Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#66794 - 06/07/02 04:27 PM NEW MEMBER'S
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
First off I would like to welcome our new member's and would like to know what part of the country your from what type of fishing you prefer and tellus a little bit about yourself. So feel free to join in on these thread's or start one of your own. Hope you enjoy this forum and the people involved as much as I do. Once again Welcome Aboard!!!!!

#66795 - 06/07/02 11:43 PM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Where are the new members? They should introduce themselves. cool

#66796 - 06/08/02 10:17 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
spokey9 Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Ravenden, AR
I joined about a week and a half ago. I'm 24 and grew up fishing off of les davis pier in the sound. Those were the good ol' days. During the day catching big salmaon off of slip bobbers, at night throwing steel leaders to catch hake as long as your arm. Winter was nice can't remember all big cod i used to catch. over the years the fishing died off in the sound and i started fishing lakes more and more. I fish trout and panfish alot and am starting to get into bass fishing. I'm not into fly fish, i use bait and lures. But i follow the regs closely, and put anything of size that i can back.

#66797 - 06/08/02 03:47 PM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
On The Hook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Post Falls, Idaho
Howdy all,

I found this site and started reading and with all the good FRIENDLY advice I figured I would join up.
I am a transplant from the North Central part of the state and now live in Port Townsend.
Last year was my first score on silvers at Point Wilson and had a blast catching many(including a bird weird huh LOL!!).
This summer I plan on reteaching myself to flyfish as my step-dad has 10 acres right on the Hoh river (any advice on flyfishing or spin gear fishing on it would be appreciated).

Thanks All

Robert laugh rolleyes

#66798 - 06/10/02 11:41 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Spinyray in OKC Offline
Alevin

Loc: Oklahoma City, OK.
Hello to everyone. My brother pointed me to this website last year, but it was just recently that I noticed the 'readers forum' tab. I'm 30 years old, and aside from military duty I lived in the Puget Sound area until Oct.2000 until events beyond my control caused me to move. confused As my name implies, I live in Oklahoma City, OK. I grew up as a trout fisherman, but since have changed my focus to the various species of Spiney ray. Of course the change in location has something to do with it, but in reality my focused changed when my brother and I realized that Black Crappie are available in Ohop Lake. laugh
I still like to keep in touch with what's happening back in good 'ol WA as far as fishing is concerned, and this website is the best way to do it. Never tried fly-fishing, but I may someday if I move back. I'm really enjoying the Bass, and I practice CPR when doing so. (catch,photo,release) My largest so far is a 4 plus pounder. In my opinion crappie, walleye and perch are the best tasting fresh water species...along with bluegill. I haven't had much opportunity for salt-water fishing. frown
I appreciate the wealth of information available from all of the different anglers that visit this site.
I've been enjoying the 85-90 degree weather cool and doing some pond hopping for Largemouth lately. Catching one on a topwater offering is a complete rush! eek

#66799 - 06/10/02 12:54 PM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Fishin Chick Offline
Fry

Loc: Renton
Hi, I joined about a month or so ago. I am 20 years old and have lived in Renton my whole life, and been fishing since I was like 7ish (I think). My Dad got me into fishing when I was younger, and it started out as something that I did to hang out with him, but then I started enjoying it.

For that past few years I have have just fished when it was convenient to rent a boat, so I was restricted to only a few lakes. I mainly fished Mineral Lake and Wapato Lake.

This year I bought my first boat (15' Smokercraft). I am trying to use it as much as I can, so I am trying to find nice lakes to go to close to my house. I have had a hard time finding lakes in the King County area to use my boat, since I don't have an electric motor yet, and I hate boat launches that involve pressure from rude people (like Coulon Park on Lake Washington).

I like to fish for trout. I mainly either use powerbait to still fish, or pop gear to troll. I like to use these boards for advice on lakes I have not been to yet, it really helps. I usually check the boards daily - it gives me something to do at work when I am bored. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice, hope I can do the same in the future.

#66800 - 06/16/02 01:07 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
HellsRanger Offline
Egg

Loc: Whatcom County, Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by PELICAN:
First off I would like to welcome our new member's and would like to know what part of the country your from what type of fishing you prefer and tellus a little bit about yourself. So feel free to join in on these thread's or start one of your own. Hope you enjoy this forum and the people involved as much as I do. Once again Welcome Aboard!!!!!

#66801 - 06/16/02 01:10 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
HellsRanger Offline
Egg

Loc: Whatcom County, Washington
Quote:
Originally posted by PELICAN:

#66802 - 06/17/02 04:49 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

HellsRanger, Did you post your fishing report? When are you going to hit the lake?

#66803 - 06/20/02 08:26 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
erabbit Offline
Egg

Loc: Montrose,Pa.
Hi Pelican and everyone else.

I had quite a time to register for this web site but we're here now.

I came over from the NAFC site to see what all you good people have going on your web page.I live in Pa. and fish Seneca Lake in N.Y. state for lake trout,brown,rainbows and landlocked salmon.I also fish Lake Ontario a few times a season.This is just a small snapshot but it will give you some idea of my interests.
I'm packing up today for a 10+ day stay at Seneca Lake so it will be some time before I can get back to this web page.
Looking forward to talking to all of you and sharing info.

#66804 - 06/20/02 10:33 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Ironheader Offline
Alevin

Loc: Vancouver
Pelican didn't I see you on Gamefishin.com a couple weeks ago promoting this site? Just thought I'd stop in and say hi! laugh

#66805 - 06/20/02 07:40 PM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Fuzzy Bear Offline
Egg

Loc: Carnation, WA
Been a viewer for over a year and finally registered. Started fishing in NY state, then as the military took me all over fished Wyoming, Colorado, South Carolina, Alaska and Nebraska. Now live in Carnation and fish mostly local lakes, Sammamish, Langlois and Flowing. If you see a beat up old blue bass boat, that's me. Looks rough, but floats and goes. Plus I don't owe on it. Like the information and the occassional humor.

#66806 - 06/21/02 01:29 PM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Hey Guy's, Welcome aboard. Nice to hear from you rabbit, and Ironheader. Fuzzybear glad you decided to register. I believe you folk's will enjoy this forum. I know everyone on this site is more than willing to share secret's and method's.

#66807 - 06/21/02 06:26 PM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
Hello Fellow Board Members...

I have been frequenting this site for a couple years, and really enjoy the forum topics. I enjoy all types of fishing, and will cast a line for everything except the koi in my backyard!

I frequent both rivers and lakes all over the state, and love to chat with fellow fisherman about good spots to set out for, what is hot, what is not, how to fish, etc. I think the whole zipperlip ideaology is no fun. If you are serious enough of a fisherman to find this site and explore it with other fishermen (and women) I think you should share your knowledge.

I have lived on the eastside my whole life and can probably count the major rivers I HAVENT fished in Western Washington on on one hand. As for Lakes, I am just starting to explore them more and more frequently.

I just bought a place in Lynnwood where I plan to spend the next ten or so years, and would love to meet some new local people to hook up with for day trips to a few rivers and lakes. All of my buddies in the Bellevue/Issaquah area are too lazy to drive "that far north" Geesh, it's only 20 minutes up the freeway!

This time of year I love to fish Summer Run Steelies, and Salmon in both the fresh and salt. I also like to hit the lakes with both terminal and fly tackle. So whatever your fancy, I lets talk about it.

Great to see some genuinely nice people on the boards.

Sky-Guy..

#66808 - 06/22/02 12:55 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Welcome Sky-Guy! The fishing season is just starting to heat up around here. Can't wait till July 1st.

#66809 - 06/23/02 01:04 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
My name is Curtis... I have been sober for 13 days and seven hours!

#66810 - 06/24/02 12:24 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Waiteman Offline
Parr

Loc: Granite Falls, Wa.
Hello All - I've been fishing the puget sound area for 25 years now ( I'm only 38) and still haven't done it all. Shrimping in Hoods Canal, Spreader Bars out at Swiftsure, Mooching at Westport, Trolling flashers at Possesion, Crabbing and Lings out of Blaine, Springers and Flatties off Vancouver Island, Metalheads in Sultan, Triploids at Fish Lake to name a few. I decided to join this board to share info and help others enjoy what living here has to offer. Still need to get down to the Cowlitz and give that a try....adios

#66811 - 06/24/02 11:37 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Curly Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Redmond,WA
Hello. I just signed up with this forum. It seems to be a good one compared to others. I'm 62 yrs old, Live in Redmond, do most saltwater fishing except I don't fish in front or in rivers. Once home, I let them go. I also do trout and walleye fishing. I don't use bait except for bottom fishing in saltwater and walleye fishing infresh water. I fish barbless for all species in fresh and saltwater. I like to take good care of our ourdoors and pick up litter left by others when possible. I do have a question though. I am just starting out in walleye because of my wife and I've never fished Banks lake. Can anyone give me some information on what to use and how to fish for walleyes on Banks and Potholes? I've fished Potholes once and caught four walleye's it seem to be a drag dragging walleye gear on the bottom. Good tast'in fish though. I'm mostly a saltwater chucker though. I enjoy most of your forums. It's very interesting to listen to the fishing tales. Thanks smile

#66812 - 06/24/02 01:21 PM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

I like to use a yellow bladed wedding ring (with two single hooks), have to buy them on this side of the mountains because they don't have them over at Banks, w/ worm about 30 feet down at Banks. I usually start fishing right out of Coulee Playland and head straight across the lake to the other side to where it drops off to about 60 feet of water. The key is trolling dead slow, speed 1 on an electic motor. Also, don't be surprised if you hook into a 20" 'bow while fishing for walleye.

If you go to Big Wally's (Texaco gas station in just north of Coulee Playland) they will have a good map of where to fish for you to look at right on the counter. You can even ask Gordy Steinmetz some questions, he is a Banks Lake Pro Guide who mans the counter at Big Wally's.

Enjoy! I might be heading over there for the holiday weekend coming up. My Pa has waterfront property on Blue Lake right in the middle of tons of good fishing. smile

#66813 - 06/25/02 01:07 AM Re: NEW MEMBER'S
Curly Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Redmond,WA
Hey Easy Limits, Thanks for the quick reply. It's good when we all can help each other out with info. I fish Blue lake every year in the spring and fall. I troll with nothing but wolly buggers in black or brown. Been catching some pretty good size trout the last couple of years but, I understand that there gonna rehab the lake again because it's one of these lakes that are targeted as a maximun catch lake for people who don't know how to really fish and enjoy the art of pure fishing. That's the way it goes but, it sure is a waste to kill all those large holdover trouts. Maybe we'll see each other this fall. I have a restored 1962 Seaswirl that red and white in color. 15ft and a blue top. Sumo look'in asian boy. Thanks again for the info and good fishing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |