Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#672286 - 03/24/11 11:42 PM Re: Mexico report [Re: ]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
For the sake of trying to solicit a few more sweet photos.

Two second, broad scope tutorial on photobucket. It is super easy, and will make your internet photo posting life much easier than other methods.

1. Go to photobucket.com, register a new account. Dont be scared.

2. Click on large obvious buttons that say things like "upload," select photos and videos from where they live on your computer. Upload.

3. To post on interwebs forums like this one, copy the field below the image that looks like this [IMG]. Hint, click on the field.

4. Past into a new/reply msg, preview if so desired, and then prepare for insults.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#672290 - 03/24/11 11:49 PM Re: Mexico report [Re: ColeyG]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Apparently the Copper is even more bored than me tonight.

beer

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#672291 - 03/24/11 11:51 PM Re: Mexico report [Re: Todd]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Based on your stories and the occasional photo, I would say that I am more bored than you on most nights.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#672295 - 03/25/11 12:03 AM Re: Mexico report [Re: ColeyG]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Based on your stories and the occasional photo, I would say that I am more bored than you on most nights.

Touche, my friend...but not so much lately wink

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#672307 - 03/25/11 01:03 AM Re: Mexico report [Re: ColeyG]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Past into a new/reply msg, preview if so desired, and then prepare for insults.

rofl

Steve, for a rookie photo poster you did fine and those are some sweet fish......the permit is NICE! I hooked ONE of those, once, kinda by accident while bonefishing. Had him on for a nice run before he broke off.....but I haven't forgotten it.

Nice stuff dude.

#672309 - 03/25/11 01:27 AM Re: Mexico report [Re: ColeyG]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Charles,

Borrowed the hat from my fishing buddy so I wouldn't have to do the - put a bandana over my head, put on my hat thing to reduce the amount of sun I was getting. A long day on the flats is brutal to my PNW lilly white skin even with spf 50 sunscreen.

The attraction of permit is that they're not easy. Kinda' like steelheading, although not in the same way. But a tough fish to take on your own terms. I hear that they're suckers for a live crab bait, but then that wouldn't be interesting after the first couple fish. That's how they're like steelheading, more challenging when you only accept them on your own terms, forsaking the usual training wheels and crutches. Strong fish, gotta' give 'em that.

Also very strong, and possibly more over-looked are the jack crevalle. I think they're not very discriminating, but they pull exceptionally hard on the line for their size. There is no doubt in my mind, that all other things being equal, that tied tail to tail, the tropical saltwater species would tow salmon and steelhead around and drown 'em quick like.

Sg

#672326 - 03/25/11 02:52 AM Re: Mexico report [Re: Salmo g.]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
the tropical saltwater species would tow salmon and steelhead around and drown 'em quick like.

That would be funny to see. A piscatorial tug-o-war of sorts.

I just finished watching "In Search of Rising Tide." Short flick about Bahama's area guide Charlie Neymour (crazy charlie fly) and friends. The strength and endurance of some of these saltwater species is really amazing.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

#672341 - 03/25/11 10:08 AM Re: Mexico report [Re: Salmo g.]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
There is no doubt in my mind, that all other things being equal, that tied tail to tail, the tropical saltwater species would tow salmon and steelhead around and drown 'em quick like.

True words.....true words. And their strength can be shocking to those used to trout. A couple years ago I got my brother in law hooked on flyfishing.....he has the bug BAD but only has chased trout so far......The first time I flyfished a shallow reef in Maui with him I showed him the ropes in a spot that had lots of damselfish. The ubiquitous Ku'upipi, or Seargeant Majors....the type of thing you'd see snorkeling and most people think of as aquarium fish. On his first hookup he yelled out "Holy Sh!t!" and could not believe a fish that size and shape could tug that hard and put that kind of bend in a 5 wt stick. Welcome to the salt brother....welcome to the salt. A 12" bonefish puts a 12" trout to shame.

Nice stuff Salmo.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 385 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645402 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |