THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 16 of 21 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#648160 - 12/26/10 10:27 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.
Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie
Originally Posted By: boater

If your aren't the same person then both of you are wrong.

your wrong

Twins rofl

thanks, todd actually knows what he`s talking about, unlike you clowns smile

#648163 - 12/26/10 10:35 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

I wish you would pay attention I posted this earlier today.
More than 28,000 more fish projected per year to catch over the 10 year average when Selective live capture begins.
Page 14 of this thread if you want to read the whole thing.

your basing that on the assumption that all the up river tribes will go to a new fishing method like the colvilles, that aint going to happen.

Wrong try again Bozo

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#648166 - 12/26/10 10:44 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: SBD]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: SBD
Actually if you read Oregon Attorney Generals interpretation of CCA's ballot measure this was exactly the intent, problem is they did such a good job of bullshiting everyone including WDFW's Miranda now their stuck with a mess they don't even have an answer for. Little Boys shouldn't play with fire you know..

(In your not so humble opinion) First of all, the initiative had to be changed due to an unfavorable interpretation. The timing will be much closer to the results of the testing. I realize that since Miranda has been quoted in an article last year, the commercial interests, like yourself do not support her or the Washington Commission and did their best to eliminate it in 2009 by turning the hunting groups against it in the eyes of the legislature.

Nothing has changed. We still have the same old mess.

#648169 - 12/26/10 10:57 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

I wish you would pay attention I posted this earlier today.
More than 28,000 more fish projected per year to catch over the 10 year average when Selective live capture begins.
Page 14 of this thread if you want to read the whole thing.

your basing that on the assumption that all the up river tribes will go to a new fishing method like the colvilles, that aint going to happen.

Maybe you think the Colville wont raise hell about their hatchery fish...

Should be getting the press release in your tribal newsletter pretty soon.

#648170 - 12/26/10 10:58 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Lucky Louie]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
"We also have to consider that some years the maximum fish available to harvest wasn’t achieved due to fishery closures because of high incidental impact being hit to early."

Last few years catchsharing is what shut down the fishery, we also have the problem of over predicting runs which causes the fisherman to excede the allowable impacts..It is a mess that's for sure.

There's a sucker born every minute

#648171 - 12/26/10 11:02 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

If your aren't the same person then both of you are wrong.

your wrong

Twins rofl

thanks, todd actually knows what he`s talking about, unlike you clowns smile

That really would be debatable.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#648172 - 12/26/10 11:04 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Lead ...CCA couldn't answer the same question when it was asked by the tribes, still can't answer it when it's being asked by the sports industry. Don't think they have an answer because it was never designed to be a workable plan, just a line of BS to get the voter's to eliminate the non tribal commercial fishery..Damn those guys at Oregon Attorneys Generals Office.... Right!

#648175 - 12/26/10 11:34 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: SBD]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Lead ...CCA couldn't answer the same question when it was asked by the tribes, still can't answer it when it's being asked by the sports industry. Don't think they have an answer because it was never designed to be a workable plan, just a line of BS to get the voter's to eliminate the non tribal commercial fishery..Damn those guys at Oregon Attorneys Generals Office.... Right!

You have that on tape of course?

#648179 - 12/26/10 11:47 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
A lot of me already knows, you wont give an inch for wild fish.

You are such a nut cracker....

I love wild fish, the real one's you know.... Not those with CWT's in their head or those misclips. You're group assisted in getting the non-ad clip Summer King fishery closed on the LCR when the clip rate was barely over 70%... That means theres a decent # of those non-clipped kings I worked so hard to catch (which were actually truly hatchery fish) I had to release... What's the point in fishing again? If I wanted to CnR fish all the time, I'd head to a all wild river without hatchery plants... To top it off, the summer king wild run is estimated healthy... Why can't I keep those again?

I'm still thinking you're a wild fish advocacy group....

Keith

#648180 - 12/26/10 11:55 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

No but there are some transcripts of a meeting I attended where a certain Houston based LNG group presented a plan to mitigate impacts by using selective fishing idea's being presented by another Houston based so called conservation group... thumbs

Edited by SBD (12/26/10 11:57 PM)

#648207 - 12/27/10 01:46 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: SBD]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

So you're ok with making allegations, but not worried about the proof. No moral problem with demonizing a non profit, involved in conservation.

Moving on....

No but there are some transcripts of a meeting I attended where a certain Houston based LNG group presented a plan to mitigate impacts by using
selective fishing idea's being presented by another Houston based so called conservation group... thumbs

Where can I get the transcripts?

http://tdn.com/news/local/article_8875ad54-5899-11df-a1a8-001cc4c002e0.html

Interesting that you don't have any harsh words for the mayor Diane Pohl. But Texas is fair game, even though the investment income could have come from any state. Its actually common for energy related companies to file Corporation papers in Texas. Northern Star Mining in Quebec is also filing for bankruptcy. Whether one is a partner of the other is anyones guess. If you look at Connecticut, its full of insurance companies.

On Wednesday, Clatskanie Mayor Diane Pohl called NorthernStar's collapse "a shame" and "a huge loss."
The terminal, she said, would have brought family wage jobs to the area, and some of the workers, no doubt, would have lived in Clatskanie, pumping dollars into the little town's economy.
"Hysteria and a lot of misinformation went around, and Bradwood hung around as long as they could," Pohl said. "It reflects on Oregon and the brutality of getting industry sited in this state. It's very difficult. It takes years, not months."

http://orsierraclub.wordpress.com/2010/0...eclare-victory/

Using SBD logic, if Salmon for all did not file a lawsuit to stop the LNG plant, then perhaps they also supported it. Seems to be the thought process.

#648209 - 12/27/10 02:01 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Here's the transcript of the last 2 pages of this thread so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

#648236 - 12/27/10 11:35 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Doctor Rick]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
DR .................... applause applause applause............. doh

#648254 - 12/27/10 12:19 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Rivrguy]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

He has a point. Some people just want to lash out at the closest target. A feeling of weakness against larger and more isolated targets like the dept.

Then again, a lot of people like a certain stock and the financial show always puts on the short sellers, telling you its going to go down and why. Thomas Edison fried an Elephant on AC current to scare people from the idea of AC current and favor DC current. Nikoli Tesla took a lot of heat for his position. Yet DC current was expensive and impractical. Edison had a financial interest in DC current. Tough to prove who has a financial interest in keeping the status quo, or those who want to protect others who do.

#648272 - 12/27/10 12:49 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Ten years ago, dam operators, aluminum producers and irragators were all saying it's not the dams, it's harvest.
Sound familiar?

#648289 - 12/27/10 01:36 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
A lot of me already knows, you wont give an inch for wild fish.

Let me hit at this one more time....

Wild Winter Steelhead are one of the few fish that get's my blood flowing. I love the chance at that 30 pounder..

But, fact is I don't beleive the gillnets are the demise of our wild winter steelhead. By all means they are a small fraction of the factor but by putting "selective" nets in the LCR I don't see it changing our wild fish #'s that we get by more than 10%. The real problem is being exposed right under our nose, the evidence is just too deep. It's so evident when you look at the few strong runs of wild fish steelhead/salmon, there sure isn't much if any hatchery fish mingling in those systems...

Take the North Fork of the Lewis for example, it has a strong run of LRB's (true wild fall kings). This river hasn't had any hatchery supplementation in 25 or more years, sure it has a handful of Tule strays but that's it.

Take the EF of the Lewis. In my younger years you'd catch 1 or 2 wild summer runs in a season right along the side of the 60-100 hatchery fish you'd catch... Now that they've slowly cut the hatchery plants over the years from 100,000+ to 15,000 smolt in 2009, we catch good #'s of wild summer steelhead there now.

Take the Kalama river, it has almost always met escapement for wild winter steelhead. With a falls that sorts hatchery fish out of the system and let's the wild fish go by to the upper river to spawn.

Take the Grays River, it has almost always met escapement for wild winter steelhead.. It has a hatchery on the West Fork which is a side creek that draws a large # of the hatchery fish from the Grays River....

Take the Wind River which hasn't planted hatchery fish since 2001 (?), it has taken away hatchery plants and now sees great wild #'s which it never used to have when I was younger...

The writing is on the wall. The evidence is being discussed by the higher powers but it's just hard to believe until you really put the pieces of the puzzle together...

Keith

#648300 - 12/27/10 02:44 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Illahee]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: freespool
Ten years ago, dam operators, aluminum producers and irragators were all saying it's not the dams, it's harvest.
Sound familiar?

yes, you keep repeating it in the hope of drawing all of our time and resources into that black hole. I say tear all the dams down and a lot of members would agree. We just are not ready to live in the dark. When you get the approval for the nuke plants, let me know. We have a coal fired electrical plant in Centrailia and Ive talked to one of their people. They are constantly being attacked. You really think Judge Redden could not have concluded this case years earlier? How come you arent all over his ass?

They spend around a billion per year on habitat (rumor?) and yet the escape numbers have not been raised. Solving harvest issues is one method of backing that group into a corner. BTW commercial harvest threats are never dead. When the fish come back, so do they.

Maybe you should read the Fish Commissioners reports from 1890 again.

#648313 - 12/27/10 03:17 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Keith,

Are you out of the closet as a wild fish fanatic. rofl

You dont have tribal harvest on steelhead on most of those rivers. Dont tell me its not harvest. I m not letting the dams off the hook either.

We have a little river up here in king county called the green. Historically, there were no pinks in that river. They found a few and years went by and the numbers went up and up. Last year, they estimated the river count at more than 5 million fish.

There is a dam up high, but a watershed behind it. The last mile of water is blocked due to 911. Until 2009, I dont think a pink season was available. Our NoF rep had to come up gear that would be approved by the state and the tribes so that we didnt snag all the kings. They came up with a 1/2 inch gap on a barbless hook. Limit was around six. All wild.

Im told there will be some commercial harvest next year.

#648314 - 12/27/10 03:18 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

I was there when they said it over and over again in their testimony that supported the four lower Snake River dams.
It was wrong then and it's still wrong now, one only needs to look at the results of curtailed harvest of wild steelhead over the last 25 years, harvest reform my a$$.

#648318 - 12/27/10 03:35 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Illahee]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Who is THEY?

I dont know enough about wild steelhead populations in either state. I do know we have in river steelhead harvest (except SW Wa.) and apparently, Oregon does not.
It still looks like you want to give someone in harvest a pass. At every level of the population there is a point of overharvest. When the runs suck like they do in washington, we cannot afford tribal harvest. I cant speak for Oregon.

Page 16 of 21 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 985 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |