Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#666653 - 02/28/11 12:55 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Knucklebustersonly]
Rocket Red Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Elma
Originally Posted By: Knucklebustersonly
Originally Posted By: Todd
It doesn't really count as "piss poor offensive schemes" when they had open look, after open look, after open look, and failed to sink the shots. If they had, we'd have been up by 20 at halftime, and everyone would be saying what a great offensive performance they had, again.

It does, because as a coach do you continue to let your players take outside shots if they aren't falling?

How about attack the hoop or push the ball down low to your bigs and look for higher percentage shots? Much better option than continuing to look for shots that aren't falling. romar gives no offensive direction to his players

They could not take the ball inside because Ken Bone, and everyone else in the world knows that MBA is a pussy. He puts on the mean face, but when he plays physical opponents (regardless of their athleticism) he gets cowed. In the run and gun he is a good asset at forward. N'dai is a good piece, but his skill set and game knowledge is really rough still.

If the outside shots aren't falling, UW cannot rely on their forwards to create offence when the D is physical.

I am still a Romar fan. He has brought winning philosophy to UW. It is nice to have a consistently good squad to watch.

#666659 - 02/28/11 01:03 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: ]
Knucklebustersonly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: WA
Originally Posted By: Chuck S.

I watched a few layouts that refused to go down as well ... I prefer to call it a poor shooting night, not bad coaching myself.

If Bone is such a great coach why are the coogs in 6th place?

Then keep taking it inside to the bigs or drive/attack and shoot higher percentage shots. Not only that but you can draw fouls and get to the line. Sure as hell don't agree with throwing up 28 3balls when they aren't falling.

Wsu wasn't any better offensively but they worked it inside, drew fouls and made free throws. They made 17 more than uw did. That's the game right there

Your definition of a poor offensive night for uw is what I call a one dimensional offensive team

Edited by Knucklebustersonly (02/28/11 01:06 PM)

#666660 - 02/28/11 01:04 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: Rocket Red]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
MBA is either good, or awful...and he was awful last night. N'Daye sure is hell isn't a scoring threat...he scored two straight buckets and it was the highlight of his career as an offensive player.

We have shooters, and we have two guards who drive the lane and dish it to them...when we shoot, we win. Unfortunately none of our shooters were hitting, they all had bad days.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#666678 - 02/28/11 01:53 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: ]
Magicfly Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Pasco Bulldog country
Told the wife after the game, "I'm taking tomorrow off from work, I'm observing the COUG Sabbath..." smile

I wish I'd been there last night for joining in on the Clay Thompson chants "ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR! ONE MORE YEAR!" Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. smile

GO COUGS!!!

Mf

"Go hard, today Can't worry the past, coz that yesterday". GO COUGS!!!

#666686 - 02/28/11 02:56 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: ]
River Nutrients

After MBA missed his 5th or 6th piss poor turn around shot romar had him on the sidelines and was ripping him for not positioning better.

One sided? Maybe, but you dont stay #2 or #3 in the nation for scoring because your offense is crappy.

Basing that kind of opinion off one game is ... one sided. These numbers reflect a completely different tune.

POINTS PER GAME
2nd
OVERALL

REBOUNDS PER GAME
12th
OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME
4th
OVERALL

FIELD GOAL PCT
15th
OVERALL

Poorly coached? Not hardly wink

Come on Chucky, don't get delusional on me.

Stats are relative to who you've put them up against. As the case with the Huskies, they are playing in a mediocre Pac 10 and haven't really faired all that well all things considered...

If you look at the Huskies season, sure they've put up points, but the stats are inflated cause they've played sh!tty teams. They don't have one good nonconference W, have only one good win against AZ at home and have struggled in a bad Pac 10. Put the Huskies in a stronger basketball conference and you won't get such inflated numbers because they aren't playing a bunch of cupcake teams all year..

Stats are nice if thats what your into. At the end of the day, the record is the most important and that is what teams and coaches are graded on... Stats are nice if you can win to back them up, but they don't mean $hit when you can't defend your home court over the cougs

Edited by Knucklebustersonly (02/28/11 02:59 PM)

#666692 - 02/28/11 03:03 PM Re: Cougs, pups II [Re: ]
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Knucklebustersonly
At the end of the day, the record is the most important and that is what teams and coaches are graded on...

And that we shall agree on. Perfect example is St. Johns, also 19-9 but ranked 15th because of their 3 big wins ... even though they have a handful of ugly losses ...

St Johns I don't understand. They figure out how to beat a few great teams but still have some losses that make you wonder how the efff they can be so inconsistent.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 345 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |