THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#655491 - 01/18/11 01:21 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? *** [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Bottom line IMO, three quarters of welfare and a third of unemployment are just lazy bottom feeders that enjoy their crappy life and don't want anything better. They are oxygen stealers.

#655492 - 01/18/11 01:26 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: stlhdr42]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: stlhdr42
Bottom line IMO, three quarters of welfare and a third of unemployment are just lazy bottom feeders that enjoy their crappy life and don't want anything better. They are oxygen stealers.

So your opinion is the bottom line? Are you one of those who make up 87% of all statistics on the spot? Are you in a race with BD for the dumbest posts on PP?

#655496 - 01/18/11 01:36 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Salmo g.]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Thats my bottom line. I'll bet I am not far off either. There is work out there but a lot of em don't want to work. And don't get me started about the single women with peanut butter legs that has 8 kids from different dads, and doesn't even have an idea who the dads are.

#655500 - 01/18/11 01:49 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
LOL... the bait dunker tax protest justification is [censored] priceless.

You, sir, are a specialty tool.

Unreal.

rofl

Coming from a dirty hippie, I'll take that as a compliment. What ever happened to the hippie mantra "screw the man"? Btw man, do you pay taxes on your weed, man?

#655502 - 01/18/11 01:53 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: stlhdr42]
Illahee Offline
River Nutrients

Thats my bottom line. I'll bet I am not far off either. There is work out there but a lot of em don't want to work. And don't get me started about the single women with peanut butter legs that has 8 kids from different dads, and doesn't even have an idea who the dads are.

Under the stupid taxation plan, you would now be liable for $500, for making a stupid statement.
The only way around this tax is to sit down and think it through, good luck.

#655508 - 01/18/11 02:05 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Illahee]
AP a.k.a. Kaiser D Offline
Hippie

Loc: B'ham
Bait Dunker,

Trust me when I tell you that your custom moniker is far more representive of you than my custom moniker is of me.

By the way, any taxes I'm not paying is just a protest, right?

rofl

#655509 - 01/18/11 02:06 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: stlhdr42]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Have you visited a random sammple of welfare recipients in several big cities across the nation? I have. My first visit was to an 82 year old blind woman.

You wild estimates are waaaaaay off. My educated guess would be 15% of welfare recipients. I have no real knowledge of the unemployed, but if there are all these jobs out there why so much unnemployment? For some inexplicable reason 10 plus milliuon people just decided to stop working. In the last month of the Bush regime more than 700,000 lost their jobs. i guess they just all got lazy at once?

#655514 - 01/18/11 02:21 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Dave Vedder]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
42 is his IQ

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#655517 - 01/18/11 02:26 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Dan S.]
SBD Offline
clown flocker

Loc: Water
http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/federalbenefitprograms/a/welfarereform.htm

Welfare reform act of 1996 gave the power to manage the funds to the states.

There's a sucker born every minute

#655523 - 01/18/11 02:33 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Illahee]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: freespool

Under the stupid taxation plan, you would now be liable for $500, for making a stupid statement.
The only way around this tax is to sit down and think it through, good luck.

So I am stupid because I don't like to pay for others who make bad decisions or are lazy? I say you are stupid for being OK with that. Never said all participants fall under that category but I think a lot do. There are some that are deserving of assistance. Not saying the programs should be cut just wishing we could weed out the bad apples somehow.

There are jobs out there. Lots are minimum wage like labor ready but they are out there. UPS hired for holiday help and would hire anyone with a heart beat that was interested and couldn't find as much help as they needed. All someone had to do was sign up and they had a 2 month job.

Edited by stlhdr42 (01/18/11 02:34 PM)

#655535 - 01/18/11 03:08 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Irie]
bait dunker Offline
Village Idiot

Dave, there are two ways to look at this. If the average family who's struggling to make ends meet like many Americans, walks into any grocery store on the 1st or 2nd of any month and they will likely see people with tattoos, multiple kids, don't speak English, people driving expensive cars or any combination of, with carts full of .99 pizzas, soda pop, donuts, and other junk food, paid by (insert govt program). A dad may have to tell his son they can't afford a new toy, a bottle of Snapple or even a candy bar, while watching someone on assistance buy a case of Mountain Dew. Where is the justice? Does that family not have the right to be outraged? Are the families who only buy staples and wholesome foods in line too, of course. In my observations, they are usually the family who is quiet, humble, and is usually very discret.

Then there's people like you and me who see a broader cross section, like the blind lady you mentioned, the terminal patient, someone with a debilitating disease. You being a compassionate person sees these people, and knows the devastation that would happen if they were cut off. Others see the deadbeats at Walmart and are outraged. A simple drug test, or if you have a better idea, I'd like to hear it, assures the public that the money is going where it needs to go, to the people who need the help.

#655539 - 01/18/11 03:10 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: bait dunker]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: bait dunker

That's a funny one!

Keith

#655546 - 01/18/11 03:21 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: Irie]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: Irie
Go back to Gay-mfishin.

Cheap shot below the belt. You a member or just hang out there?

#655553 - 01/18/11 03:27 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Quote:
A simple drug test, or if you have a better idea, I'd like to hear it, assures the public that the money is going where it needs to go, to the people who need the help.

See, another fine example of bd talking out his a@@.

You don't have to be on drugs or alcohol to be abusing the system. bd has some sort of "drug paranoia" I guess. All the welfare cheats I have ever known were LAZY, not stoned, high or drunk.

Agreed not all are druggies, a lot of them that abuse the system are just lazy but how else could we weed some of them out? Maybe somehow they should be sent info on jobs available that are willing to hire anyone in their area like the UPS holiday positions or labor ready and if they are capable and able to work and don't pursue it they are cut off.

#655561 - 01/18/11 03:49 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

For life or for a month, time frame does not matter to me. 1 day is too long for the ones that don't deserve it. Plus there is always some other person to take their place and abuse the system.

#655563 - 01/18/11 04:04 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Who determines if they deserve it or not? YOU?

Your judgement doesn't appear to be sufficient to take on the task.

Hail to Hitler!

#655662 - 01/18/11 10:43 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
Irie Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: South Sound
I'd like to know how tax cheats find moral ground to b*tch about welfare cheats.

Actually, using your welfare scratch to buy booze and smokes isn't even cheating, it's just being stupid.

Therefore, morally speaking, the tax cheat is the criminal, and should be treated as such, as opposed to the poor--yet honest-- sod on the dole queue, looking to buy a sixxer. And the tax cheat has no grounds to complain, since it isn't even his tax dollars being spent.

If I knew who you were I'd turn your ass in just for being such a dirty, selfish, callous azzhole.

#655725 - 01/19/11 11:34 AM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
IrishRogue Offline
Poon it! Poon it! Poon it!

Loc: Yarrow Point
Wow, still not one of the "I'm for testing" people willing to agree that ALL TAX BREAKS should be subject to passing drug tests?

I wonder why you are so eager to subject people to drug tests if they're on welfare, but not willing to subject yourself to get your own welfare-equivalent tax breaks? In fact, I bet most of your tax breaks are more costly to our nation than welfare is. I think we should start testing you first.

#655732 - 01/19/11 12:35 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: IrishRogue]
browndog Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Coast Range OR.
A simple drug test ??? The fed's world does not include simple,They would spend million's trying to implement this and it probably would not be effective.
I do not have a better Idea but a "simple drug test" would just kick people to the curb and they would somehow end up back on some kind of public assistance.

Did we not just spent million's to kick them off public assistance.

Make's sense to me.

#655742 - 01/19/11 01:07 PM Re: Requiring drug tests for welfare and unemployment? [Re: ]
big moby Offline
Carcass

Loc: varies
I'd bet he is a "volunteer firefighter". They give him a t-shirt to make him feel good about himself

Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 335 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |