Three Rivers Marine

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#655611 - 01/18/11 07:12 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Lucky Louie]
Idaho Mike Offline
Carcass

Loc: Post Falls Idaho
Met my first wife in 1988 and married that same year. She knew I love to fish and in fact talked about how much she liked fishing with her Uncle who ran a charterboat for years out of Oregon. On our first date trip together I took her up on the boat from Edmonds to the San Juan's to fish the opening of Ling Cod. Ride up was smooth. Hit Haro Strait and it was rough. She lasted ten minutes and demanded to be taken to Friday Harbor. Should have got a big clue that things were not as she stated.

After 13 years of marriage she announced that she wanted to go to counseling. Met with the counselor who immediately acused me of having an affair. I never had an affair with anyone, then the counselor says that I have had an affair with fishing. All down hill from there.

We departed friends and still are today. We divided up our property around the kitchen table. She got what she wanted and I got what I wanted and we didn't care what things were valued at. Its a lot easier when you don't have kids and can be reasonable people.

Met my second wife 8 years ago and we have been married for almost five years. I love her to death and if there is anything to this soul mate stuff, she is definitely mine. I couldn't be happier. Now that we have been retired for six months and are 24/7 things are still great. But, I know she is looking forward to watching my arss leave tomorrow to work the boat show for the next ten days.

DrifterWA, all the best to you and my deepest condolences for your loss.

Steve Ng, your post is telling, hang in there!

#660180 - 02/03/11 11:43 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#660181 - 02/03/11 11:49 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: eyeFISH]
Man of logic Offline
Spawner

Loc: the moon
brush'n the dust off some threads eh? I'm gonna go resurect one too. I'll see how far back I can go.

#660184 - 02/03/11 11:55 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: eyeFISH]
landcruiserwilly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell
Tried it. Looks like an 87% chance of staying married. Heading to the OP next weekend, hope it holds.....

Willy

#660185 - 02/03/11 11:56 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: eyeFISH]
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

People with similar backgrounds who are already divorced: 13%
People with similar backgrounds who will be divorced over the next five years: 3%

3%????

Crap. So much for any *real* fishing over the next 3 years!!

Have fun out there boys.

laugh

#660191 - 02/04/11 12:04 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: The Moderator]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

35% of the dudes in my demographic were already divorced.

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#660200 - 02/04/11 12:11 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: The Moderator]
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Lets see, got divorced from the first one in 2000, because I sent her to rehab...........probably should have gone myself, but someone has got to pay the bills right !!!

Then I became the olympia MILF Buster for about 2 1/2 to 3 years, and Damn was that fun and dirty.

then I met my match in the current Mrs. Fly and she had plans for me, been married to her for about 6 years now, everything is great, some of you probably saw us on the Hump this year, she was usaully holding court in the helicopter hole while we hammered Kings.
If I did not meet her my Dick probably would have fell off by now.
She's awesome and expects me to fish , hunt and generally act like a jackass so its all good in Da hood.

My wife also happens to be my best friend, we are both a couple of Freaks, which makes for a great relationship, and BTW if people think that I am some badass or whatever, I dont hold a candle to my wife, when we first met we were involved in a bar room brawl in Ellensburg and she knocked some dude out with her first punch and then asked his girlfriend if she wanted some, it was pretty much over at that point.

Peace
Fly

Edited by superfly (02/04/11 12:23 AM)

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#660212 - 02/04/11 12:41 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ]
stlhdr42 Offline
Spawner

Loc: where the fish swim
Nice fly. Funny my buddy got ko'd by a chick about 6 yrs ago in a bar in E burg. When he finally made it to the tahoe he was holding his head and the door opened and a big dude cracked him once more for good measure.

#660227 - 02/04/11 02:07 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Doctor Rick]
fishhog Offline
Spawner

Loc: Whatcom
i was married for 10 before things went south. No regrets as I got two great kids out of the deal.
Terrorized the local talent pool for a couple years, which was fun smile before hooking up with a girl I took to my senior prom. Been with her ever since, but still technically single.
Shes cool and likes a lot of the things I like, and pretty much lets me do what I want.

#660318 - 02/04/11 02:46 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Achewter]
RDJ Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Met my wife at college in 1983. We were married in spring of 1989 and are still together..I've hunted and fished all of our marriage years and she did some of it with me before our daughter came along (19yrs ago). The last 10-12 years she has been quite tolerant of my passion for fishing that runs year round. Spring to fall is full of walleye tourneys around the western US and fall to spring is river walleye and steelhead time..Shes a great person, terrific wife and mother, and a better friend. We ran into our biggest life challenge this past Sept when she was diagnosed with stage IV cancer. The boats have been garaged since that day. I miss fishing but I won't miss any chance to spend time with her right now..Lifes been good to us so far and we're hoping for more of the same...

#660333 - 02/04/11 03:29 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: RDJ]
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Well, I got off to a good start with my wife when the time came to make it official. I bought her an engagement ring and she bought me a drift boat. 12 years and two kids later I still have carte blanche to fish one day a week and depending on the season get out more than that.

I work from home these days, so frankly I think she's more then happy to just to get me out of her hair.

When I sold the db and upgraded to a sled, I did get a little push back that she needed a similar upgrade to her ring, but thankfully I dodged a bullet and senitmentality won out over a new ring.

#660461 - 02/04/11 09:17 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: BossMan]
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
1st wife ,scary. 2nd wife I picked out of the personnell's " fisherwomen looking for fisherman" we are going on 20 years and it just gets better!!!PEACE

#660486 - 02/04/11 09:59 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: FASTWATER]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

That's funny Fastwater. I've told a couple people that I met my current wife with an ad asking to meet a woman with a nice truck and boat, please send photo of truck and boat. She doesn't think it's as funny as I do, but she really does have a nice truck, and a good boat if you're into kayaking. And she likes to fish, in fair weather.

Sg

#660540 - 02/04/11 11:13 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Salmo g.]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

WTF?

No one else besides parker and landcruiserwilly bold enough to post their score on the calculator?

http://www.divorce360.com/content/divorcecalculator.aspx

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#660549 - 02/04/11 11:28 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: eyeFISH]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Regarding marriage number two (2 years so far)
1%
6%
Alot can happen over a weekend though...... smile

#660551 - 02/04/11 11:31 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: eyeFISH]
Katmai Guy Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Covington, WA
45%

#660553 - 02/04/11 11:39 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: eyeFISH]
MrOlearhy Offline
Smolt

Loc: Western, WA
Well looking at hell I don't know 25 or so yrs and still working on it. Get to fish when I want. If the weather is nice she goes now and then. She likes to fish when the Pinks are in so I play along and indulge. It's all good. She'll tell me if it's been too long since the last time I was out. On top of all else she's a pretty damn good cook too. I burn water.

As for the divorce 360 site

50%
N/A

#660633 - 02/05/11 10:44 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: MrOlearhy]
ClearCreek Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Mtn. west
30%
0%

#660635 - 02/05/11 11:08 AM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: ClearCreek]
Somethingsmellsf Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Ahhhhh, damn dog!
7 %

35%

The idea of a middle class life is slowly drifting away as each and every day we realize that our nation is becoming more of a corporatacracy.

I think name-calling is the right way to handle this one/Dan S

We're here from the WDFW and we're here to help--Uhh Ohh!

#660663 - 02/05/11 02:36 PM Re: Who is on the Divorce list. [Re: Somethingsmellsf]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Didn't realize the score mattered to you so much Doc.

48/2 and NA/5 for one and two respectively.

Sg

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jordan, UncleChris
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1259 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |