THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 17 of 21 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#648325 - 12/27/10 04:05 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: Lead Bouncer
Keith,

You dont have tribal harvest on steelhead on most of those rivers. Dont tell me its not harvest. I m not letting the dams off the hook either.

Laugh all you want...

We don't have tribal harvest on the rivers I speak of for steelhead or salmon. We don't have any harvest except the incidental kill with the nets and as I stated earlier, that's not much.

The Lewis River Bright's (Fall fish) have withstood extreme harvest through the 90's and early 2000's. They missed escapement for one year and it has been shut down since. Escapement is set at 6600 fish, this years return was predicted at 12,000. 2009's run was predicted at roughly 10,000 and the run came in right about that... Plenty of room for harvest, but groups stand in the way of letting us at those fish.

Again, plenty of harvest on these fish and I mean plenty over the years. We've more than took our share as well as the netters in the LCR. But the run is still healthy. Again, no HATCHERY fish in that system... Interesting isn't it?

Keith

#648326 - 12/27/10 04:07 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

I dont know enough about wild steelhead populations in either state.

I'm not sure you know much about fishing in general let alone what rivers get what for returns... Might help if you get out a bit before you start running your mouth.

Keith

#648329 - 12/27/10 04:15 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Fast and Furious Offline
River Nutrients

Its sound like you dont want hatchery fish. Selective harvest is only going enable hatchery production. Therefore you dont want selective harvest. That could fit the agenda of a few other people.

Am I close or should I hit the river and try again?

#648332 - 12/27/10 04:17 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: common sense ave.

Until 2009, I dont think a pink season was available.

rolleyes

#648335 - 12/27/10 04:36 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Fast and Furious]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Its sound like you dont want hatchery fish. Selective harvest is only going enable hatchery production. Therefore you dont want selective harvest. That could fit the agenda of a few other people.

Am I close or should I hit the river and try again?

No, what I'm saying is it doesn't matter what your group (CCA) does in the LCR. Even if "selective" harvest was implemented it won't do [censored] except take hatchery fish from the sportsman for the time being. Sooner than later you'll realize that hatchery fish are the problem and they will slowly be taken away. Sucks but true... So let us harvest on the wild populations that can sustain it... CR SUMMER KINGS, LEWIS RIVER BRIGHTS.... Ironically you're group has supported stopping this...

You ever actually meet Gary Loomis? He's a much different guy now than he was in his younger years... He's all about protecting the wild fish and those fall kings are his pet fish...

Keith

#648340 - 12/27/10 05:12 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Illahee]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Freespool,

They still are saying that it's harvest. So yes, it sounds familiar. And this thread is familiar in its inanity.

Sg

#648348 - 12/27/10 05:34 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Salmo g.]
Rivrguy Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Somewhere on the planet,I hope
SG the thread was interesting until the girls got into a cat fight!

#648405 - 12/27/10 10:00 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Rivrguy]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

#648411 - 12/27/10 10:32 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
(which were actually truly hatchery fish) I had to release... Keith

Keith were the dorsal fin's about a 1/2" tall? The reason I'm asking is I caught a couple of summer runs back in Sept. that were Idaho bound that have the nick name "stubbies". The Indians don't clip their Adipose fin's. Sucked releasing those brutes.

Just curious.

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#648420 - 12/27/10 10:49 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Magicfly]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Originally Posted By: Magicfly
Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
(which were actually truly hatchery fish) I had to release... Keith

Keith were the dorsal fin's about a 1/2" tall? The reason I'm asking is I caught a couple of summer runs back in Sept. that were Idaho bound that have the nick name "stubbies". The Indians don't clip their Adipose fin's. Sucked releasing those brutes.

Just curious.

Mf

I was actually speaking of the summer kings, but have seen a lot of that with the summer steelhead. Those dorsals get the hatchery rash when they're smolt...

Keith

#648422 - 12/27/10 11:04 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: stlhdr1]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
I don't fish summer kings, and I just was curious if the sk's "hatchery rash" is similar to the summer steelhead. Wondered if the sk's & ss are from the same tribe, by chance.

Thanks

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#648483 - 12/28/10 10:49 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Magicfly]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
Definition of INANITY. 1: the quality or state of being inane: as a: lack of substance : emptiness b: vapid, pointless, or fatuous character : shallowness

Sg:

Way to go......had to use my resourses to look up another word.....Thanks....

Kinda wish we could start 2011.....with this "thead being shut down".

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#648534 - 12/28/10 02:10 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: DrifterWA]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: DrifterWA

Kinda wish we could start 2011.....with this "thead being shut down".

so you dont think this issue should be a concern to sportfisherman ??

#648574 - 12/28/10 05:56 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Boater,

I doubt it. The issue should be of concern to most. However these threads always go sideways with posts that are sarcastic to idiotic, like yours, posts in response to posts 6 or 12 posts earlier without referencing them, posts that just lob fuel on a fire with no constructive or informative intent whatever, like many of yours. You seem to think it's an important subject, and you contribute unproductive posts endlessly, so I have to conclude you're really only here for the perverse entertainment with no intent toward constructive discussion. I guess another possibility is that you're the idiot that some posters call you.

Sg

#648707 - 12/29/10 12:46 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Salmo g.]
DrifterWA Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: East of Aberdeen, West of Mont...
What ya think???????

Have a good New Year............

Edited by DrifterWA (12/29/10 12:48 AM)

"I thought growing older, would take longer"

#648766 - 12/29/10 11:29 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Salmo g.]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Boater,

I doubt it. The issue should be of concern to most. However these threads always go sideways with posts that are sarcastic to idiotic, like yours, posts in response to posts 6 or 12 posts earlier without referencing them, posts that just lob fuel on a fire with no constructive or informative intent whatever, like many of yours. You seem to think it's an important subject, and you contribute unproductive posts endlessly, so I have to conclude you're really only here for the perverse entertainment with no intent toward constructive discussion. I guess another possibility is that you're the idiot that some posters call you.

Sg

a typical response from a non-thinking cca member

#648773 - 12/29/10 11:49 AM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Lucky Louie Offline
Carcass

Originally Posted By: boater
Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie

For giggles and grins let&#146;s say this is a hearing and here is your chance to present why the tribe should not be entitled to their share.

i dont recall anyone saying that the tribes would not get there share, plus your focusing to much of spring chinook as there are other runs of salmon in that river that this new commercial method will effect.

Most folks on here would agree that the tribes are entitled and will receive 50% of the Selective live capture additional harvest windfall that gill nets can’t catch due to the 2% incidental impact cap and the high mortality of gill nets.
When the allocation balance of commercial and sport takes place the tribes will receive their 50% according to US VS Oregon management plan and that will leave a savings of around ½ of the ESA listed normally killed in gill nets to continue their swim upriver when selective live capture gear is implemented.
Todd has said it can’t happen in a layered generalization oratorical way without any substantial facts other than it just can’t happen. Well I think you are just as WRONG today as you have been for over the past year.

You and your followers have continuously bashed people and organizations over this subject for over a year due to the inability to do the homework letting ignorance fuel the continuous prejudices about the new kid on the block.

I suggest that the highly contested---” gill net VS selective live capture gear equals no ESA listed saving” is incorrect and that 50 % ESA listed can be saved by using the new selective capture gear.

Myth busted.

Edited by Lucky Louie (12/29/10 11:58 AM)

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them

#648786 - 12/29/10 12:24 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Lucky Louie]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

L Louie,

Just because you suggest something, and include your reasoning, doesn't equal myth busting. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. The legal standard for persuasion in arguments or debate of this sort is clear, cogent, and convincing evidence. And it's generally missing from 99% of the posts in these on-going threads.

Sg

#648788 - 12/29/10 12:25 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: boater]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: boater
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Boater,

Sg

a typical response from a non-thinking cca member

And a typical unconstructive and useless post by Boater. Hell, I'm even on your side in this, you idiot!

Sg

#648796 - 12/29/10 12:45 PM Re: will selective com. fishing ruin sportfishing ? [Re: Lucky Louie]
boater Offline
Three Time Spawner

Originally Posted By: Lucky Louie
[

I suggest that the highly contested---” gill net VS selective live capture gear equals no ESA listed saving” is incorrect and that 50 % ESA listed can be saved by using the new selective capture gear.

one of the guiding principals for the wdfw is the new Hatchery and Fishery Reform policy http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/policies/c3619.html, one of the guiding principals in that is the 21st Century Salmon and Steelhead Initiative http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00036/draft_framework_20090131.pdf, now, for some unknown reason your thinking that gillnets are going away and we are going to a total new commercial harvest method and i`d have to ask "where did you wish you heard that" ?, i`d suggest that you ask who ever it was that told you that why the 21st century initiative calls for having a net drop out study done by the year 2040 is there that much drop out in purse seines or beach seines ?, plus, do you realy think the non-tribal commercials are going to give up harvesting upriver brights ??, i dont.

Page 17 of 21 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |