Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66546 - 06/07/02 05:21 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
working on it. Forgot that file was on an internal location...

#66547 - 06/07/02 05:26 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Normandy Park
I only wish it was de ja vu, it's more like CRS. I sent the first reply, which went to a second page. When I checked the site again, didn't see my reply so I thought I dumped it. Enough sleep, too many micros????

#66548 - 06/07/02 05:53 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
That's what I figured. Just had to give you some greif over it. Then I went and posted a link that was on my local network and not the web. Doh!

Maybe carl will figure out how to get the file posted here (I emailed it to him).

#66549 - 06/07/02 07:48 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Can't do her. Files to big (2.82 MB). To upload to PP's holding area files have to be less than one meg in size.

I suggest emailing it to whom ever wants it. I have cable modem access so a big download is no problem for me but it might upset those that are on 56K dial up access.

#66550 - 06/10/02 11:00 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Zen Leecher aka Bill W Offline
Spawner

Loc: Moses Lake
understand a game warden was up giving tickets on Saturday morning. Heard he got one group and caused three others to scurry down the road.

#66551 - 06/10/02 11:30 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

That's great news! I sent an email to the enforcement group last week, didn't hear back from them, but maybe that was their response. I'd still like to see stiffer fines. It wouldn't take much for word to get out to the poacher crowd. Poach and pay big bucks, lose gear and license privileges.

#66552 - 06/10/02 08:10 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Trout Daddy Offline
Fry

Loc: Kirkland, WA
I agree with more substantial fines. Don't know what they are right now, but how about something like $500 for each poached fish? That'd give some folks something to think about. Plus, the fines could be used for more F&G policing/monitoring.

#66553 - 06/10/02 10:18 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
johnny46 Offline
Egg

Loc: sammamish
500 bucks a fish is the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard. Just because someone catches a fish the wrong way, it's no reason to fine them a weeks pay. Besides the trout are still stockers. They cost hardly nothing to put in. It's really no big deal.

#66554 - 06/10/02 11:16 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Me, I like to claim Russian immunity and have a blank stare when I am fishing with a 8 oz banana weight with a size one treble hook attached to the weight. laugh laugh laugh

#66555 - 06/10/02 11:24 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
HBP Offline
Spawner

Loc: Everett,Wa
Hey Johnny46...you wouldn't be one of the poachers soaking bait up on a selective lake would you? If the wardens don't hand out stiff fines, people like you who don't give a rats a$$ will continue to ignore the rules. mad

I may be wrong about you,but your defense of the poachers,makes me wonder. confused

- no boss, no clock, no stress, no dress code...no shoes,no shirts, no problems. - Kenny Chesney -

#66556 - 06/11/02 01:18 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
Imagine that a Game Warden showing up, huh. You know they fish to, and this is a very popular site, you never know who drop's in. Oh johnny46, maybe you better go over your fact's and figure's and find out what the cost really is. And rule's are made at certain lake's for different reason's. Sometime's to promote a Trophy fisherie, or Fly fishing only, or electric motor's only, and so on. The rule's are there for specific reason's. Ask our WDFG what their reason's are. Then make an informed decision on the fact's.

#66557 - 06/11/02 10:27 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Johnny46 - Fish caught the "wrong way" is poaching! I suppose snagging salmon is the sporting thing to do too, right? The fine has to hurt to be effective. More I could say, but I'll bite my tongue....

#66558 - 06/11/02 11:32 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Doc Spratley Offline
Alevin

Loc: The Water
Johnny, Johnny, Johnny--- Were you one of those snaggers/poachers I chased off the Cedar River last Fall? The ones who threatened to kick my ass if I turned you in?

Poaching is Poaching, no matter how/where it's done and the fines should HURT!

Go down to the Columbia at Chinook and see how many people of Far-Eastern descent are there hucking out baits on 9 rods and keeping and cooking the short Sturgeon. All they do is look the Game Cop in the eye and claim ignorance! It has decimated the fish stock in that area.

Every damn one of them gets a ticket then they come back the next week and do it again!
I say stiffen the fines and make 'em pay. THEN, maybe the dirt-bags that ignore the rules might start to read them first.

#66559 - 06/11/02 06:08 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
johnny46 Offline
Egg

Loc: sammamish
I'm not a poacher. I just don't agree with stiff fines. When i see things like this go on i make it stop. I've called the poacher hotline before, and i've chased many an angler away from a lake. What i don't agree with is fining someone 500 bucks a fish. Most of these people don't have that kind of money, and if they do, it's probably coming out of their kids college savings account.
Besides there are more effective ways, taking away gear for example, or maybe community service. Oh and Pelican, i'm not just some clueless idiot. I know why they make lakes selective fisheries, and every game warden i've talked to tell me these fish cost almost nothing.

#66560 - 06/11/02 06:43 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Micro Brew Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Fines are to discourage wrong /illegal behavior. If you can't pay the fine, don't do the crime. It's really that simple. In addition to the fine, gear confiscation would be great, as would loss of license privileges.
It really doesn't matter to me what it cost the state to raise a fish, and has nothing to do with selective, C & R or put and take fisheries. It has to do with abidding by the established laws.

#66561 - 06/11/02 11:09 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
I don't believe I would call anyone a clueless idiot. Not my style. And I agree with microbrew the law is the law. If people don't agree with the law then take the proper step's to change it. I wonder just out of curiosity if Stacie has some number's available, I believe she could pinpoint it pretty exact on what the price is. Might be interesting to see how many tax dollar's are spent or even how much private hatcherie's need to make to stay in buisiness. With labor, facility's, electic, equipment,feed, and so on. Take Care.

#66562 - 06/11/02 11:29 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

It is every fisherperson's responsibility to know the laws for the waters in which they fish.

I say, if you are caught poaching you should lose everything, gear, vehicle, and license. Then get slapped with a healthy fine. So what if the fine is $500 and the poacher has to dip into his kids college fund. The poacher should have thought of that before they went fishing.

You wanna see poaching at it's finest go down to the Green River @ Soos Creek in October. You will be appauled. mad

#66563 - 06/13/02 02:09 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
Trout Daddy Offline
Fry

Loc: Kirkland, WA
Johnny - didn't you know? A poacher's kids DON'T GO TO COLLEGE! :p

#66564 - 06/13/02 07:17 PM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
FishnfellaS Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Grand Coulee,Wa. 99133
Here's my two cents worth on this topic. The fines should be very large and with a Manditory
Minimum. That's so some Redneck Judge who doesen't see the harm cannot let violators off
with warnings.
I waz in Canada recently and their roads are well posted with Don't litter signs. The signs state
a minimum $500 fine. You wouldn't believe how little litter there is up there along the roads.

It makes you wanna puke when you come back from there where things are cleaner and people
respect their envoronment enuff not to trash it, then take a look at our roadsides,parks,and especially lake and streamshores in popular areas. TRASHED.
Something should be done that's more effective in making people think about both litter and
fish and game poaching/rule violations.

#66565 - 06/14/02 08:27 AM Re: Rattlesnake Lake Poachers
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
You can have the best laws in the world but without the manpower to enforce them they are nothing!I see the problem as on of not enough cops.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Carcassman, steely slammer), 782 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645369 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |