Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64583 - 01/21/02 08:30 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Fishboy5 Offline
Parr

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
Thank all of you very much! I have gotten a couple of poles from my grandpa. He also gave me an old reel. I checked out Hill's fly's and I'll probably get some.
I just got back from actually fishing, and not just talking about it. I went to a little pond that's a five minute walk from my house. I've known about it for a while, but haven't been able to talk to the owners to get permission. I finally got it. I also got a little bluegill on a kastmaster.

#64584 - 01/21/02 09:40 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
Fb5 ,take your rod and reel to a fly shop and ask them want you need and to see if all is in working order. I started off with a outfit that was my Dad's. Then look north at the first light in the morning and give praise to the Zen Leecher.
And chant 25 times Ohmmmmm!! Ohmmmmmm! Ohmmmm! laugh

#64585 - 01/21/02 10:24 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Fishnfellas and Zen Leecher. TM says I have to talk nice to you to get in on your secret lake list. Fishnfellas you tied up some scuds for me last year which I haven't tried yet as I'm not much on lake fishing. But would like to learn. And Zen I helped you get your wifes car unstuck at that lake cleanup last year. I used to be some one else and now I'm just Old Man. Jim S. :p

#64586 - 01/21/02 10:43 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

It takes $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and lots of it. just kidding. Jim they never told me or Micro Brew. We found out about it on our own. You have to search for it.

#64587 - 01/22/02 10:28 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
Jim S. (I don't like the term old man, seems like I keep getting closer...)
How about a trip over to Cady this spring? They have a decent launch area and the potential for some BIG fish. We could even stay over at Mason to get an early start.
We can discuss dates later.

Any lake clean ups scheduled this year? There are a lot that need some help.

MB

#64588 - 01/22/02 10:48 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Scott, a feb trip to the lake doesnt look like it will happen. The planned date is Mar 1. I have been tying lot of flies . Jose is now signed up on here as Supertrucha. Which is spanish for Supertrout! Anyway I hope we can make this trip.
The lake is supposed to be great for chrono's.

#64589 - 01/22/02 11:13 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Tyler, I sent private email to you. Got you confused with another member on here with, I think, the same first name.

OM.... stop whining... show some patience... shoot, everybody else knows about this secret lake since Trout Blabber fished it. Besides we won't be going over until sometime in March.... unless we have a surprise warm spell. Don't know why TM wants to go in Feb. Heck... it's a low of 19 degrees over there right now. Maybe he wants to use a frostbite chronie... I do like your new name of Old Man. I think I'm there right now.. and maybe "crotchety old man".

Also, my wife won't let me take her car fishing anymore.... wonder why???

OM.... I didn't discover this lake either. I had someone tell me about it. But, I did fish it about 15 years... maybe 20 years earlier. It was called a different name back then.

Lake clean-ups?? Shoot, I'm still trying to remember who suggested Little Cavanaugh last year. I think it was either TM or MB. I volunteered as I could never find that lake.

I could suggest a central WA lake for a combo clean-up/fish-in later. Only problem is we couldn't invite Mike C. as he'd want to take pictures, publicize them, probably catch some fish pic's too... and then everybody and their brother would want to come.

I know some other lakes, other than TM's secret lake, that also do good. One was doing real good last year and it was better suited to chronie fishing early in March. It was a 1/2 mile walk down a road from the car. I hope it's open again this year as the owner posted it last June because of vandals. It could stand some cleanup too.

#64590 - 01/22/02 11:37 AM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Zen, I mean old fart, I'm not going in feb, your right too cold. We do plan to hit it mar 1st. Trout blabber???? I've never giving the name . So anyway what size was the wire you used on the chrono's you showed me? I was at the avid dangler yesterday and the stuff I picked up is really fine wire ? I picked up some other Items also.
Olive super floss and other things. I'm still tying, it is hard on the eyes though. Well I'm heading out for a while to do some work.
Signed Trout Blabber

#64591 - 01/22/02 12:19 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
I may go over and scout things out next month. Warm clothes and a little JW antifreeze. Nice that you are working on chronies, looking forward to seeing how they do. But with the great ZL as a teacher, I expect the Zen to work for you. Jose - I like the name. Just got back form Costa Rica, so I can add it to my limited Spanish vocabulary, which was limited to cervesa.
ZL - I understand about the wife's car. Can't take my wife's car anymore either, something about the flat tires and new front end gear box for the 4 wheel drive. The road wasn't that bad, REALLY!

Wasn't me on suggesting the Lake C clean-up. Like you, I wanted to see where it was, not sure that I could find it again anyway - but will try some day.
Clean-up 2002. How 'bout hitting the posted lake with clean up gear and seeing if we can get by the signs as a reward?
I'm up for anything, any time, just can't take the wife's car.
Mike can come blindfolded, as long as he brings the BBQ. Pictures to be edited prior to release!

#64592 - 01/22/02 12:25 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

It was me who suggested Lil cavanaugh. Did you guys not like it? It is good fishing and there are some really nice fish in there if you find them. The lake is full of those really small red shrimp. I time the shrimp were so thick they left a ring around my float tube! I'll be glad to take you up there M.B. and Zen . Lets go to this lake the Zen man is talking about.

#64593 - 01/22/02 12:25 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

MB A trip to Cady sounds like a good deal,but not until it warms up. I don't have a float tube,I have a pontoon boat. TM whats the difference between the end of Feb and the first if March. Heck it's still cold over there. Zen I thought about cranky old man,but I'm really not one.I just seem to sound that way. I have one question to ask you gentleman,what type of set-up do you use on lakes. Length of rod and type of line. I have two rods one's a 5wt 9' and the others a 6wt 9' with a sink tip and a floater. I ain't going to spend any more on fly fishing. Soon I'm going to have to be like TM and get a job to pay for all of this. Jim S. smile

#64594 - 01/22/02 12:29 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Jim S, I take 3 rods in my pontoon. a 2 wt 8'4"
with floating line, And 2 9' 4wts. with a sink tip and the other with a full sink. That way I can cover most area of water. By the way I'm still not working full time. The job today the woman cancelled untill tomarrow.

#64595 - 01/22/02 12:56 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Spawner

Jim,

I use 5wts for my fishing. I usually have two rods in my pram, one with floating and one with sinking.. or sometimes two with floating. Depends if I want one rod strictly for chronies.

Bill

#64596 - 01/22/02 12:58 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Trout Master,so you live in Edmonds huh. Maybe we could get together some time an swap lies as I'm retired and also have lots of time on my hands. I live in Marysville but I'm not against driving to meet some one. I'd go steelheading but all it wants to do is rain and too much rain is not good for river fishing.To much water. Jim S

#64597 - 01/22/02 06:23 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Fishboy5 Offline
Parr

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
Being I'm the future of fishing, I need something to keep my interest. Do any of you old farts have any secret lakes down here around Vancouver? There's no need to worry about me fishing them out, I don't even know how to cast yet. And I won't tell anyone, I don't know a single person that fly fishes.

I would get out and find my own lakes, if I could drive. Since I can't transport myself, I go to lakes that I know there are fish in.

#64598 - 01/22/02 06:59 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Old farts? He must be talking to Zen Leecher,or Jim S. or Fishingfella. Trout Master is not an old fart I just smell like one sometimes. I wish I could tell you some lakes down there but I've never fished that part of the state. sorry fbfive laugh

#64599 - 01/22/02 07:00 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Spawner

Fishboy,

We need some protocol here. Only old farts can address other old farts as old farts. We can also address young whippersnappers as young whippersnappers.

Young whippersnappers can only address other young whippersnappers as young whippersnappers. Never address old farts as old farts... bad protocol... and it makes them crotchety. Also elicits the remark of "the younger set isn't the same as it should be".

#64600 - 01/22/02 07:27 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Okay Zen,

Then how about us young whippersnappers referring to the old farts as "curmudgeons"? That okay? (Or am I getting to be an old fart, err, I mean curmugeon as well?) Just what is the dividing line, or is it relative?

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#64601 - 01/22/02 07:45 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Spawner

Uh... Andy... don't know how to tell you this, but I will be polite.

I don't have you in the whippersnapper category.

Fishboy may think you fall in the "old fart" class. Me, I don't as you're younger than me.

Maybe you are in that middle ground of not either group.

Remember, I was polite.

#64602 - 01/22/02 08:16 PM Re: Question for the REAL fishermen
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Micro Brew and I are whippersnapper's then. laugh

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |