Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#646544 - 12/20/10 10:53 PM Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

http://www.examiner.com/immigration-refo...-illegal-aliens

When New Mexico Governor-elect Susana Martinez takes office in a few weeks, one of her first priorities is to revoke the thousands of drivers’ licenses which have been issued by her state to illegal aliens in recent years.

In the wake of Arizona’s passage of SB1070, illegal aliens have been flocking to the states of New Mexico as the state does not currently require proof of citizenship to obtain a license.

Under open-borders advocate, Gov. Bill Richardson, New Mexico went even further and passed a law banning DMV clerks from asking an applicant if they are in the country legally.

The policy has made New Mexico a favorite with human smugglers and those who make their living from selling fraudulent documents.

A recent AP study examined data from the New Mexico DMV and found a surge in licenses issued to immigrants (both legal and illegal). In fact, there was an increase of 60 percent over those from the previous year, during a 10-week period following the passage of Arizona’s new immigration law.

The number of licenses issued to citizens during that same period, did not increase.

The following results were taken directly from the study:

— New Mexico issued 10,257 licenses to immigrants through the first six months of 2010, compared with 13,481 for all of 2009. The pace has intensified since April, when neighboring Arizona passed its immigration law. The figures include both illegal immigrants and legal residents from outside the U.S.

— New Mexico issued about 417 licenses a week to immigrants from the day after Arizona passed its law through July 1. That is a big jump from the 323 per week it was issuing from Jan. 1 to the day before the law passed.

In a recent CNN interview, Gov. Martinez said: “My focus has been on removing the driver's licenses and revoking those that have already been issued.”

She continued: “I don't support amnesty… there has to be some other way of dealing with the issue. It may be we identify individuals but we cannot just have a path to citizenship created when there are people in line already doing the proper things.”

#646550 - 12/20/10 11:19 PM Re: Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses [Re: bait dunker]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Martinez? Revoking licenses? Wow, this tells me that the issues are not ethnicity dependent. Good signs of focusing on issues rather than interest groups.
FWIW, I think Bill Richardson has been an overall stand up guy, focusing on issues along the way as well. Not sure of the political traps that got him here, but he has always been an outside the box guy as far as I could tell. I'm not sure if he is republican or democrat.

#646569 - 12/21/10 12:13 AM Re: Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses [Re: Doctor Rick]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
If DMV clerks were forbidden from asking if the appicant was in the country legally, how will they now know which licenses to revoke?

#646572 - 12/21/10 12:17 AM Re: Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses [Re: Doctor Rick]
Oregonian Offline
Three Time Spawner

Issuing driver license to illegal immigrants is behavior of a standup guy ? I'd hate to see what a spineless weasel would do !

#646574 - 12/21/10 12:24 AM Re: Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses [Re: Oregonian]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
If they plan to revoke the license of illegals, they obviously must know who these illegals are. If they know who they are, why don't they just deport them?

#646575 - 12/21/10 12:26 AM Re: Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses [Re: Dave Vedder]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Maybe they will run all names through ICE, those who come back as illegals would have their licenses revoked?

Richardson and Martinez are/were democrats if I recall.

#646577 - 12/21/10 12:33 AM Re: Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses [Re: bait dunker]
goharley Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: U.S. Army
So then will they send out a notice to the individual that their license has been revoked? If so, why not just go to the address and deport them?

Oh, fake address? Then what good is wasting tax dollars on revoking their license?

If they were really serious about controlling the illegal immigration problem, they'd start putting employers in jail. Period.

#646582 - 12/21/10 12:53 AM Re: Incoming New Mexico governor to revoke licenses [Re: goharley]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

I'm sure several states, Arizona included would deport if they could, but the Feds refuse to cooperate.

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 433 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645372 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |