Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#666560 - 02/28/11 12:30 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Dan S.]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Still waiting for the big revenge beat down. smile Live and die by the 3. BTW Cougs shot about 24 for 26 from the line tonight. GO COUGS!! See you guys in the tourney in 2 weeks.

#666561 - 02/28/11 12:33 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: DBAppraiser]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
How about those COUGS WSU fans?

Downed the Zags....and swept the pups....

We'll be awaiting the invite to the dance COUGAR NATION!

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#666562 - 02/28/11 12:34 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: DBAppraiser]
DBAppraiser Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: MA13
Texted Chuck, he is ok. He said something about the game not meaning anything. However, I got the sense that his butt cheeks and jaw are clentched pretty tight. smile

#666564 - 02/28/11 12:38 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: DBAppraiser]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Love it, even though I hate the Cougs. So tired of the one dimensional dawgs with their no energy, no defense, no offense, posing, tattooed drama queens. Play basketball, period. Romar needs to go, seriously, nothing changed the entire game......motivation, game plan, offense, intensity. They worked the ball down low a couple times to start the seond half....good.........then left it. And continued to play weak sister defense.

#666567 - 02/28/11 12:42 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Snake Pliskin]
huntncoug Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Echo Lake
Thompson and Casto kicked arse! Go Cougs!

#666568 - 02/28/11 12:51 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: huntncoug]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country

smile

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#666570 - 02/28/11 12:58 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Magicfly]
fbmost Offline
Fry

Romar did a really fine job of getting those boys ready to play. You can see what an MBA is worth from the UW.

As ugly as the first half was the second half was entertaining.

#666575 - 02/28/11 01:21 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: fbmost]
Rapid Robert Offline
Spawner

Loc: Selah Wa.
Nice win Cougs!!!

GO COUGS!!!

#666577 - 02/28/11 01:27 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Rapid Robert]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
If the Huskies are going to get beat in basketball, I'd rather see them lose to the Cougs, even though it is hard for me to write that. Didn't watch the game...followed play by play on ESPN. It's a crappy way to follow the game and you never really get into the feel of it with the momentum changes, intensity, hustle, etc. The stats don't always tell the game but looks like the Dawgs shot horrible (and had too many turnovers) and the Cougs made their free throws.

Congrats on beating us both times this year.

#666583 - 02/28/11 01:35 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: The Catcherman]
fish monger Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Originally Posted By: DaveD
If the Huskies are going to get beat in basketball, I'd rather see them lose to the Cougs, even though it is hard for me to write that. Didn't watch the game...followed play by play on ESPN. It's a crappy way to follow the game and you never really get into the feel of it with the momentum changes, intensity, hustle, etc. The stats don't always tell the game but looks like the Dawgs shot horrible (and had too many turnovers) and the Cougs made their free throws.

Congrats on beating us both times this year.

You can still watch it. FSN is replaying it right now. smile

#666586 - 02/28/11 01:38 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: fish monger]
The Catcherman Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Ellensburg, WA
No cable and they shut down my streaming site. Otherwise, as rediculous as it sounds, I probably would watch it if possible, just to see some of the action. But I gotta work tomorrow.

#666600 - 02/28/11 02:22 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: ]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: Chuck S.

Good thing there is time to regroup - Romar was AMPED up tonight like I have never seen him. Refs were total douchebags to both teams.

Romar has no reason to get amped up, dude cannot coach an offense to save his life. He should thank Isaiah because hes the only one who creates offensively.

PAC10 refs are always trash. But when you shoot 34 %, miss free throws, and have more turnovers than assists, your not going to win games. These losses all fall on Romar. Look at our losses against WSU, Stanford, Oregon oregon state and texas a&m, it's all the same story. Stagnant half court offense. I know the stats say that the Huskies are a top offensive team in the nation, but when they play someone who can slow them down into a half court game, they struggle. Also, playing all your non conference games against cupcake teams at home doesn't help a team prepare or get better. Sure pads the stats though if thats what your into. I could give a flying fvck if the Huskies were dead last in scoring as long as they were winning.

Romar's offenses have always been SH!T when they can't run and control the tempo. Half court offense is something that Romar cannot coach.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Romar isn't a great x's and o's coach and games like tonight continue to prove that he misses having a guy like Ken Bone on his bench as an assistant. Out of the three D1 basketball programs within the state (WSU Gonzaga UW) Romar is the 3rd best coach of the group. I'd take Few or Bone as my coach down the stretch in a close game.

Edited by Knucklebustersonly (02/28/11 02:28 AM)

#666620 - 02/28/11 11:17 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: ]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Just embarrassing to be a Husky fan. They don't deserve a tourney invite after the last month IMO. As much as I respet what Romar has done, he's the one driving the bus with his guys....and they're not getting it done. Wasted opportunities.

#666625 - 02/28/11 11:50 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: snit]
NOFISH Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Olalla, WA
If any non-fan had to watch that game, it had to be THE fugliest NCAA basketball game ever seen.........I think Bone came in with a good game plan and his gang was more focused the the puppies. Helluva free throw seminar!

Let's sweep them southern Kalifornia schools this week thumbs

Damn Stam!
Remember, Ask yourself "What would Stam do?" smile

#666630 - 02/28/11 11:58 AM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: snit]
Doug P Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Redmond
OK, it is official I am a "Delusional Coogs" woke up with a smile on my face, had a dream the Cougs had just swept the PAC 10 Champs, soon to be Final Four Dawgs, with the Pac 10 player of the year........No can't be! With the team leadership of a scholar athlete... IT and the often persecuted If not prosecuted VO ................must have been the fans on the court.

Edited by Doug P (02/28/11 12:00 PM)

#666635 - 02/28/11 12:00 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: ]
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Chuck S.
Originally Posted By: Knucklebustersonly
Romar is the 3rd best coach of the group. I'd take Few or Bone as my coach down the stretch in a close game.

Hilarious ... but I will play for fun

8 years @ UW and his record is 171-91 (.653)

5 out of 8 the Dawgs hav e gone to NCAA tournament - 3 of which UW made sweet 16

Can either of those other coaches even come close to that? No.

Did Romar shoot 22 % in the first half last night? No.

Clearly he is the problem slap

No, but they also have not had the talent that Romar has had, and usually underachieved with. Give Bone or Few those players and I'd be willing to bet that they would have much more success, particularly in the NCAA tournament...

Romar didn't shoot 22% in the first half, his players did as a result of his piss poor offensive schemes.

Edited by Knucklebustersonly (02/28/11 12:02 PM)

#666636 - 02/28/11 12:03 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
It doesn't really count as "piss poor offensive schemes" when they had open look, after open look, after open look, and failed to sink the shots. If they had, we'd have been up by 20 at halftime, and everyone would be saying what a great offensive performance they had, again.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#666637 - 02/28/11 12:07 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Todd]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Congrats to the Coogers for making the Final Four.

What is that..............all this smack is being rattled just because they beat the Dawgs?

Get over yourselves already.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#666645 - 02/28/11 12:27 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Todd]
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Todd
It doesn't really count as "piss poor offensive schemes" when they had open look, after open look, after open look, and failed to sink the shots. If they had, we'd have been up by 20 at halftime, and everyone would be saying what a great offensive performance they had, again.

It does, because as a coach do you continue to let your players take outside shots if they aren't falling?

How about attack the hoop or push the ball down low to your bigs and look for higher percentage shots? Much better option than continuing to look for shots that aren't falling. romar gives no offensive direction to his players

#666649 - 02/28/11 12:49 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Dan S.]
Ikissmykiss Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Snohomish County
What an ugly game...gotta hand it to Boner, his half court defense was superb yesterday. Congrats to WSU for sweeping the Dawgs this year.

But in the bigger scheme of things, UW is headed to the Big Dance while WSU is NIT bound. In fact, even if the Coogs win out AND win a game or two in the Pac-10 tourney, I don't think they will get the invite...they will have to win the tournament and get the auto bid to make the Dance. They really shot themselves in the foot by losing against lowly ASU.

Ike

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Budman, fishmonkey
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 344 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645398 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |