Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#654207 - 01/14/11 11:01 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: tonyg2929]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Will be on "Married List" 12 years this August.

I can't afford to get divorced! Dr. Mrs. Parker would OWN my sorry ass if that ever happened!

rofl

#654210 - 01/14/11 11:07 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: stlhdr42]
Capt Downriggin' Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Rogue River
As the late and great Sam Kennison use to say... I was in hell for 15-f&%$in years! Yes fishing certainly contributed, but it got me outta hearing a bunch of crap..

Didn't re-marry and no plans anytime soon. Now I have to beg her to stay home!

It is a godsend not to hear, "I am cold! Run me to the marina so I can pee. I am not enjoying myself... etc." My only complaint is unloading the boat- SHE BRINGS EVERYTHING. Well, at least she enjoys going and I enjoy the company.

#654212 - 01/14/11 11:12 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Sebastes]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Loc: Sequim
Originally Posted By: Sebastes
I met my wife to be 52 years ago at a college dance when I was fresh out of the Navy. She told me about catching her first Steelhead and I was hooked.

We will celebrate our 50th anniversary in June and if I live another ten years, I'm looking forward to our 60th.

My Hero!

#654216 - 01/14/11 11:21 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Doctor Rick]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

The Good Wife Pam and I have been married for almost 33 years (July) and I do not yet see an end in sight. I think it has more to do with patience and tolerance and being willing to adapt to get along than anything else, but could easily be wrong. My Grandma Sarah said, "Rick, you just flat lucked out." and she could be right.
My fishing buds who are divorced are pretty good guys, so all I can say is, "the wifes's loss." They shoulda' learned to fish.

Edited by Doctor Rick (01/14/11 11:22 PM)

#654218 - 01/14/11 11:27 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Doctor Rick Offline
Free Prostate Exams

Originally Posted By: Somethingsmellsf
Been married just under 7 years and waited til I was 46 to do it. I told her at that time I could give up fishing and hunting but then I would have to take up drinking and chasing woman again.

She buys me fishing and hunting stuff for Christmas, BD"S and never complains about my being gone, hey wait a minute!

She has never scheduled me to go out with one of her married woman friends so I guess I'm safe....

Fishy
rofl rofl

#654221 - 01/14/11 11:31 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Doctor Rick]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
More to the point, how many of you are on the "I'm probably still married because I get the hell out of town every once in a while to go fishing and give her some fuckin peace!" list?

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#654223 - 01/14/11 11:34 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Doctor Rick]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: Doctor Rick
The Good Wife Pam and I have been married for almost 33 years (July) and I do not yet see an end in sight. I think it has more to do with patience and tolerance and being willing to adapt to get along than anything else, but could easily be wrong. My Grandma Sarah said, "Rick, you just flat lucked out." and she could be right.
My fishing buds who are divorced are pretty good guys, so all I can say is, "the wifes's loss." They shoulda' learned to fish.

Any time off for good behavior?

- Albert Einstein.

#654228 - 01/14/11 11:46 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Doctor Rick]
FGB Offline
Smolt

Loc: Olympia
Going on 9 years married,, been with her for 10 this weekend if u count dating etc.. About the 2nd month we were dating I drug her up to Bonneville for a day of Springers and Sturg, left home at 3 am and it w as blowin nasty cold and rainy. She had never fished in her life, my buddy Dan. P was showing her how to le t out Kwiks when she caught her 1st Springer! Wasnt even halfway out and she says, hey, it wont go out anyfurther? Fish On!!!!, she landed 2 more as well as a keeper Sturg that day and then snuggled up to the heater and let me and Dan catch fish! Been fishing with her off and on since and cant complain one bit because she mostly is great about letting me fish, including two trips the week our daughter was born:)

#654251 - 01/15/11 12:28 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

40 years with my first mate. She likes to fish and camp. Handles her fish well and is handy with the net. Knows how to run the boat, too.

#654256 - 01/15/11 12:36 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ]
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Our daughters liked to fish. Might be an excuse for a bigger boat.... The son-in-laws and grandsons make trips out with us. Looking forward to the granddaughter making her first trip in a year or two...

#654258 - 01/15/11 12:42 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: bushbear]
fishook Offline
Fry

Married 20 years and haven’t even kissed another woman in 23, Well it finely came down to the Kenai, Kasilof & the Gulkana or Her ? Any guesses what happened...

#654263 - 01/15/11 12:52 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Four divorces.......over 24 years, I filed each time. Sold a bill of goods each time........then they left with $. Single now since 2004, will stay that way........guaranteed.

Good luck buddies, may you never go through what I have.

Snake

#654269 - 01/15/11 12:57 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: stlhdr42]
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
NO COMMENT !

Steve

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#654270 - 01/15/11 01:00 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: fishook]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Well I counted less than 40% up to this point in the thread.

WAZZUP!

Better throw my sorry ass into the aggregate stats so Achewter can make his GD point. Yeah I got dumped in no small part thanks to the fishing bug. Got served my big "D" papers the same year I put the F/V eyeFISH into service.

20 years and four kids after saying I do, a judge finally signed my legal release papers.

28 months to go before my accountant signs the real-life release papers.

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#654277 - 01/15/11 01:16 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Dan S.]
Twitch Offline
The Beav

Loc: Oregon Central Coast
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Originally Posted By: Twitch
Came home from springer fishing to find the apt cleaned out, and my wife of 8 mo. gone. (This was quite a few years ago...)

How was the springer fishing?

smile

Tagged 39 that year thumbs

#654288 - 01/15/11 02:06 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Twitch]
FishRanger Offline
Carcass

Loc: Where ever Dogfish tells me to...
Starter marriage lasted 10 years .. .turned out she wasn't the same kind of crazy as me. . . .my getting back to hunting and fishing and doing my thing like I used to had a definite hand in the decision (it was mine). .. . . The current woman (going on our 4th year) is great, doesn't fish much, knows I like to and best of all our crazies match up pretty well .. . .

Decisions are made by those who show up.

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect." Ralph Waldo Emerson

#654293 - 01/15/11 02:34 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: FishRanger]
metaladdiction Offline
Returning Adult

Married 23 years now. We got each other trained pretty good. She knows that at any time during the winter months I may wake her up at 2 AM to give her a kiss while announcing that the river is in shape and I'm going fishing. I got a keeper.

#654305 - 01/15/11 06:19 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: metaladdiction]
Steel dreaming Offline
Fry

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI.
My Father in law introduced me to steelhead fishing, so she knew what the addiction was all about from day 1. Celebrating 25 years in a few months! It keeps getting better every year!

#654307 - 01/15/11 07:43 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Steel dreaming]
One Way Offline
Call me Sir

Loc: San Rafael, Ca. & Whidbey Isla...
My first wife and I divorced, and there is no doubt in my mind that the fact that my fishing was a part of her problem..

#654312 - 01/15/11 08:53 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ]
GBL Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Yakutat
Married to the same woman for 35 years,,,,best 4 years of my life.
She says that joke is not funny anymore!

At our 30th she told friends that I only get credit for 20 as I travel for work all the time!

Work/life/fishing balance and she has never complained about my fishing.

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 946 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645357 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |