THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#654105 - 01/14/11 07:37 PM Who is on the Divorce list.
Achewter Offline

Loc: N of Seattle
Wondering percentage of divorced guys on this board and if fishing was ever blamed in any way for the failed relationship. Live in girlfriends count and any of you Homos can play too.

I'll start. Found out it was happening to me the day I got back from a trip to Kodiak.

1 for 1

#654111 - 01/14/11 07:49 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Achewter]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Came home from springer fishing to find the apt cleaned out, and my wife of 8 mo. gone. (This was quite a few years ago...)

#654119 - 01/14/11 07:55 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ]
F-J Offline
Fry

Married 18 years and had the fishing bug long before she ever came into the picture. I did warn her well in advance about the fish called Steelhead and my addiction to them.

Edited by F-J (01/14/11 07:56 PM)

#654123 - 01/14/11 08:03 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: F-J]
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
I met my wife at the resort I guided at for 15 years, she knew going in what she was in for and has never once complained, hell alot of times she tells me I should go fishing/hunting!
11+ years and going strong.

#654124 - 01/14/11 08:06 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: stam
....I can give fishing credit/blame to my remaining single.

You mean you can give it the credit, don't you, rather than the blame?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#654128 - 01/14/11 08:15 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Todd]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
20 years on the first go around, we actually got along fine when I was never home. Working on 2 years on the second marrige, if 2 was 1 I'm pretty sure she would have been the only 1.

There's a sucker born every minute

#654134 - 01/14/11 08:21 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: SBD]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper
I'm not on the divorce list yet.

#654136 - 01/14/11 08:26 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: fish4brains]
sykofish Offline
I'm not short, I'm 'fun size'

Loc: Mulletville
When I got married I was still guiding. Any women smart enough to marry a fishing guide who was gone 6 months out of the year is a keeper!

18 years now, and she still kicks me out of the house because I have an attitude and tells me to go fishing.

She keeps me fat and happy. I plan to keep her around for many more years.

Rusty Bell

#654137 - 01/14/11 08:28 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: fish4brains]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Is there a wannabe list ?

#654147 - 01/14/11 08:48 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Direct-Drive]
Sebastes Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Monroe,WA.
I met my wife to be 52 years ago at a college dance when I was fresh out of the Navy. She told me about catching her first Steelhead and I was hooked.

We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in June and if I live another ten years, I'm looking forward to our 60th.

#654148 - 01/14/11 08:49 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Direct-Drive]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive
Is there a wannabe list ?

TFF!

- Albert Einstein.

#654152 - 01/14/11 08:54 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Sol Duc]
steely slammer Offline
Three Time Spawner

first thing i say when im about to start a serious relationship..(i fish alot if you dont like it dont start) then they know...I only had one wife who biatched about my fishing.. but then again she biatched about everything..

mainly region 6

#654158 - 01/14/11 08:59 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Todd]
ronnie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lacey

My first wife knew of my addiction to hunting and fishing when we were married. In fact on our wedding day, Nov 20, 1960, it was what we called "doe day". NOTHING kept me from hunting on doe day. It snowed 6" inches that day in Centralia, the wedding was at 3:00. We got back at noon with two deer.

Nine years later she arranged for me to take the wife of friends of ours steelhead fishing several times that winter. Of course why this arrangement was made never occurred to me until much later. She divorced him and I divorced her.

And, yes, I have always taken some of the blame. Absence makes......

My present wife doesn't really care how much I fish and or how long I'm gone......Hey, wait a minute!

#654174 - 01/14/11 09:16 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ronnie]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
Been married just under 7 years and waited til I was 46 to do it. I told her at that time I could give up fishing and hunting but then I would have to take up drinking and chasing woman again.

She buys me fishing and hunting stuff for Christmas, BD"S and never complains about my being gone, hey wait a minute!

She has never scheduled me to go out with one of her married woman friends so I guess I'm safe....

Fishy

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#654181 - 01/14/11 09:33 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Castaway Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Sequim, WA
Been married almost 4 years now. Its about 50/50, 50% of the time she bitches, the other 50 she doesn't. Its more about the money than the time, but she married me with the addiction. We never went on a honey moon. Instead, we went to alaska the week before we got married and harvested 38 tidewater kings to 45lbs, got drunk, chased bears and knocked one off in a Super 8. What a woman aaah! I've taken her out steelhead fishing in Oregon with 3 ft. of snow and bone chilling temps and she took it like a pro. She's fallen in the river in the middle of the winter and I made her keep fishin. Topper is I've been laid off from the shipyard since March now and have fished or hunted about 100+ days of that and haven't got the boot yet. I think I got a keeper. Shot an 8 1/2 foot cougar on thanksgiving that cost a few grand to get mounted and still goin. She's got her horses and I have my fishing and hunting, as long as it stays that way, we'll grow old together. Interesting thread.

#654183 - 01/14/11 09:39 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Blu13 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

I'm one of the lucky ones. Been married 21 years.

Within the 1st month of marriage she was standing in the Quilleute hooking fish with no boots (September). She didn't land any but she was hooked.

2nd year we got into a bunch of Kings one weekend on the Quilleute. She went home that Sunday with a 40lb & 25lb. Lost one we guessed that was over 50lb (wish those days were still around). I spent most of my time re-tying for her after she broke them off. She was really hooked. Guys in boats were watching us saying "wish my wife could see how much fun your wife is having" etc. In those days very few women were fishing.

Now she takes off weeks at a time to fish 1 of the local rivers every year. I had a good weekend on the coast this past year for Coho. She wanted to know when I was going back to get more.

Guys on the river she frequents joke with me about who gets her if I croak. When I told one of them I had a life insurance policy he said "not only would he get my wife but he'd get a knew boat out of it as well".

Yup, I'm lucky.

#654184 - 01/14/11 09:45 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ronnie]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Originally Posted By: Twitch
Came home from springer fishing to find the apt cleaned out, and my wife of 8 mo. gone. (This was quite a few years ago...)

How was the springer fishing?

smile

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#654186 - 01/14/11 09:51 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Dan S.]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: Twitch

How was the springer fishing?

smile

You owe me a keyboard!

- Albert Einstein.

#654188 - 01/14/11 09:51 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Blu13]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
I am goin on year #1 later this month. So far so... well OK I guess, not great by any means though. Springer season sure puts a lot of strain on our relationship though, see how this season goes. We been togethor 11 years now. First 4 or 5 years she would fish in all weather conditions, camp in the rain, watch football, give lots of blow....ah nevermind. Now she wouldn't do that stuff even if I beg. Plan on movin my trailer down for the springer season, try to cram 20-30 days on the water, looks like we get a short season this year. See if shes there when I back.

#654190 - 01/14/11 09:53 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: stlhdr42]
tonyg2929 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Kenmore Washington
Damn if i thought I could get rid of the one i have by fishing more, I would buy a spot right on the river.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 158 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |