Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65310 - 03/20/02 11:23 PM LAke washington trouw
Bait Bum Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Coal Creek
I've heard alot about lake washington trout and it seems their are some nice ones. My only question is how and where do you catch them if you dont have a boat.

#65311 - 03/20/02 11:28 PM Re: LAke washington trouw
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Hi Bait Bum,
There are many places all around the lake you can fish from shore. The west side of the lake has a long stretch of shoreline from a couple miles above Seward park and souht of the park. There are all kinds of piers you can fish from in that area as well.
Catching methods depend on your preferences, but certainly if your moniker indicates your fishing style, you can't go wrong with power bait or worms. Casting small spinners should be pretty effective as well from the shoreline.
Good luck!

#65312 - 03/21/02 12:02 PM Re: LAke washington trouw
TRAUT Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: HIDING
A little closer to Coal Creek, there is a nice public fishing dock north of the Coulon Park, also at Enatai Beach just under the East Channel I-90 bridge there is a dock you can fish from. To get to Enatai, from I-90, go north on Bellevue Way and turn left at the first signal light, just past the Park and Ride. Go up over the hill and down the other side to get to the dock. A slip sinker rig with bait works well from a dock. After your bait reaches the bottom, give the line just enough slack to take the pressure off the rod tip. Watch the rod tip, when a trout picks up the bait, the line will slip through the sinker and the rod tip will signal the bite. Make sure to have enough slack in the line so that any waves from passing boats won't jiggle the rod tip giving you a false alarm. Also remember to buy your new fishing license if you didn't yet. GOOD LUCK!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |