Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#67122 - 06/23/02 05:49 PM Fishing gear ripped off
Arklier Offline
Returning Adult

Well, I had a lot of freshwater fishing gear stolen from my car last night. I'd ask anyone here to please be on the lookout for this stuff. I know it probably won't lead to anything, but you never know. If you find it, please call the cops.

Fishing gear:

One B&M Buck's Ultimate 'Super Stiff' 8.5 foot spinning rod paired with an Abu Garcia center drag reel. The rod is NOT a stiff heavy rod. It's a long medium light rod for crappies.

One Ugly Stik 6.5 foot spinning rod paired with a Penn Power Graph 1500 reel.

One Daiwa Triforce X 6.5 foot spinning rod paired with an Okuma Avenger AV-40 reel.

One Plano 3 tray tacklebox chock a block stuffed with fishing stuff. Full of plugs. The more unusual items include a pair of stainless steel pliers with a slightly rusty nut and very rusty spring. They have a red handle that says 'Benchtop' on them. Benchtop has not made these kinds of pliers in more than 8 years. Two jars of Berkley Crappie Nibbles, one white, one green. Many unusual kinds of quill type bobbers. Five smaller mini tackle boxes inside, two for hooks, swivels, corkies and beads, and three for mostly 1/32 oz jigs. I'd estimate the tackle box to equal around about half of the value of the stuff that was stolen. It was just full of that much stuff.

One floating fish basket. Powder black coating, with a heavy 7 foot yellow fish stringer with brass ring and post attached to the handle to tie it to the dock.

Non fishing gear:

One North X Northwest folding camp chair. This one is unusual because it has metal rings around the spots where the metal legs come up through the canvas material. The chair is dark blue with black highlights. The case is made of lighter material and has a shoulder strap. It has a few holes near the bottom where the plastic feet of the chair have worn through.

One pair of radio headphones made by Sony. Black with silver reflectors on each side.

This stuff was stolen from the Federal Way area, near Redondo beach. There is a reward of $50 for the return of this stuff. If you find it, please email me privately at arklier@hotmail.com

#67123 - 06/23/02 08:40 PM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Boy, between your fishin' stuff gettin' jacked and my truck gettin' jacked a little while ago it just makes me want to move out of Federal Way. Maybe I will move to Milton. There is no crime there. laugh

I posted a question to you in the other forum, was you stuff taken from the parking lot at Redondo?

#67124 - 06/23/02 11:42 PM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
Ncwmallard Offline
Parr

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Sorry to hear you lost your fishing gear. I know how frustrating it is.

I hope you did report the theft to the local police. Chances are that you won't get your gear back, but if the police do recover it, and you don't report it then you will definitely not get it back (and the bad guys won't go to jail.........no reporting victim = no crime).

You might want to check local pawn shops. Sometimes your stuff will end up there. Pawn shop owners are also alot more cooperative if you have a police case number in hand.

Last but not least, either hide your valuables in your vehicle or don't keep any in there. And most importantly, lock up your car.

I say all this as a cop myself, who loves to fish. Hope that helps, and I hope the guys who did this to you get caught.

John Kruse frown

#67125 - 06/24/02 01:10 AM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
Arklier Offline
Returning Adult

Yes, I did report it. The cop that came out dusted the driver's side rear door lock for fingerprints, but came up empty. I plan on going around to the pawn shops tomorrow and passing out the description above with the case number on it. I'm hoping my parents' homeowners insurance will cover part of it, since I live at their house, but my mom thinks the deductable might be too high.

#67126 - 06/24/02 01:12 AM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
PELICAN Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Maple Falls, Wa
That really suck's. Nothing i hate more than a theif. Keep a sharp lookout at the pawn shop's, hopefully your gear will show up.

#67127 - 06/24/02 01:28 AM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
ErynH Offline
Alevin

Loc: Bellevue
Don't just check the local pawn shops. Check EBay, too. People sell tackle boxes full of tackle and used rods and reels on there all the time. I'm sure not all of them came out of grandpa's garage. You know what I mean. You'll want to do a key word search (make sure you click the box to include item descriptions) including the brand names of your items, including what kind of tackle box it was.

Good luck!

#67128 - 06/24/02 11:33 AM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
F F F Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Kent
THE COP DUSTED FOR PRINTS FOR FISHING GEAR?????? Hell i couldn't even get the dam pig to get out of his doughnut crumb covered car when i reported $2000 worth of stereo and personal equipment stollen out of 2 vehicles the same night. That pisses me off royaly. I even had a full palm print on my car that was plain as day and he just acted like that was silly to even show him. SO i now i have my own protection. And if i catch anyone near those vehicles i will quickly answer the question "Just how many treble hooks can the body sustain before it can't run".

#67129 - 06/24/02 12:57 PM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I haven't had anything stolen as of yet. I carry with me when I go fishing,three fly rods and related equipment. From now on I'm just going to take what I use and if for any reason it gets broken I will just have to quit for the day. It sure is rough when you can't trust to be away from your car for any length of time. mad

#67130 - 06/24/02 10:12 PM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Offline
Spawner

Loc: Enumclaw
I feel for you dude. I had $80 of stuff taken once.. I really hope you find it. People who lower themselves so much like that just piss me off... takes the fun out of the sport.

#67131 - 06/25/02 01:03 AM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
Arklier Offline
Returning Adult

That wasn't just 'fishing gear'. That was ALL my freshwater gear, nearly $600 worth. Some of it was given to me by my grandfather before he died. Every time I think about having to replace it all, I get depressed. $250 for the rods & reels ($120, $70, $60), roughly $200 for the tackle box and contents (lots of bass plugs at $6 a pop), $40 for the camp chair, and $50 for the radio headphones. It's even worse because of the nice weather. Every time I even think about fishing, I suddenly remember that I now have nothing to fish WITH. I don't have the money to buy new gear since I'm out of work. It will be a long time before I can go fishing again, and it pisses me off to think that some punk is hawking my stuff that I worked hard to buy, or worse, trying to use my grandfather's plugs himself. This has upset me enough to consider not replacing it and giving up fishing altogether, since whenever I think about it, it's like someone sticking a fork in my chest.

#67132 - 06/25/02 09:45 AM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
I know how you feel. That is how I felt when someone jacked my truck (tow vehicle) I just could not pick up and go fishing any more like I had been able to do before. Kind of a sick feeling. mad mad

#67133 - 06/25/02 08:27 PM Re: Fishing gear ripped off
On The Hook Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Post Falls, Idaho
Hey Ark FFF has some extra gear email him and maybe you can work something out.
Hate to see people not able to fish.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (eddie, wolverine), 962 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |