THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66663 - 06/30/02 04:58 PM Re: The GREEN!!
tks Offline
Fry

Jigman, I'll trade you a ride down the river this week for a lesson on the fine art of jigging. Rolling a sandy through there doesn't seem to be producing as well as your jigs. You may be fishing a different area. Email me if your interested.

#66664 - 06/30/02 08:02 PM Re: The GREEN!!
Jigman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
Won't be doing any floating this week. I've been fishing up above Flaming Geyser park. There's not alot of fish yet but there should be better numbers soon.

#66665 - 06/30/02 08:41 PM Re: The GREEN!!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I have heard steelheading is best a day or two after a good shot of rain. So I would imagine Monday or Tuesday to be good.

#66666 - 07/02/02 07:11 AM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: kent
heading to the green as I type. Or I mean uhh, right after i type. will report later.

#66667 - 07/02/02 09:00 PM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

well I got skunked !!!!!!!!!!!! I hooked up once at around noon and head shook the hook right out of its mouth. I am not to sad knowing that this is only the beginning of what seems to be a promising summer laugh

#66668 - 07/02/02 10:41 PM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

ok guys I know what your saying three posts in a row??? Well, I am just making up for lost time. laugh I just want to keep this Post at the top as to get any and all info from the faithful Green feeshermen. My offer still stands to you FFF about going and assaulting some steelies. Also if any one out there would like to trade some hand tied Jigs or flies just post here and maybe we can work something out.

#66669 - 07/03/02 10:07 PM Re: The GREEN!!
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
Sure, i'm all for that. I think maybe next monday or tuesday will work best for me. Shoot me an email and we'll get this thing rollin.

I fished Kanaskat on Saturday. Had the whole place to myself. The water was perfect at 600cfps. Had one fish on for about 5 seconds driftin eggs under a float. Ran out of eggs and fished jigs and hooked 5 in about 45 minutes, then i woke up. And then i lost my bobber. Then i lost my temper and taught that dam bush a lesson.
Dam bush....

#66670 - 07/04/02 01:21 AM Re: The GREEN!!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
hey sweet!! burn that grass! I mean... laugh

#66671 - 07/05/02 11:31 PM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

cool FFF maybe we can hook up next Mon. or Tues. My GF is gonna be gone for the next 2and a half weeks. Since I am currently not working that means that I am gonna be bouncing back and forth between Des Moines and the green. laugh

#66672 - 07/08/02 02:23 AM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hey FFF,
I see you lurking around in the Forums but I can not get your attention. laugh Any how looks like the Green is gonna be washed out Mon. and Tues. eek

#66673 - 07/08/02 12:40 PM Re: The GREEN!!
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Actually i just got back sunday from our camping/fishing trip. Thought i would post last night but it was late and my arms were sore from catching fish laugh . Thursday looks good for me for either Redondo or the Green. The Green is probably better cuz i have a little one to take to school at 8:40 and i like to hit the salt early. But like you said the Green is probably wasted right now(942cfps). BUT that made no difference to that summer buck i posted a few weeks back. Either thursday after i drop the little one off or anyday after 4:30pm will work for me. You pick.

Here's a link to flow rates if your interested. http://wwwdwatcm.wr.usgs.gov/rt-cgi/gen_tbl_pg

#66674 - 07/08/02 03:33 PM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

cool man,
thursday sounds good to me. I will meet you anywhere on the Green that you want. I am burned out on the Salt for the week, after literally getting blown off the water on sunday. I am gonna need a couple of days of recovery time after pulling up 3 crab pots with 100' of rope in 15 min. also, I fished the Green on Sat. and man I couldn't even catch a trout. Any how reply or E-mail me as to if thursday is still gonna work.

#66675 - 07/09/02 10:50 PM Re: The GREEN!!
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Well as luck would have it my email server is down so WW if you get this i can meet up with you TOMORROW(wed) at the carbody hole just south of the highways 18 bridge at the railroad tracks at around 530-600pm if that will work for you. Sorry i can't do it earlier but i can't. My truck is a red 82 Silverado with a primer hood and primer on the rear quaters. If you don't see me once you hit the river, then walk downstream and follow the trail to the corner hole. I'll be wearing a hat that says work sucks i'm going fishing, if you don't already know what i look like. See you there...

#66676 - 07/10/02 06:18 AM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

well man i can not make it Wednesday. A friend of mine and I are taking his boat out to the Sound. How about Thursday morning as a dayto hit the Green? Reply or E-mail man and will set a Steelie slaying appointment. laugh

#66677 - 07/11/02 12:11 PM Re: The GREEN!!
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Well wing, you'll be happy to know that you didnt miss much except for a bunch of A holes that thought they owned the river.

I get down there at about 5pm, a few cars already there and a few pulling up. So i hurry to get goin and rush down the trail hoping the spot is not taken yet. I get there and no one is in site. I drifted eggs and shrimp and jigs for about 20 minutes off of the small beach at the hole. About 25-30 feet long and 15feet up the bank. But quickly the smile was wiped from my face. A group of people, 4guys and 2 women and their kids walked out from the brush and came over right next to me and whispered under their breath that THIS looked like the perfect spot to swim. Of course the women dissagree and urge the guys to leave me be. BUT NOOOOOOOOOO, the biggest Ahole walks right over next to me and yells at the top of his lungs that THERE ARE 5 MILLION FISH IN THE RIVER, AM I GOING TO SCARE THEM ALL AWAY...then screams as loud as he could again and ran and jumped in 5 feet away from me. Splashed as much as he could while urging his buddies to jump in too.

Seeing that he didn't phase me, he splashed all over and started throwing rocks and branches then decides he'll swim across the hole and back hopeing to get rid of me. Think i moved??? HELL NO. I acted like they weren't even there, and payed them just as much respect by casting as close as i could to this idiot. I made sure that they would have to do better than that to take away the whole beach from me. I slowely moved up the beach squeezing them onto a 5 ft area of the shoreline. Ensureing that the only place they could swim in was in the swift current coming into the hole. So that left me with 25ft of beach that they wanted soooo badly. LOL. SCREW THEM they can wait untill i'm done. So about 45minutes later the biggest Ahole with the mouth like a bullhorn decides to end it by "accidentlly" getting caught in the current which forced him to swim right infront of me where i was casting, SO i casted right over him. LOLLOL He looks up and gives me this dirty look like i'm doing something wrong. So i gave him the evil eye back and he was shocked that i'd do such a thing.I finally moved after that. Idiots.

During this display of dissrespect i overheard the other guys talking about how their buddy just went to jail for selling LSD and how the stuff they have right now was better and they talked about how to make it and the best way to take it. I just wanted to say that i was an off dutie officer and they better get the fugg out or go to jail. But i was outnumbered and they were high. Not a good situation to deal with.

So if you see a 77-80 model chevy that is a puke yellow/tan and all beat up with a few new dents courtesy of me, that's them.

Get your favorite buzzbomb with your biggest trebles and show them some respect for me if you encounter these retards. I get no respect, no respect. One funny thing....Mouthboy stepped on a gami after his last display of stupidity. BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

All they had to do was ask, and i would have moved on.

#66678 - 07/11/02 01:41 PM Re: The GREEN!!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Just another reason to pack heat. eek

And you thought you were going down to the river to fish for metalheads not methheads. laugh

#66679 - 07/11/02 02:11 PM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Man FFF I hate being put in that position. That is why I disapear into the Canyon this time of year.
I think I am yo sunburned to leave the house today (Thursday), But am planning on doing some fishing later today at the spot we talked about wink . Give me a call or E-mail me man and bring some spoons so I can see what the heck you do with them. laugh

#66680 - 07/12/02 03:33 AM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Well I feeshed the Trestle today and didn't even get a nibble. Although I only fished an hour and a half.

#66681 - 07/17/02 05:53 PM Re: The GREEN!!
WINGWANG Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I was just wondering if anyone has fished the Green within the last few days??? I have been working my at my new job 10hrs on 6hrs off so i need some encouragement about some of the green reports.

#66682 - 07/18/02 12:42 AM Re: The GREEN!!
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
Yes I AGREE!! Tell FFF!! How is the green??

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Dick laxton, Lil Blue Sled, Lil Red Sled, Solash, The Moderator, WeServe
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1338 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645377 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |