery fish about 8lbs was the result. Another guy showed up a few minutes after the first fish. And before he got his line in the water,BAM my bobber was gone again. A nice fight and a big splash and then i grabbed her tail. Nice super bright summer nate i estimate around 10-11lbs. I had one other on but didn't land her. Hell of a day if you ask me. I'm heading up there tomorrow again if you wanna go Carl. I'll help ya pop that cherry if you'd like LOL laugh Give me a call if your not workin.

#64242 - 01/02/02 11:48 PM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I feel like a pimply faced kid just starting puberty and noticing all of the cute girls (steelhead). rolleyes
I won't be able to join you until Saturday or Sunday.
Call me, you will want to hear about the worst fishing trip I have ever had fishing the Cowlitz this last Saturday. eek

#64243 - 01/05/02 09:52 AM Re: Green Bums
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Carl, will be on the Green on Sunday, looking at getting some Whitefish on my fly rod. Think I'll bring my float rod as well and see if maybe I can hook into a steelie......

#64244 - 01/05/02 03:16 PM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Bobbersdown, I may see you out there. Where are you going to be?
Depending on the weather, I may fish for cutthroat on Lake WA. Gotta take the boat out a couple times this winter to run the motor.

#64245 - 01/05/02 03:23 PM Re: Green Bums
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Probably up by Soos creek. I will have my cell with me if you want to give me a ring. I would be glad to help you get some work out for your boat on Washington for Cutts if you would like! laugh Maybe won't snow this time! eek

#64246 - 01/05/02 04:53 PM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Bobbersdown, looks like the weather is not going to be cooperative tomorrow so the boat will sit yet another weekend. I will look for you down at Soos. smile

#64247 - 01/06/02 09:26 AM Re: Green Bums
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Hey boys,
I lost my internet over the holidays,(modem went out)but I should be back up and running on the 8th, at least there is supossed to be someone coming out then, sucks I have to be at work to get online..but at least they pay me then,,*L*
Carl, we still need to try and hook-up for a little fishin`, I`ll get in touch with you when I get back online at home,,I try not to use the internet to much at work, after all, I am supossed to be working.. laugh

#64248 - 01/06/02 12:39 PM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

rainycity, I know what that is like. I normally have DSL access. I have not had it since the beginning of November. I am in this big cluster f*** between MSN and QWEST. mad So, I am suffering with AOL for now. I hate dial up. I should have my DSL back on the 17th. cool

Ya, we can hook up sometime! There has not been any reports on the Green this weekend. I don't know if guys are out there fishing it or not. I haven't been. confused

#64249 - 01/06/02 01:22 PM Re: Green Bums
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Carl, thought you were meeting BobbersDown at Soos this mornin. I was looking forward to what you both caught or didn't catch. I fished the upper green wed thurs and friday but only got those 3 fish on wednesday. Saw 1 caught thursday, and 3 friday on everything from just a corkie to corkie yarn and sandshrimp.

#64250 - 01/06/02 04:28 PM Re: Green Bums
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

FFF, got kind of a late start this morning. I made it down there, at about noon. Ran into one guy at Soos who I see fishing every where on the Green. We know each others faces but we don't know each others names. Kind of weird! We chatted for a bit.
Reports were not good. I also ran the gammet...FG, KP, Metzler's, and so on. Lots of effort today.
I could not believe how much the water dropped since last week. The rain we get today should help out.

#64251 - 01/07/02 04:27 AM Re: Green Bums
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: kent
I stopped by the whitney today real late and I talked to 5 PPl they said that they had been there pretty much all day and didn't even see a fish.
WHAT IS THE DEAL.......did the chums chase the steelies out???????
I can not wait till the last week of the month....That is the hot season right???? end of Jan. to all of Feb???? confused

#64252 - 01/07/02 09:23 AM Re: Green Bums
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Carl,
Yeah, that`s what started this whole ordeal, Qwest and MSN. Trying to abide by thier letter they sent.

#64253 - 01/12/02 05:33 PM Re: Green Bums
HSL Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: seattle
Anyone fished the Green in the past few days? Are there still hatchery fish pushing through in numbers, or is the run dwindling down?

Thanks for any feedback. Tight lines.

#64254 - 02/03/02 01:04 AM Re: Green Bums
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
bump

Anyone getting any nates out of the Green yet?

#64255 - 02/13/02 04:21 AM Re: Green Bums
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

The Green had been pretty hot these last 3 weeks. Been catching natives for over 2 months now. Mostly on jigs. Orange/yellow and pink/white under a float has worked well. Have seen no big Nats yet. Now whos lake fishing??? confused

#64256 - 02/13/02 06:33 PM Re: Green Bums
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
Quote:
Originally posted by F F F:
The Green had been pretty hot these last 3 weeks. Been catching natives for over 2 months now.
you have been catching natives out of the green since mid december????

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1323 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |