Three Rivers Marine

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#722178 - 12/01/11 12:25 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: Plus1]
steeliebill Offline
Parr

Loc: on the lewis
fvck me, that is a fish..... any one else in the 90# club???

#722186 - 12/01/11 12:50 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: steeliebill]
Plus1 Offline
Smolt

Oh yea,

Count me in too...

this was well over 50, over 60 in fact.

we ate the whole thing.... it took a long time

Edited by Plus1 (12/01/11 12:50 AM)

#722188 - 12/01/11 12:54 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: steeliebill]
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Originally Posted By: steeliebill
fvck me, that is a fish..... any one else in the 90# club???

If holding one up counts, yes ... but not my fish frown Can say I've physically touched one.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#722191 - 12/01/11 01:07 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: Bob]
Plus1 Offline
Smolt

Carl is in too....

He is a real friendly guy, you would like Carl.

#722196 - 12/01/11 01:21 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: Plus1]
RB3 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Awesome pics. I joined the 25 lb club this year. I have a tough time finding big kings but I have upped my last year total by 2000% smile

#722198 - 12/01/11 01:32 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: ColeyG]
Mingo Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kona, Hawaii
Originally Posted By: ColeyG
Doc, you are the Rain Man of fishing statistics. Impressive memory.

Doc prefers flying Qantas and he comes in handy at the blackjack table.

Edited by Mingo (12/01/11 01:33 AM)

#722202 - 12/01/11 01:41 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: FishNg1]
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Closest I've come is 29lbs for a king. 27lbs for a steelhead. 19lbs for a silver. Caught a lot of nice fish over the years, but never near that mark of 50lbs.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#722208 - 12/01/11 01:55 AM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: FGB]
RowVsWade Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Island Time
Originally Posted By: FGB
I have the original issue of Fishin Holes with the story in it, I'll try ad scan and paste it up if I can find it. The fish was hooked by a guide out fun fishing with fellow guides after work. Fish came close more than once but finally broke off , was for sure estimated well over 100.

That's the one I remember. I read that article and painted mooching weights on a warm summer night when I was +/- 12 yrs old.

That story has kept me awake many nights. Still does.

If you don't like our prices bring your wife down and we'll dicker.

#722297 - 12/01/11 02:29 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: kwikfiks]
gooybob Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Toads!

#722327 - 12/01/11 04:34 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: gooybob]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
An OLD friend of mine still holds the Washington Satate record for a 70 lb saltwater chinook from Pillar Point. I believe it was in the 60s. He is quite old and I have not seen him for a few years. I do hope he is still around. Chet Gusta.

Record book says Sekiu, but he told me Pillar point.

Chinook salmon
Oncorhychus tshawytscha

70.50 lbs

Chet Gausta

Sekiu

September 6, 1964

Edited by Dave Vedder (12/01/11 04:37 PM)

#722328 - 12/01/11 04:51 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: Dave Vedder]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
I've always wondered back in the old days how many fish over the 70.5 saltwater record were just caught and eaten without ever being weighed. I bet plenty.
Largest I've ever seen in person was a 63 lb our neighbors daughter caught with us on a family trip to Campbell River. That was in the early 70's.
There are some great fish people are posting, keep the toad pics coming!

#722351 - 12/01/11 07:20 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: stonefish]
Mergantroider Offline
Professional Tveecher

Loc: Oahu, HI /Olympia, WA
high 30's for me. saw a 50 or damn near. funny story about that day. Cowlitz trib. fished one day, cohos and kings came almost on top of each other. limited on both in very few casts. was super excited to go back the next day. Saw my mothers physical therapist for her back surgery at tumwater sports that night getting gear. never fished by herself yet, husband was at work. she was headed to the cowlitz in the morning( she said with a sigh). my stepfather and i looked at each other and took pity. gave her directions to this zipper spot.next morning im fishing, landing another high 30's fish ( 35 minute battle) i see her fishing. short leader ( 10 inches maybe!) and a kenai or wild steelhead sized golf ball of a cheater. she was excited when she saw me and fish were getting caught everywhere. i hear her say fish on!. 3 cohos and a king later for me...she's still got this fish on. im thinking...well shes never fished by herself before, so i walk over to give her a hand. shes in the process of trying to beach this MONSTROSITY. when she finally see's the fish ( hour later) she almost drops her rod, she starts keening ( crying and yelling) she gets it close and cant beach it...so i put the size 12 to good use and couldnt budge it...had to pounce on it and wrastle this thing onto the beach. i look down and really get a view of how big this fish is. im 6'5" and took two hands under its gills to lift it...jaw was high stomach to chest level and the tail was on the rocks. i had landed a few fish in the 30's that day and this thing dwarfed them. she cried for awhile. blubbering. couldnt even punch her card because she was crying and shaking so much !! she wasnt sure how her husband would feel about catching a fish without him, bigger then anythings he's even come close to, and on her FIRST KING! hhahahah. it was dark...but i dont think she cared.

Same river two years later i saw a 50+ year old man almost have a heart attack packing out a 50+ pounder. dude was Purple...i actually told him to pause a sec because i was worried about his color. and if he wanted me to carry the thing the rest of the way up the trail. he declined but collapsed on a stump. i styed for a second because i was truly worried he'd blown something. never seen a guy actually turn that shade of blue and purple. it was a hen and bright. hahaha i still have this image of a 5'8" man holding this fish in front of his face by the gills, the tail almost on the ground doing the two step down a trail while puffing like he ran the boston marathon. ha.

Edited by Mergantroider (12/01/11 07:24 PM)

#722359 - 12/01/11 07:56 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: eyeFISH]
eyeFISH Offline
Ornamental Rice Bowl

Originally Posted By: eyeFISH
The battle was rather pitiful.... there was almost no load in the rod thru most of the battle. While Ploeger was being interviewed mid-fight, the rod tip was only bent half way to the ferrule at mid-shaft.... about what an 8-10 oz cannonball would accomplish.

When fighting a BIG fish, what part of "deep heavy bend in the rod" do folks not understand? Good thing I wasn't the "guide" in that boat. I'd'a been all over that guy's a$$.

Pull GDI!
Pull HARD!
JFC! I said H-A-R-D, GDI!
You're NOT gonna break the f'n rod!

I got little girls that'll make a rod bend better than a lot of the grown men I take fishing. Seriously, I wanna see it bend right to the corks.

Like this....

"If you don't kill them, they will spawn." (Carcassman)

The Keen Eye MD
Long Live the Kings!

#722377 - 12/01/11 09:08 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: eyeFISH]
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Quote:
Pull GDI!
Pull HARD!
JFC! I said H-A-R-D, GDI!
You're NOT gonna break the f'n rod!

You don't spaz out like that all the time do you?

Because i think that would get on my nerves.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#722381 - 12/01/11 09:22 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: eyeFISH]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Loc: AK
Originally Posted By: eyeFISH

Like this....

Glad the hook didn't pop (notice how I didn't reference "spitting the hook") at the end there. Camera girl was in the DANGER ZONE! That woulda left a mark for sure.

All this talk of putting pressure on the fish is gonna hurt BFD's feelings. grin

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#722382 - 12/01/11 09:30 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: ColeyG]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

How did I know I was gonna get drug in to this. Knew it was curtains when Francis started chanting about bend in the rod or some kind of odd thing like that. We all have something to work on........... frown

not nice.

at all.

Good thing I got old scotch. Don't think I could take the abuse. Here's your chance.......fire away.

Edited by cobble cruiser (12/01/11 09:32 PM)

#722385 - 12/01/11 09:34 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: cobble cruiser]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

Pretty quick on the uptake there Danny. I figured it would have taken twice as long for your ears to start burning.

All in good fun.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."

#722390 - 12/01/11 09:47 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: ColeyG]
cobble cruiser Offline
~B-F-D~

It's alright Coley. I can take it, let me just.............hold on a sec.......okay. foul

Alright carry on.

#722403 - 12/01/11 10:39 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: cobble cruiser]
Dave Vedder Offline
Reverend Tarpones

Loc: West Duvall
I have seen Danny put a serious bend in a rod.

But not when he had a fish on.

#722414 - 12/01/11 11:08 PM Re: Who's officially in the 50+ club? [Re: Dave Vedder]
ColeyG Offline
Ranger Danger

thumbs

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 982 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |