Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66060 - 04/30/02 11:07 PM Pine Lake, How'd ya do
Asteiger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Los Angeles
How many people went to pine lake on opening day, and how did u all do? I limited with 3 16+ and 2 12+ so it was a good day but i counted over 75 boats on the lake!! so let's hear how ya'll did..

#66061 - 05/01/02 01:01 AM Re: Pine Lake, How'd ya do
Mike C Offline

Loc: Redmond
Posting more reports on Pine today. It seemed to be pretty popular with the WashingtonLakes.com crowd. Looks liek everyone did really well on it. Maybe next year we should make it the designated Opening Day Lake. laugh

#66062 - 05/01/02 04:46 AM Re: Pine Lake, How'd ya do
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Took my 19ft Alumaweld Stryker out on the Lake smile Seen a couple other sleds there, but they were parked still fishing. I was trolling.

Got there just after midnight, I was the 2nd boat on the lake. Top was up, heater was on, crawled into bed on my boat, made sure not to park too close to the madhouse on the docks. Woke up at 4:30 am to a hot breakfast and coffee my partner had prepared. When I woke up there was probably 20+ boats on the lake by then and it was raining pretty good. Glad my sled has a top! smile Sat and watched people catch some nice fish while I ate breakfast.

After breakfast I donned my wet weather gear and fired up the kicker. I tossed out the old wedding-ring 6 ft behind a split shot and trolled not even 20 ft and hit my first fish.

Me and my partner have a contest every year to see how many we can catch and release until we've limmited on the larger triploid fish. This year I had 32 and he had 24, Down a bit from last year. We were done by 7am.

We measured all the fish, largest was 22 inches, smalled was 13 inches. Noticed they had some hold over fish again this year like last year. We put those back. Hold overs in Pine Lake always have that yucky white meat.

Twas fun like it always is.

For those people who don't have boats with tops, I feel for ya. My first trip out to Pine Lake was in 1985 in a 6ft cartopper with me and another guy...we got wet that year but had a blast. laugh

#66063 - 05/02/02 10:05 AM Re: Pine Lake, How'd ya do
charr Offline
Spawner

Loc: Yuppie Ville
I was wondering if Pine lake has an improved boat launch? I also wasn't sure if you could run gas powered motors on the lake. I am going to take my 31/2 year old son on his first fishing trip there this weekend. Sounds like there are plenty of fish to break him in on.

#66064 - 05/02/02 02:28 PM Re: Pine Lake, How'd ya do
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Gas motors are allowed. Boat launch is the same as it has been for years rolleyes ...crappy!

Lets put it this way. If you have a truck with a long bed or a long trailer, you'll be fine because of the angle of attack will be so the end of your boat is in the lake. BUT if you have a smaller SUV or smaller trailer, your going to be pushing like a mofo to get your boat off and on the trailer, because once you've backed your boat in its almost flat and almost out of the water.

Goodluck! smile

#66065 - 05/02/02 03:09 PM Re: Pine Lake, How'd ya do
charr Offline
Spawner

8 foot, Thanks for the info. I guess I can wear my neoprenes to solve the ramp problem. I'll post how I do on Monday. Thanks again smile

#66066 - 05/06/02 07:21 PM Re: Pine Lake, How'd ya do
charr Offline
Spawner

Just incase someone is listening, I promised to post on how I did Saturday on Pine lake. It was my son's first ever fishing trip and it was a blast. I now can quit wondeing if he will be a fisherman or a mall rat. The weather was nasty and he never complained. He was just happy catching his trout. He thanked me all the way home for taking him and also apologized for losing some of the fish. smile I have a live in fishing partner. Oh, we did catch our limit but none of them were of any size. 8"-12" laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 534 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |