Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65256 - 03/21/02 05:11 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Banock Offline
Parr

Loc: Oakville, Wa.
Right on Stacie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stacie, check my web site for some ideas on ethics and etiquette.
Banock

#65257 - 03/21/02 06:02 PM Re: Powerbait issue
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
fishnfellaS, you should take your ill will and attitude towards bait fisherman over to the NW fishing board and see what kind of response you get. I'm sure calling all the salmon and steelhead fishermen over there non-sporting because they use bait will go over real well. I think this topic applies to that situation as well because of the hatchery vs. native issues surrounding our rivers. Good luck.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#65258 - 03/21/02 06:04 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Why does it seem like all younger people like to pick on older type people. I used to use power bait but now I just fly fish and really enjoy it. When I take my granddaughter fishing at a put and take lake I let her use power bait as she won't touch any worms,and she isn't cordinated enough to fly fish. Besides by being a grumpy old man I don't have the patience to teach her. As my moniker says. old man. rolleyes

#65259 - 03/21/02 06:11 PM Re: Powerbait issue
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
My final post on this issue to the baiters whom I have incised.

I go out of my way to provoke your ire for several reasons.
1. You EARN little respect from me. You seem to think respect is a right.
It's not a right,it is earned by doing the right things.
Police your own, the sportsmen among you see the violations that have
been mentioned and do nothing The F&G Dept can't do it all. In some cases
the landowners of good fishing lakes and ponds are so sick of the pigs among
you they have closed off their waters.

2. Give way to more of our waters converting over to Quality fisheries. Support this
and enjoy it by learning to flyfish or single lure barbless lure fish and release
your catch correctly. You will never have quality fishing for your efforts to
progress to unless you do. I see too many of you complaining about small
fish. Do you not understand that you will never have a 15" fish to catch if
you jerk them out at 9" and eat them all.

3. Do not assume as one poster did that the F&G Dept. only function is to plant
a new batch of trout just for you to jerk out and eat and the world will come to an end if you don't
get em all this year, so F&G will have to plant a new batch next year. Learn
what conservation really is. I swear some of you must think it's saving your
hooks from rusting so you can use them over next time.
Part of it is the economics of running a meat program as F&G prioritizes their
efforts on currently. It's a loosing battle of diminishing returns.

Wish I could say it's been a good debate, but I can't.

frown
Weather is improving......Etsssss fish!

#65260 - 03/21/02 06:16 PM Re: Powerbait issue
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Thanks Stace - you summed it up great!

#65261 - 03/21/02 06:16 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
Why do youngsters pick on older types..... fairly simple to me Jim. They have a problem with authority.

I've checked the profiles of a couple of the gripers on here. One is still a student, another is unemployed. A third one: I'm not sure of.

So, it's the standard thing of kids wanting to show their attitude.

They'd argue about it even it the statement was "they have five fingers on one hand".

I've got an idea... let's get an under 30 lake clean up going and see how many volunteer. I think the youngest on the first clean up was 42. Jim was the oldest.

#65262 - 03/21/02 06:22 PM Re: Powerbait issue
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

I'm not sure how that relates to this discussion??

I know many more 50 and older fisherman who are bait fisherman that fly fisherman.

The point is, we all need to repect eachother, help teach others proper fishing ethics and respect for the environment, follow the regs, and how to safely enjoy the sport that we all love - no matter what particular form that takes on.

#65263 - 03/21/02 07:17 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zen Leecher aka Bill W:
I've checked the profiles of a couple of the gripers on here. One is still a student, another is unemployed. A third one: I'm not sure of.
Zen, if you lost your job and were currently unemployed, would that make you any less of a responsible citizen?? what exactly do you mean to say with those kinds of comments??

i know that comment wasn't directed at me...but truthfully, are you that upset that you will resort to personal attacks?? whats next, name calling??

myself, i have never used powerbait (not because i have anything against it, i just havent gotten around to using it, thats all), but i do use bait sometimes, i also use hardware probably most of the time, and i also fly fish from time to time. i would NEVER look down on someone for the way they choose to pursue a fish, as long as they follow the regs like the rest of us do then that person is ok in my book.

#65264 - 03/21/02 07:24 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Banock Offline
Parr

Zen,
I am 52 years old and am fully employed, just for your information.
Banock

#65265 - 03/21/02 07:57 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Hey guys, catch any fish lately? Thought not. Can't we all just be friends???? We are all grumpy, and fishin' season is just around the corner.

I regularly go both ways. eek Fly and spin. Both methods have their place, and I will always teach my sons that there is usually more than just one way to do something. Experiment, see what you like. Teach someone else who doesn't know what bait fishing is how to do it, teach them the effectiveness of spinners, or show them how to use a casting bubble for flies. If you don't know how to fish a particular method, ask someone.

The same argument comes up between bow and rifle hunter, guys who like the 9mm vs the .45 acp, and Ford vs Chevy. Do you think that the gentler sex, please take no offense Stacie, argues about whether a 10 amp vaccuum is needed for deep pile vs a 12 amp model? Well, if they do I would certainly be laughing at them.

Maybe we all need to take a trip to a trout farm.
Go catch a fish! Okay?

Zen, you still owe me a fly lesson. See, even Zen is doing his part.

Andy, the bi-fisherman.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#65266 - 03/21/02 08:11 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver
No offence taken, although I couldn't tell you what horsepower my vacuum was. I'm not realy an active Domestic *******. laugh

And while the guys in the office might argure you me being put among the gentler sex, I thank you!

HA HA HA HA

You are right. There are two sides to each activity. People can't be expected to like just ONE thing.

It's like my swordfighting. There aren't a lot of girls that do it, but there are a few. Now there is a certain group of guys that will say women do not belong on the battle field. Then you have a group that does support it. Doesn't mean one is more right than the other (although I will be more than happy to whoop some you know what for the ones that think we can't fight!).

We all just like different things. THANKFULLY!! Makes the world much more interesting.

laugh laugh laugh

#65267 - 03/21/02 08:12 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Hey ******* isn't a bad word, how come the asteriks showed up!!!

Gees, I don't want someone to think I said a bad word!!

#65268 - 03/21/02 08:13 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Stacie L. Kelsey Offline
Returning Adult

Fine, I'll spell it backwards ssedog.

Mike, what's up with that??

smile

#65269 - 03/21/02 09:37 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Edfireball Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Oakville, WA
I find some of the attitudes very interesting. I will tell all of the people that think bait fishermen are slobs, when I return from the bank or boat launch, I ALWAYS return with more trash than I arrived with. I really can't believe that some people cannot pick up after theirselves. So please refrain from classifying all bait fishermen as slobs.

In short, I think that just like an opinion, I believe that we all should be able to fish in the manner that appeals to us. I believe fly fishermen have the right to fish that way, as I have the right to fish with bait (of course,on lakes that it is approved).

In my previous post, I did not mean to offend anyone concerning the father and son issue. I do realize that there are quite a few mothers and daughters that enjoy the sport also.

As for fishnfellas, I am also glad you are on the east side. I don't understand your attitude. Who are you to think that anyone is looking for YOUR respect? You need to come down off of your pedistal. It is easier to reach the water from down here where we are!

#65270 - 03/21/02 10:17 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Banock Offline
Parr

Dogfish,
I heard the other day that the pond at the end of old sand creek rd. had some pretty nice bass in it. Do you know anything about it.
Banock

#65271 - 03/21/02 10:46 PM Re: Powerbait issue
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
Hey Zen, I think I'm probably the 3rd person in your profile quest and I didn't list an occupation because it's nobodys concern except my wife. I am under 30, 28 to be exact and have been at the same job for over 6yrs. If you can pick a lake to clean up in the north end and I'm not at work, I work alot of OT and weekends, I'll be there. I need more than a weeks notice though.

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#65272 - 03/21/02 11:23 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
How about a little less time on the ol' computer and a little more time on the water actually doing a little fishing. GEEEEEEEEZZZZZ. :p

#65273 - 03/21/02 11:55 PM Re: Powerbait issue
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Stacie,
I have no idea why the filter does what it does. Seemed OK to me.
Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion. Even if you don't agree with what the other person is saying, at least you're getting a chance to hear it. And that isn't a bad thing. It floored me when I logged on and found 55 posts!

#65274 - 03/22/02 12:39 AM Re: Powerbait issue
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Mike and Stace - the 'g' word is blocked because it refers to a certain female 'guide' who recently flipped her drift boat on the OP. She is banned from Bob's PP site since she apparently caused a LOT of trouble over there...

#65275 - 03/22/02 02:33 AM Re: Powerbait issue
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Banock,

That lake in question is home to a fair number of bass AND bluegill. There are also some perch there. Never caught a trout there, but we will see. If you see a guy with two little boys in a green jonboat, that will be me. Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1307 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |