THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#651407 - 01/07/11 05:38 PM Will this make a difference to McDonalds?
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
I received the following from a friend and was wondering if this guys campaign would get the attention of other PP members. I don't eat at McDonald, but interested to see if it was really a concern that American beef is served there.

MUST READ ABOUT MCDONALDS

THIS IS A GOOD DECENT MAN WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WRITE THIS AND: HE SIGNED THE STATEMENT AND: INCLUDED HIS CONTACT INFO:

READ ON

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the issues here. But to those of us whose living depends on the cattle market, selling cattle, raising the best beef possible... This is frustrating. This will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink. The original message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association American cattle producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact felt.

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a paper stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow.. South Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of their beef from South America . The problem is that South Americans aren't under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at risk from now on by eating at g ood old McDonald's..

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is what Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...and those 300 send it to at l east ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... And so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you? Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on..

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.
ACAP Department of Animal Science
Texas A&M University
Phone (979) 845-3560
Fax (979) 862-3399
2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#651412 - 01/07/11 05:49 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: John Lee Hookum]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
NAFTA.

much like many of the fruits and vegetables we consume here in the US. Pesticides that have been banned here and human waste for fertilizer. We want cheap produce so we import. jokes on us.

Just say no to Wal-mart and try to buy local.

#651415 - 01/07/11 05:59 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: big moby]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
This is why I have chickens.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#651416 - 01/07/11 05:59 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: big moby]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
I wonder what Oprahs take on this is?

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#651420 - 01/07/11 06:06 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: big moby]
donno Offline
The Cool kid

Loc: baker prairie
The Snopes report on this is well worth reading.

#651424 - 01/07/11 06:15 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: big moby]
Excitable Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: fuctifino
I have no interest in McDonalds, financial or otherwise. You guys might want to read these articles before forwarding this kind of stuff.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/mcdbeef.asp

http://www.aboutmcdonalds.com/mcd/students/did_you_know/beefhoaxinfo.html
Come on down where we can play
Come on down to my boat baby
Come on down we'll sail away.

#651428 - 01/07/11 06:27 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Excitable Bob]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Termite Country
If you're looking for a reason to boycott McDonald's just watch Morgan Spurlock's documentary Supersize Me.

#651436 - 01/07/11 06:40 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: ]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
.........or use common sense..............

For the average consumer of the fine cuisine at the establishment in question,........

I would say that statement is not applicable. thumbs

#651439 - 01/07/11 07:02 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: StinkingWaters]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Originally Posted By: StinkingWaters
If you're looking for a reason to boycott McDonald's just watch Morgan Spurlock's documentary Supersize Me.

Sorry, but Morgan Spurlock was such a whiney bitch in that crap film.

I eat and McDonalds once a month or so, usually a double QP w/ cheese. This is moderation (yes, a 1/2 pound of fat and salt can be eaten in one sitting and be considered moderation). Also, the crap about taking the toys out of the meals is a pile of crap. Tell the parents to show some self control instead of having to run to a lawmaker to "save everyone." (Beside, how will I ever complete my beenie baby collection?)

Time for my food baby to leave me now. Those double QP's w/ chees have a 3 day gestation period.

#651444 - 01/07/11 07:21 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Dogfish]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I love a hot Bigmac every now and then....mmmmmmm beer

- Albert Einstein.

#651446 - 01/07/11 07:30 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Dogfish]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

JLH always has some tin foil hat BS stories to forward. I just automatically dismiss anything he posts as LWWJ propaganda.

#651448 - 01/07/11 07:46 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Dogfish]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Don't think I advocated anywhere to legislate away McDonald's Andy. People are free ingest whatever they want as far as I'm concerned. Just so long as they don't come whining to me to subsidize the cost of their health insurance when they've spent a lifetime sucking down whoppers and curly fries.

Hell, I'm guilty of intaking a Texas Whopper once in awhile myself. Although, after watching that film I went without fastfood for a good four years and never really felt better.

Almost anything is OK in moderation. Although when it comes to your health,....... the smart money isn't in Bic Macs.

#651473 - 01/07/11 09:01 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: StinkingWaters]
Keta Offline
Repeat Spawner

I used to eat at McDonalds once in a while but the thought of eating ammonia treated slaughter house fat scraps kinda made me lose my appetite for fast food. Google "pink slime".

#651504 - 01/07/11 10:22 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: StinkingWaters]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound

+1

Not Frozen Yogurt:

That's the goop they feed to kids before they bread it, cook it and spray it with butane lighter fluid to keep it crispy.

#651508 - 01/07/11 10:28 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Irie]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

McNuggets?

- Albert Einstein.

#651517 - 01/07/11 10:37 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Irie]
StinkingWaters Offline
Repeat Spawner

Originally Posted By: Irie

+1

Not Frozen Yogurt:

That's the goop they feed to kids before they bread it, cook it and spray it with butane lighter fluid to keep it crispy.

Mmmmmmmm yogurt. doh

#651532 - 01/07/11 11:28 PM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: StinkingWaters]
Chuck E Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kitsap Peninsula
That pink stuff looks nastier than Courtney Love.

#651556 - 01/08/11 12:44 AM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Chuck E]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

That's pretty nasty

#651570 - 01/08/11 01:53 AM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
I quit feeding that schit to my daughter when I found out they spayed butane all over the McNuggets.

Then I watched Supersize Me, which caused McDonald's to switch to "all white meat" McNuggets.

Then I saw Fastfood Nation.

Then I saw Food, Incorporated.

Mickey D's has 'outsourced' their beef production to skip around USDA inspections, which are lax and weak enough as it is, since at least the 1980's.
If it's so awful they have to hide it in unsupervised 3rd world slaughterhouses and processing plants, me and mine aren't putting that schit, and I do mean schit, in our stomachs.

I'm no hippy vegan douche by any means, but really, who wants to eat cowturds?

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is ScHIT in your food and it comes packaged with a big yellow schit-eattin' grin.

I'll trust a junky-ass filthy taco truck over a corporate chain any day.
The taco truck at least has an occasional inspection and the meat comes from local butcher shops which buy from local suppliers, not from some secretive slave-labor factory in the Amazon jungle.

#651571 - 01/08/11 02:04 AM Re: Will this make a difference to McDonalds? [Re: Irie]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

El Rays in Centralia. World's best taco truck chicken burrito, bar none. Of course, they were so good they went from a taco truck, to an old Metro bus, to a full on brick & mortar restaurant. Gotta love it when someone makes great food from scratch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |