Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64603 - 01/22/02 09:00 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I'm not an old fart. I'm only 66 going on 30. And thats not MPH either. There are some days that I feel old,but this week isn't it. I said that I wasn't going to spend any more money on gear. But I guess I lied. Went out today and bought me a Okuma 8/9 large arbor fly reel and an cheap 8wt sink tip fly line. I going to try Steelheading with flies and if I like it I will buy some better fly line. Jim S. cool

#64604 - 01/23/02 10:59 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Jim,

If you're that old then you merit a trip to the secret lake. Shoot... you deserve a little pleasure in your dotage, lord knows you won't find it steelheading with flies.

Write yourself a post-it note and expect an invite in March, April or May. Remember the note as your memory may be failing because of advanced age.

I just hope I stillremember the directions then.

Maybe one of them whippersnappers will take you... TM and MB still have all their facilities.

#64605 - 01/23/02 11:10 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
What were we talking about? S e c r e t L a k e
dierections? Uhhhhh?

#64606 - 01/23/02 11:49 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Spawner

Nah... we'll have to blindfold him for the trip. Someone will have to ride along shotgun with him and give him directions....you know.. turn right, turn left... stop sign, speed up....

You'll have to give real good directions with Jim being blindfolded.

#64607 - 01/23/02 11:50 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Facilities? I use them, but still have my FACULTIES...

MB

#64608 - 01/23/02 12:25 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Spawner

I don't have a thesarus.... does it show?

#64609 - 01/23/02 12:47 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Yup, Zen is loosin his facilities,hell I knew that way last year when I fished with him and he used Big Ugly Leeches more than Chronies during a raging Chronie hatch. Tryin for the bigun,he said.

Fishboy5: I used to Live in the Vancouver area and there aren't many secret lakes. There is one on the North side of Bob's Mountain out near the Washougal Salmon Hatchery, but it's hard to find and the road was bad even years ago.Isn't on any maps.
If I were a flyfishing beginner down there I'd fish Kress up by Kalama or Horsethief out in the Gorge or maybe those Salmon Creek ponds to sharpen up my skills and technique.
Then I'd go to Castle or Merrill and actually start fishing for sporting sized trout and not those planters.

#64610 - 01/23/02 01:14 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Hey Old Man:
Saw your post about the Scuds and Lake fishing. You gotta try it this year! It's made for lazy old men who like to sit and feed the ducks and watch a bobber.
Not hard to learn the trade either. If marginals like TM and Zen,Micro,and I can do it you can too.
Think of it as a second childhood,sitting and staring at your bobber. No worms though. Talk to Zen about protocol. Leeches=OK, Worms=NOT OK. Well maybe San Juan worms early in the year. wink

#64611 - 01/23/02 03:45 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

I don't use bait not even worms. I don't like to stare at bobbers either. I like to keep moving except if I'm on a lake and the sun is shining and it's warm. Then I might go to sleep. I'm like a elephant(but not as big as one),I don't forget much when it's about fishing. I'm like you about secret places. I lost my mind one time and told where a good spot on a creek was. Went back later and not a fish in site. I guess he told about 5 other guys and they picked it clean. Jim S. cool

#64612 - 01/23/02 04:14 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

I sat here thinking about what you said Zen. Just email me the name of the place and if it's on a map I will find it. I have about three atlas's of Washington State,have most of the state forests from the Cascades to the border going east. It seems thay I collect maps becaue I like to find places. Boy,my typing sucks today. You should see it before I send it. Jim S. laugh

#64613 - 01/23/02 07:28 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Secret Places: Hell, I'd love to share every one of mine with all you guys who love to fish. But lotta them (most in fact) are small and outa the way and a whole bunch of guys in there would ruin the experience for everyone.

You who want to fish a really great,relatively unabused place,learn to read maps,navigate,and pay your dues like I did by exploring. You'll come up with some duds sure. But you'll also find some places where Bubba and his trash and popcans/beer bottles and powerbait haven't ruined the scenery or the fishing. Oops, didn't make many friends with that post. cool

#64614 - 01/23/02 07:31 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Wheres Bubba? Oh there he is in his rusted out chevy,picking his nose and ready to dig for some worms. You got some pretty teeth boy laugh

#64615 - 01/23/02 07:44 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

I do explore but but but I do it locally. I really like to fish running water. I have fished a few streams in Eastern Wash. That I found by looking at a map. I had my eyes on another place or two last year but my car decided to act up so I didn't go. But this is a new year. More places to ezplore. Jim rolleyes

#64616 - 01/23/02 08:16 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Fishboy5 Offline
Parr

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
Z.L.-Sorry about calling you an old fart.

#64617 - 01/24/02 12:15 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Hey Zen
Oh man, I'm really hurt.
frown
I can't keep a secret? Post pictures? Well, of course post pictures, but we could keep the name of the lake secret. Maybe a "secret lake cleanup" report.
Please pick a lake that has a boat ramp so I can troll with my downriggers. laugh Oh, did I say something wrong?
:p

#64618 - 01/24/02 02:00 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Spawner

Mike...Mike.... Mike....

Sometimes I think the only reason we keep you is because you are the moderator of this board.... hmmm.. do I have things a little backwards here??

I'm considering some lakes for a "clean-up" that offer mixed style fishing and mixed method fishing. I suppose this could be better termed a "fish-in".

Maybe this board should consider a "fish-in". I've done one with a board I'm on up in BC. They've done two so far and also a couple of fly swaps. One ties flies, so a "plug swap" would lose something in the translation... and also it could be cost prohibitive.

I will admit to an occasional call from the dark side as I want to get back over to Sprague and fish for shallow water walleye and also toss some plugs for bass.

#64619 - 01/25/02 12:59 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
BrianC Offline
Alevin

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Trail Blazer scum? Them's fightin' words, Zen. All that work to put the fish in just so the Hi-Laker fish hogs can catch 'em out.

And, there's nothing better then slow trolling a flatfish from a Curtis Raft. Well, OK, bringing a rise to a well placed elk hair caddis from a Curtis raft is more fun, but that's beside the point!

#64620 - 01/25/02 01:36 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Fighting words????? To many of us here for you to say those are fighting words! Trailblazers I think he was refering to the basket ball team Knot head! mad

#64621 - 01/25/02 02:11 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
BrianC Offline
Alevin

Loc: Silverdale, WA
Nah, he wasn't referring to the basketball team. These are the Trail Blazers he was talking about. It's an old joke and friendly rivalry that goes way, way back.

#64622 - 01/25/02 02:39 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

I like to explore around for spots. But I notice that there are a lot more lakes in Eastern Wash. then there are on the west side. Just another question on them lakes or should I say ponds in EW. Do they have fish in them or do I have to find out for myself. Also one last question. How many of them are on private property. I don't want to get shot for just looking. Jim S. laugh

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (seabeckraised), 1310 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |