Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65063 - 03/07/02 01:57 PM Re: fishing PowerBait Lake
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Might as well fish Martha (at WARM beach) this weekend Fellas.
I woke up to 18 degrees and 3" of powdered snow on my deck.
The fishes ain't a gonna like this. Don't come East this weekend.

#65064 - 03/07/02 02:34 PM Re: fishing PowerBait Lake
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
FF why do you want to go there. They haven't planted it yet and from what I here the fishing hasn't picked up yet as it is cold over here also. 27 yesterday. Heck it even snowed last night. Just keep tying all those good flies that you tie. I won't make it over that way till it warms up alittle more. These old bones need just alittle more sun light. Jim S. laugh laugh

#65065 - 03/07/02 11:41 PM Re: fishing PowerBait Lake
Sparse Grey Hackle Offline
Alevin

Loc: Seattle, WA
Hey Zen. Didn't mean to expose you today. Luckily, I don't think that many of the guys in the club know this site. Speaking of clubs, you should join me in that trip to the lake in a couple of weeks. Its the 23rd and 24th of the month. It is actally considered an outing, but I doubt I'll get more than a handfull of people coming along. Vern's got me in charge of the thing. Maybe you can bring along a "Powerbugger!" and show the club what's up!

#65066 - 03/11/02 11:49 AM Re: fishing PowerBait Lake
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Tyler,

I did a worm fly for a BC fly swap... but will leave the power bugger for someone else to invent.

Jim Lemert did a deer hair yellow rubber duckie years ago. Guess every body has to do something odd.

You should drag crowds of people to other lakes.. and not this one. Take them into Dusty.. or some other lake that requires a little walk. Harris for that matter. Let them slog through sand.

#65067 - 03/11/02 04:56 PM Re: fishing PowerBait Lake
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
I tied a super looking worm fly too,with some "made for worms" chinelle I got up in BC. Now
to find some place it works. Tried it several times with no result. Maybe Chopaka? One time up there I threw a worm in from a mudpuddle and waz surprized to see a 16"er dart in and grab it.
Snuck out to a walk in lake in the Potholes yesterday. Nice calm morning but cold. Water waz 1 degree colder than when I waz there two weeks ago. You'd think we were heading for winter.
I dredged up 4 in 4 hours with bloodworms. Then walked to another lake nearby and got in on what started to be a hot chironomid bite around 2 PM (in 38 degree water). I had landed 4 to 16" in 1/2 hour when the wind came up 30-35MPH and put an end to everything.
Now the weather forecast looks like we been sentenced to Lower Slobovia.Don't know when I'll get out again. frown

#65068 - 03/11/02 06:05 PM Re: fishing PowerBait Lake
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
FF - Thanks for the info. I didn't like the water temp though, same as when I was over the first of March. I was hoping for heat wave to kick it up to the mid 40's. May rethink my trip this weekend.

Glad you picked up a few.

#65069 - 03/22/02 09:30 AM Re: fishing PowerBait Lake
Banock Offline
Parr

Loc: Oakville, Wa.
Zen,
I truely appreciate your words of wisdom on powerbait, it seems as you are truely the zen master, to be a master you need to try and understand all types of your chosen hobby. I try to fish as many different ways that I can, but the old shoulders can't take the constant casting anymore, so I've regressed to a bait fisher. If anyone is interested in learning the finer art of powerbait fishing, I would be more than happy to teach them all that I can. This offer in from the heart and not advisarial (spelling).
And conservation, I do know what that means, as I work for a local conservation district, I am now the water quality coordinator/ Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program coordinator, also I have 10 years experience in salmon habitat restoration, (just so you all can see I'm not someone who does not understand conservation).
By the way I have won 5 fishing derbies using powerbait, the largest fish in those derbies was 28" and weighed 3pounds 8 oz. I wish you all well and hope that you all continue to enjoy this great sport in whatever manner you want to.
Banock

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 332 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |